Vaping on the train

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
On the train home from work today I was vaping my 901 as I often do, and this was the first time that someone's come up to me and said "Smoking's not allowed". Once I showed him that I wasn't smoking he went back to his seat.

The woman in the seat in front of me had been blissfully unaware that I'd been vaping and was really impressed when I showed her what it was and that I could blow out a huge cloud of odourless vapour with it.

jackie_UK

Nov 25, 2008
North-East UK
My train journey up to Scotland for this Christmas was the main reason I got my first e-cig. I was not looking forward to 6 1/2 hours up the east coast main line without being able to get my nicotine fix. Fortunately that's not going to be an issue now. :)

Wow ! That's brilliant !
I've only been using e-cigs for 6 days, so am definitely a 'noobie', but I find I'm getting quite evangelical about the whole issue of using them wherever I can.
I (fairly) often use the East Coast line between Newcastle and London, Kings Cross. Even though its only about 3 hours, that's a long time to go without a 'fix'.
On my second day as an e-cig user, I sent an email to Customer Services at National Express (who operate that train line). I asked what their policy is on e-cigs. What a surprise...no reply.

Has any UK person tried being polite and actually ASKING the policy makers of places where e-cigs might be used - and got a reply ?

By the way, I asked the Manager at a local Restaurant where I go for coffee regularly. No problem ! That was brilliant. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread