Vaping on Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedomendured

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009
Bergen County, NJ
Since school was already out when I started vaping, I haven't yet had the opportunity, since smoking was banned from campus about a year ago. Everyone still did for a while, but the campus "security" (to be honest they really couldn't secure a hamster cage, let alone a 167 acre campus) tightened up and started giving out tickets, so it started to become more of a I-had-to-smoke-like-a-commando situation. Now that I vape I really can't wait to be able to say to them it's not smoking, and I know it's not. But I was wondering if anyone has the legal backup so if one decides to be persistent I can throw it in his face and carry on about my way.

I'm talking like legal definitions held up by precedent, etc.

Ill be sure to share experiences when class begins, as this will really be my first time vaping in a non-smoking section.

Thanks!

freedomendured

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009
Bergen County, NJ
Oh no I'm not going to be aggressive about it, and I had a few profs in mind who might be interested. The president is a royal ....... (and a drunk) and has tried to get some of the most ludicrous and idiotic policies put into place. He's probably not going to be a fan no matter what I tell him, but since it's not as bandwagon-like a thing as banning smoking (My school was the fourth to ban it in the NJ area) I don't think he will get as much support behind it. Maybe I'll start with some flyers.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
It all depends on what constitutes smoking in your state since you are from NJ their Smoke-Free-Air Act states ""Smoking" means the burning of, inhaling from, exhaling the smoke from, or the
possession of a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other matter or substance which
contains tobacco or any other matter that can be smoked."
I got the information from here http://www.nj.gov/health/ctcp/smokefree/documents/nj_smokefree_air_act.pdf
Since the PV doesn't burn or isn't lighted you should be ok. I would print out a copy of the act, highlight that section and take it with you just to be on the safe side.
If you are confronted be polite, demonstrate your personal vaporizer, explain how it works.
Best of luck.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
It all depends on what constitutes smoking in your state since you are from NJ their Smoke-Free-Air Act states ""Smoking" means the burning of, inhaling from, exhaling the smoke from, or the
possession of a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other matter or substance which
contains tobacco or any other matter that can be smoked."
I got the information from here http://www.nj.gov/health/ctcp/smokefree/documents/nj_smokefree_air_act.pdf
Since the PV doesn't burn or isn't lighted you should be ok. I would print out a copy of the act, highlight that section and take it with you just to be on the safe side.
If you are confronted be polite, demonstrate your personal vaporizer, explain how it works.
Best of luck.

Maybe I've been vaping too long but doesn't "Smoking" means the burning of, inhaling from, exhaling the smoke from, or the possession of a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other matter or substance which contains tobacco or any other matter that can be smoked" just sound so midevil and outdated. I can't believe I used to do that and spent a fortune in the process. Let's hope they never start a "this is what I've spent in cigarettes during my lifetime" thread. I shutter to think of it!

Instead of flyers try business cards. You know: "I'm NOT smoking. No fire. No first hand smoke. No second hand smoke. No odor. No cancer. No kidding!" And tell them if they don't smoke give it to someone who does. Ask a dealer if they'll let you put their web address on it. Or just put your e-mail address and put "please drop me a line if you kick the cigarette habit."

--Prof Daffy

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
NOTE: "Rob (aka halopunker) owner of altsmoke is my son and I will plug his business whenever I can! I also buy from other vendors and try to be fair in all my recommendations!"

Awesome looking site, you must be a proud papa! Looks like he's having a sale, too! Absolutely love the picture of the guy pouring carmel sauce on ice cream for the RY4 juice. Very clever. Consider it bookmarked!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Instead of flyers try business cards. You know: "I'm NOT smoking. No fire. No first hand smoke. No second hand smoke. No odor. No cancer. No kidding!" And tell them if they don't smoke give it to someone who does. Ask a dealer if they'll let you put their web address on it. Or just put your e-mail address and put "please drop me a line if you kick the cigarette habit."

--Prof Daffy

Now, That's a great idea! Just hope they don't pop him for soliciting.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
NOTE: "Rob (aka halopunker) owner of altsmoke is my son and I will plug his business whenever I can! I also buy from other vendors and try to be fair in all my recommendations!"

Awesome looking site, you must be a proud papa! Looks like he's having a sale, too! Absolutely love the picture of the guy pouring carmel sauce on ice cream for the RY4 juice. Very clever. Consider it bookmarked!
Yes I am a very proud mom 8-o He does a good job with his business and I'm not just saying that because he's my son.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH

--Prof Daffy
Here's a link on this forum about business cards http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...just-going-print-out-batch-fraking-cards.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread