Vaping outside of Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I'm outside of Walmart vaping (away from the entrance... basically where the employees smoke... cig butts everywhere) This woman walks by, stops and says "aren't you afraid that will hurt you" and I go into the "it's safe, it actually has nothing to do with this" and then she says "because I was really interested in vaping" (I thought she was going to tell me to go in the parking lot or something... she actually wanted to quit smoking) So I explained the whole deal about THC carts and "contamination", the bed rep from news media, ect. and she as very interested. I told her to search the internet and find the truth (how they are finally telling the truth) She was so relived and thankful. I may have just helped someone get off cigs, someone that was very interested in vaping and got scared. Happy ending (I needed that) I wonder how many other people want to quit smoking and just got scared because of the media BS. Kinda made my day :D

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There is a lot of crap on the internet. I'm not all that sure, but buying pre-filled cartridges that are made by tobacco companies really scares me.

I figure doing diy is about the safest. At least I can pick my sourcing for various juice and components.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Question is... Who contaminated the liquid, and why? The only side-effects I've experienced, is slight weight gain, and lower blood pressure.
Who? Anyone stupid. It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. Occam’s razor implies any number of random sloppy fools.

Why? Because sloppiness, ignorance, or greed. In any order or combination.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Question is... Who contaminated the liquid, and why? The only side-effects I've experienced, is slight weight gain, and lower blood pressure.

the contaminated "pods" are the THC/Vitamin E types, made in someones garage next to the cat litter box ;)
Who? people who are selling drugs (THC) and Why? to make a fortune at the costs of others health and stupidity.

one can buy empty pods from china, extract the THC from the raw source, mix up the base fluid ( VG, Vitamin E ), mix all items and then inject into empty pods, repack the full pods into some "real" boxes and distribute to the sellers on the street.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I pick up my 89 year old Mom once a week and take her to Walmart to buy groceries and shop for other things she needs. Yesterday, when I got to her house she had the local paper open to the article about vaping deaths. She grilled me about vaping and told me how she depends on me and doesn't want me to die an early death from vaping. She worked for Doctors her entire career.

I explained to her what the problem was and how teenagers were vaping CBD oil that wasn't meant to be heated and inhaled. I reminded her that I make my own juice, it's a water soluble base, and I know what's in it. I mentioned that I had been vaping for almost a decade with no issues.

I also asked her if she remembered the Vicks oil based nose drops problem back in the 1960's where people were being hospitalized because when they sniffed oil based nose drops their lungs became oil saturated. She did. I explained to her how that was a similar issue and Vicks changed to water soluble formula to correct the problem.

Finally, she understood that I'm not going to die because of vaping and she was fine with it again! This whole debacle with oil in the vape has been trying.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think the actors all had a conference back in say February on how to add vitamin E and then dispersed throughout the country to do their dirty work. :lol:
It wouldn’t have been required. All that would need to be done is for it to be offered by some entity at a lower price. Which it was.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I pick up my 89 year old Mom once a week and take her to Walmart to buy groceries and shop for other things she needs. Yesterday, when I got to her house she had the local paper open to the article about vaping deaths. She grilled me about vaping and told me how she depends on me and doesn't want me to die an early death from vaping. She worked for Doctors her entire career.

I explained to her what the problem was and how teenagers were vaping CBD oil that wasn't meant to be heated and inhaled. I reminded her that I make my own juice, it's a water soluble base, and I know what's in it. I mentioned that I had been vaping for almost a decade with no issues.

I also asked her if she remembered the Vicks oil based nose drops problem back in the 1960's where people were being hospitalized because when they sniffed oil based nose drops their lungs became oil saturated. She did. I explained to her how that was a similar issue and Vicks changed to water soluble formula to correct the problem.

Finally, she understood that I'm not going to die because of vaping and she was fine with it again! This whole debacle with oil in the vape has been trying.
I had not heard of the Vick’s oil based nose drops thing. I’m too young (how often does THAT happen any more, hehe) anyway, it sounds like a very interesting thing to look at. There was publicly available science back then.

Reactions: DaveP

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

My new Cut and Paste Post ::

I don't know about nic pod sickness issues .. what I do know is, the Underground Market in the USA for high strength THC pods .. up to 1000mg .. people are using the availability of these pods no different than when coke was distilled down to crack .. they want it, they seek it out and they like it .. it's just simple as that ::

Wisconsin brothers accused of running illegal THC vape cartridge 'empire'

I don't think China has anything to do with it other than making the pods themselves .. what this whole issue needs to be named is another Drug on top of the other Drugs .. the more and more easy availability of weed has morphed just like coke did in in the mid-80's ..

And the Vape Pen has become the delivery system ..

You want the straight skinny on the issue .. ?? Take a minute ::

Is Vaping Really Killing People? Here are the Facts

CDC: Most Vape Illness Patients Used Unregulated THC Products | Ganjapreneur

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
There is a lot of crap on the internet. I'm not all that sure, but buying pre-filled cartridges that are made by tobacco companies really scares me.

I figure doing diy is about the safest. At least I can pick my sourcing for various juice and components.
I wouldn't worry so much about true juul company carts,,, its the black market filled carts to be concerned with,, anyone can buy empty juul pods & fill them with whatever. I have bought empty juul pods for a juul we have.

That is where BT has a defense on current lawsuits,,, they didn't fill the pods that affected people,,, those people are just chasing $$$ while lying they bought black market crap trying to hide they were trying to get thc

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I may have just helped someone get off cigs, someone that was very interested in vaping and got scared. ...

When the Final Tally is made, and I am Standing in Judgement, I Hope this is Not Overlooked.

:D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I told her to search the internet and find the truth (how they are finally telling the truth) She was so relived and thankful. ...

BTW - A Long, Long, Long Time Ago on a rainy day, I made a bunch of Avery Business Cards with the ECF's Logo and Web Address on them. Then stuck a couple in my wallet.

I Haven't handed out as many as I though I would. Maybe 2 Dozen.

But it is So Much Easier than trying to find a Pen and a Piece of Paper. Or fumbling with My Phone that Always seems to have 1 Bar and 20% Battery Power.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, thats pretty familiar to me, here in my forgotten and miss informed country people sometimes walks close by and pretty afraid asks "is that a bit dangerous as media states, isn't it? well, i have had several talks and discussion with people about the truth, the counterfeit products you could find pretty cheap and the scandal with some thc carts, some of them really enjoy and endure a conversation, some other folks just walk away or drop pretty negative feedback about this topic, im pretty glad OP could merge someone in the truth and maybe will do a try!

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread