The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping pales in comparison to food

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by oxygen thief, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
  2. williamclarkonet

williamclarkonet Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
  3. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
  4. The Torch

The Torch Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2012
    Montreal
    If you think pesticides are bad, research those unpronounceable names on food labels. Most sugar substitutes are know carcinogens for starters. The few products used in e-juice are probably better for your health no matter how you get them into your system than just touching most foods that come in packaging and then some....

5. oxygen thief

Jun 26, 2012
    Leaded gasoline is still in the atmosphere.

BPA: 12 Dangerous Chemicals to Avoid in Everyday Products | LIVESTRONG.COM

I take psych meds. They are very popular these days. They are processed by the liver and kidneys. Where do the metabolites go? In your toilet right to our water supply. Whether we like it or not, most people are drinking Prozac, for instance. Meds are appalling but people that absolutely have to take them have to settle for less than stellar results. Still, compared to 50 years ago we have treatments that do work. If I don't take these chemicals I go psychotic. Sorry that I have to eliminate.

Lake Travis is a big part of Austins water supply. It's is 35% capacity due to droughts. More of this big, lovely lake is filled with rain polluted from, oh let's say, leaded gas in the atmosphere. When there is less water, this mix of pollutants has to be more concentrated.

BP oil in the Gulf of Mexico. Styrofoam islands in the oceans. Mercury packed fish! Spent radioactive waste buried underground. When will the first semi hauling this stuff crash and who is dumb enough to think, no matter how they are buried, that radioactive waste will not get out. Yet we can get most all of our power from wind farms and solar panels. Why don't we do that? Is it Denmark that gets almost all of their electricity from wind farms?

Xrays, MRI's ct scans.. Chemotherapy pissed into the water supply. Treating cancer partially caused by these devices with with...radiation.

Deforestation. Trees and bees. Species of creatures falling by the wayside in incredible numbers. Species that serve a purpose.

There is a couple, husband and wife, that have invented solar panels that highways, sidewalks, all kinds of things can be covered with. Safe and remarkable brilliant. Using LED's, they can make roads safer. And talk about the cool factor.

I'm not a scientist, it took two tries at high school biology to pass the class but I can look up food label ingredients online then look up what the chemicals really are. Do Ramen Noodles have any actual food in them?

We are living longer due to advances in treatments that are too expensive to imagine. Treatments wouldn't be necessary without this chemical soup we eat every single day. I don't have the money to shop at Whole Foods, ie, Whole Paycheck. That leaves backyard organic gardens and farmers markets but a country full of stress monkeys and long work days don't leave time for this.

Thousands..thousands of chemicals in tobacco with scores of carcinogens. What do farmers use to make higher yields?

Then, according to the FDA, we don't know if e cigs are safe while, at the same time, we are told to eat more fruits and vegetables that are poison covered 'healthy food.' But do ecigs carry the potential harm of eating a peach? They don't know so they want to ban them. FOOD-DRUG A does know these other issues but they do nothing while every year more of these chemicals are added.

If you go to RJR site you would think that they are leading the way in saving the world from cigarettes while their marketing people look for new ways to market them. As cost of business in a shrinking US market increased, they took their cigarettes to poor, unregulated countries to sell them there with no warnings. Genocide. BTW, you can't leave comments or email them. At least I don't remember seeing it.

Foods that we can't eat, water that contains god knows what. Pure poison fast food that families feed their kids and many do it many times a week. Hey, where have I heard that we have to keep our kids safe, first and foremost? Give me a minute.

Why does the ******* Dumb Asses (FDA) want to ban a freaking miracle device which will save millions of lives and keep us healthier with more vitality? We all know. $$$

How can we do this? Why? Where are these genetic mutations coming from and why do I have tears in my eyes?

Ban ecigs at your own peril you scum sucking bottom feeders. Liars turning the living into diers. Mercy, mercy me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BA6fFGMjI

[​IMG]

6. Nana Gail

Nana Gail Super Member

Aug 9, 2014
    niceville Florida USA
    You forgot to mention, the use of 2/3rds of our grain crops to make ethanol, while the rest of the world goes hungry??

7. nyiddle

nyiddle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Let's be real:

Everything is bad for you, and your death will be a result of the world you live in. GG no RE

Also:

My initial thought was that this post was gonna be you talking about how food is so much better than vaping, lol.

8. oxygen thief

Jun 26, 2012
    "Let's be real:
    Everything is bad for you, and your death will be a result of the world you live in."

BTW, I'm no tree hugging activist. Vapers are a tiny % of the population. Everyone eats. This is hardly anything to slough off because we're going to die anyway. The point is, how much sooner will we die and why do we sit back and just let it happen? This is about misplaced priorities. Ban ecigs or ban fruit?
    Let's be real, that's my point! Want some neurotoxins with that peach? This email I received this morning is what got me started on this.
    Center for Food Safety | Publications & Resources | CFS Healthy Home | Tips for a Healthy Home | Top 5 Pesticide Laden Fruits and Vegetables
    I'm 61, my stepfather farmed 5500 acres of grain sorghum(much of it went to Russia), a few hundred of cotton and occasionally, watermelon. The runoff of pesticides and defoliants ran right into Copano Bay in South Texas. What is the half-life of these chemicals? Did each new seed pop into dirt still packed with chemicals? Make sure your cotton is organic if rewicking. :)
    The food supply has changed dramatically in my lifetime. Looking back, there were no corporate farms. Corporate farms have to be kissing cousins with BT...same trickery. I drove combines every summer from the age of 13. Sometimes, 16 hour days. Crop dusters often were very close by spraying defoliant on cotton, and me. They flew 10' over my head.
    After 30 years of bipolar disorder I'm lucky to have lived this long. My expected lifespan is shorter by 10 years than yours because of my illness regardless if I'm being treated or not. It affects the heart and other 'minor' organs. It genetically passes down, my mother had it. But did neurotoxins contribute?
    Honestly, food isn't my biggest problem but will mental illness soar when your precious children are raised eating agent orange and smoking cigarette's?
    Wasn't Agent orange a Vietnam thing? Yes, but now they spray our food with it. I'm not as upset as I sound. Why? I'm just going to die anyway. It's the world we allow ourselves to live in.
    http://rt.com/usa/epa-pesticide-24-d-petition-831/

9. aggo

aggo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Oh great...a deceptively titled thread, which just turns out to be a ploy for the OP to put forth their conspiracy-laden agenda.
    Sorry, but stuff like this really disgusts me. If you want to discuss these topics, why don't you do so in The Lounge or some other forum?

10. oxygen thief

Jun 26, 2012
    I can get you links to everything I've said. These studies are published by government agencies and organizations for a little sanity. But again, ******this is to compare the hysteria over vaping while, at the same time, we have other issues that affect everyone in this country.****** In other words, I'd love to hear the FDA's take on this.
    How can you say I'm scaremongering? We are outraged at the FDA over vaping. Where's the outrage over the food your family eats?
    The mods decide what goes where, not me, i did my best. I hope they bin it because it was not meant to scare anyone.
    This...would you feed your family transgenic food? Food is a four letter word. What the heck is transgenic?

The GMA's federal offensive to prop up the dangerous and evermore unpopular technology of transgenic foods comes on the heels of two high-profile ballot initiative battles in California (2012), and Washington State (2013), where GMA members were forced to spend almost $70 million to narrowly defeat GMO labeling forces. The 15 largest contributors to stop GMO labeling in California and Washington include the following GMA members:

(1) Monsanto: $13,487,350
    (2) Dupont: $9,280,159
    (3) Pepsico: $4,837,966
    (4) Coca-Cola: $3,210,851
    (5) Nestlé: $2,989,806
    (6) Bayer CropScience: $2,591,654
    (7) Dow Agrosciences: $2,591,654
    (8) BASF Plant Science: $2,500,000
    (9) Kraft Foods (Mondolez International) $2,391,835
    (10) General Mills: $2,099,570
    (11) ConAgra Foods: $2,004,951
    (12) Syngenta: $2,000,000
    (13) Kellogg's: $1,112,749
    (14) Campbell Soup: $982,888
    (15) Smucker Company: $904,977

Who came up with the agent orange recipe and produced it? Dow Chemical. #7.
    I guess I got off on the wrong foot here. Vaping-FDA food-FDA
    Bin this one if inappropriate. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.