Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
ROFLMAO
As I get ready to go in for infusion to...suppress vital immune cells. But I'm sure that's OK since it only comes with cancer warnings and it costs $36,000.

But wait, there's more, "Secretion of interleukin 6, tumour necrosis factor α, CXCL-8, monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 and matrix metalloproteinase 9 was significantly increased following ECVC challenge."

I don't now the others but TNF-a is what I get SUPPRESSED. If it INCREASES TNF-a that is increasing immune response not damaging it as the headline claims in opposition to what the study says.
The study says vaping has pro-inflammatory effects, i.e., it causes an immune response, not that it damages anything.
The study isn't innocent though, it's pouring crap on cells rather than actually looking at someone who is vaping.

Go back to the cancer warning for my drug and its name. Tumor necrosis. On the drug I have a suppressed ability to fight tumors. If this wasn't junk science it would probably conclude that ecigs fight cancer by increasing TNF-a. As long as your TNF-a acts right and doesn't attack healthy cells more should be a good thing.
But as suppressing my TNF-a is a good thing and vaping nicotine helped me before I was on anti-TNF meds I'm going to guess it's complete crap.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
BTW, in the US it's claimed that 20% have auto-immune disease where the immune system can use some kind of damage or otherwise being knocked down a few pegs.
That would be nice, my immune system went nuts and started fusing my spine.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Vaping is harmful... to Big Tobacco's bottom line. Otherwise, not so much, I'm thinking. Really, if they're so worried about it, they might try asking people who actually know; like... you know... vapers, maybe.

Scientists who are obviously afraid of vapers wouldn't even have to talk to them. Enough of us have health problems from smoking that they could ask our Drs to have us give them access to our medical records.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
vaping is harmful ..... to Big Tobacco and Big Pharma ......they are both loosing a crap load of money due to vaping ...

I quit smoking 2 +yrs ago thanks to Vaping and have saved a crap load of money and i feel so much better as i do not get out of breath so easy now and just feel so much better .

Also everything now smells so much better .

smoked for 30+ YRS so i think Big Tobacco has had more than its fare share of money from me and they aint getting anymore .never bothered with nic patches as they are crap so Big Pharma lost out there also.

I now vape nic free and just vape for pleasure ,.....can take it or leave it , .....I still enjoy the taste and the coil building side of it ,also making my own juice and have plenty of it so its just a casual vape and hobby now .

I can go days between vapes if I want ,so its not a monkey on my back like smoking used to be .

Thank you for all the VAPE stuff available to help us all quit SMOKING .

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
What doesn't make sense to me about this study is if they are seeing rapid changes in the cells, why would it take 20-30 years for COPD to come along? In smoking, it's the build up of the tar over decades of smoking. Yes, they should look at real vapers and test our lung function. Most former smokers report much improved breathing once they totally switch to vaping. Some have the test results to prove it! Also, why didn't they introduce bacteria into the cells and see what happens? I believe the PG is killing most bacteria and viruses, hence vapers reporting fewer colds than non-vapers! Couldn't we look for positive effects for once instead of always trying to find something negative?

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
As mentioned above, there’s a lot of companies losing out due to vaping, even Governments loss of cigarette tax. I feel better vaping than I ever did smoking in so many respects, so until I feel worse vaping than I did smoking, I’ll stop vaping, but it will be my decision, not some report findings, AND do my absolute best never to go back to smoking.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
nice click bait title and lack of any real information!!!

Real study here. Pro-inflammatory effects of e-cigarette vapour condensate on human alveolar macrophages

You can research the funding and researchers previous history and affiliations by researching their names etc. You can also read about the methods they employed to come to the conclusions they did. Takes a bit longer than reading a click bait opinion piece where they lay it out in easily digested bits but it is well worth the time to wrap your head around where they are coming from and what they are actually saying.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
In smoking, it's the build up of the tar over decades of smoking.

The black lung pictures are a lie (when attributed to smoke tars, coal black lung is real). We do remove those.
COPD (which is a collection of diseases, so emphysema from smoking) is more like a death by a thousand cuts, a lot of little damage over a long time. Think of COPD from chlorine gas, a lot of damage in a short time.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is so odd I went from 3 ppd and 18 months of straight pneumonia to like one cold since I switched to vaping. SO STRANGE.

I must be a special snowflake. Well, I've always known my immune system has been special, it's repelled creeps and stupidity since 1974.

LOL, l think I will send my newly bolstered immune system off to do battle with this study.

Also, I'm just gonna say it. I DON'T CARE what your new study says anymore. I mean, I've just read so many of them and they all amount to nothing, plus etc. plus we all know what it's for.

I would LOVE for a reputable study to just actually indicate something terrible about vaping and have it be fact. Okay, fair enough, I'm bored with this stuff, but at least it would be new and interesting.

Not expecting it any time soon and etc., and it will probably be small, but yeah I'm just sick of these. I can barely even muster up a good outrage anymore. That's not good.

Anna

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
That is so odd I went from 3 ppd and 18 months of straight pneumonia to like one cold since I switched to vaping. SO STRANGE.

I must be a special snowflake. Well, I've always known my immune system has been special, it's repelled creeps and stupidity since 1974.

LOL, l think I will send my newly bolstered immune system off to do battle with this study.

Also, I'm just gonna say it. I DON'T CARE what your new study says anymore. I mean, I've just read so many of them and they all amount to nothing, plus etc. plus we all know what it's for.

I would LOVE for a reputable study to just actually indicate something terrible about vaping and have it be fact. Okay, fair enough, I'm bored with this stuff, but at least it would be new and interesting.

Not expecting it any time soon and etc., and it will probably be small, but yeah I'm just sick of these. I can barely even muster up a good outrage anymore. That's not good.

Anna
Good on you, well said

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
nice click bait title and lack of any real information!!!

Real study here. Pro-inflammatory effects of e-cigarette vapour condensate on human alveolar macrophages

You can research the funding and researchers previous history and affiliations by researching their names etc. You can also read about the methods they employed to come to the conclusions they did. Takes a bit longer than reading a click bait opinion piece where they lay it out in easily digested bits but it is well worth the time to wrap your head around where they are coming from and what they are actually saying.
Treatment with the anti-oxidant N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) ameliorated the cytotoxic effects of ECVC/nfECVC to levels not significantly different from baseline and restored phagocytic function.
Interesting....

However this:
Mucolytics that depolymerize mucin, such as N-acetylcysteine, have no proven benefit and carry a risk of epithelial damage when administered via aerosol.
Mucolytics, Expectorants, and Mucokinetic Medications

Doesn't bode well for counteracting the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread