Vaping Saved A Young Life In ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
I started smoking cigs when i was 8. I smoked a pack a day by the time i was 14. I wanted to quit by the time i was 16. I tried gum, patch, egos. Nothing worked, i couldnt stop. I started sub ohm vaping at 18 with a noisy cricket, and im 21 now with a plethora of mods, rdas, and probably a gallon total of different DIY flavorings. All the vape shop guys seem to look down on me cuz i started vaping young, and a few even outright dickishly blame "people like you" for vapings bad rap concerning children/teens and sweet flavors. ....em tho right?
I thank god every day that i discovered vaping. I may have only been 18, but those 10 years affected me without me even realizing. I can chase my dog a mile without dying for breath. I can smell my neighbors cooking. I am no longer an insomniac. Ive saved money. Ive saved my life!!! Ive heard older people litteraly say "ahh ive smoke for 43 years starting when i was 10 yrs old"
I am damn proud to say i wont be saying that. Im almost ready to stop vaping even. I began vaping at 6-8 mg ranging from 80 -100 watts. I moved to regulated mods and nic went to 6 mg at 100-120 watts. Now ive worked all the way down to 3-4mg between 35 -50 watts.
Vaping saved a young life in me yall.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
welcome and congrats on quitting :)
imo age doesn't matter if you managed to quit that's all that matters in the end !
although I don't see myself quitting vaping soon i'm still happy with myself for coming such a long way,and thats the greatest thing of all :D

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Congrats.

You should tell your story to the FDA:

Please read the the official FDA Document here BEFORE commenting so you know what is being asked: Regulations.gov

To post a comment, click the "Comment Now!" button in the upper right corner of the white area on the page.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats, that is fantastic! My husband started smoking around that age, and he has had a bear of a time. Of course, he didn't switch as young as you, but it still can be insanely hard, so congrats!

I didn't realize (all the) ways smoking was affecting me (some such as almost being dx with COPD were kind of unavoidable to acknowledge) but you are correct, and vaping just keeps getting better and better.

Good for you and welcome to ECF! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Anna

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I started smoking cigs when i was 8. I smoked a pack a day by the time i was 14. I wanted to quit by the time i was 16. I tried gum, patch, egos. Nothing worked, i couldnt stop. I started sub ohm vaping at 18 with a noisy cricket, and im 21 now with a plethora of mods, rdas, and probably a gallon total of different DIY flavorings. All the vape shop guys seem to look down on me cuz i started vaping young, and a few even outright dickishly blame "people like you" for vapings bad rap concerning children/teens and sweet flavors. ....em tho right?
I thank god every day that i discovered vaping. I may have only been 18, but those 10 years affected me without me even realizing. I can chase my dog a mile without dying for breath. I can smell my neighbors cooking. I am no longer an insomniac. Ive saved money. Ive saved my life!!! Ive heard older people litteraly say "ahh ive smoke for 43 years starting when i was 10 yrs old"
I am damn proud to say i wont be saying that. Im almost ready to stop vaping even. I began vaping at 6-8 mg ranging from 80 -100 watts. I moved to regulated mods and nic went to 6 mg at 100-120 watts. Now ive worked all the way down to 3-4mg between 35 -50 watts.

Good for you ! Congratulations !!!

Congrats.

Please read the the official FDA Document here BEFORE commenting so you know what is being asked: Regulations.gov

To post a comment, click the "Comment Now!" button in the upper right corner of the white area on the page.

^^ He is right :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    When I got sober in the early eighties it was a time of adjustment to an influx of much younger people coming into a mostly older people dominated groups. Took a few years for the adjustment to be comfortable along with talking about dual users.
    But it did happen and made sense quickly. Heck, AA used to be male only and that was probably a harder adjustment.
    Hang tough.

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
    If vaping had come along sooner, I wouldn’t be saying I smoked for over 35 years. My husband wouldn’t have, either, and he might still be alive today. I’m just glad it’s an option now, and good job quitting!
    Im sorry to hear that. Ive tried to get my parents to try it, and they like it, but that initial soaking in and coughing up years of mess is too much for my mom..
    I didn't realize (all the) ways smoking was affecting me (some such as almost being dx with COPD were kind of unavoidable to acknowledge) but you are correct, and vaping just keeps getting better and better.

Anna
    I developed a wheeze upon going to sleep, and a bad cough waking up. I love hiking and i couldnt anymore. A lot of things, that i knew someone as young and as fit as me (6'1 157lbs) just shouldnt be feeling

Vaping is one of the greatest inventions of the last 40 years with the potential to save billions of lives.
    Hon Lik should get the Nobel prize.
    To add -- vaping is no less than a reprieve from a death sentence.

Without the shadow of a doubt

Thanks yall for the great response

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
    When I got sober in the early eighties it was a time of adjustment to an influx of much younger people coming into a mostly older people dominated groups. Took a few years for the adjustment to be comfortable along with talking about dual users.
    But it did happen and made sense quickly. Heck, AA used to be male only and that was probably a harder adjustment.
    Hang tough.

Often ive been the young outsider, especially at work. Im a furniture manufacturing supervisor, and other supervisors used to noticeably shun me and work around me & older employees think they can walk on me. I dont let it bother me tho, and put my foot down when necessary. A lot have come around and seen that my age isnt as big a factor as my drive. I know its not AA & therapeutics.. But the adjustment to my entrance in such an "older dominated group" sounds similar.

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
    Congrats.

I shared a similat story, with a lot more added in terms of why and how i began smoking, and how the transition to vaping occurred. Also the benefits associated with vaping as opposed to smoking, and how i didnt even realize what cigs were doing to me until vaping reversed them so quickly i couldnt have NOT noticed. I shared my view of how flavoring of course impacted my decision (i mean duh i liked it) but anyone would find something they like. Its not fair to shut off oppurtunity to hundreds of millions of adults due to the 6-12 percent of kids that will inevitably do what they are not supposed to. I was that kid lol. I did also mention my personal concerns of SUCRALOSE being inhaled regarding the health of anyone of any age.
    I was purely honest. For better more than for worse definitely.
    However i have no professional studies or reseearch as it asked for a lot.. Only my voice/opinion/fact as part of the main subject of the study, "Youth & Young Adults" and the many ways lobbyist can demonize vaping using a picture that i fit.. It makes me uncomfortable honestly. Im not some kid puffing on a Juul in geometry class.
    Hell, id never even mix up something higher than 6Mg, and thats only for 2 or 3 people! They dont know me.. Or why/how i am who i am, or do what i do.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread