27356469_2093434840887335_8881287589187636581_o.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Did you see Blade Runner 2049?
I wish I saw it in the theaters rather than the new Star Wars movie.
Not yet. I'll see it when it hits Netflix or whatever.
Check out Electric Dreams on Amazon if you're a Phillip K. Dick fan.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Not vaping in the series as it's Peaky blinders which is set in the 20s post ww1 but this is Arthur having a vape between scenes.
I can't make out the device. Maybe a subtank with funky drip tip atop a k-box?? Don't know.
Really really good series. I'm not sure if it will be to you guys liking set in Birmingham UK but I think it's great. View attachment 684667
Awesome show. I've been binge watching all 4 seasons the past 2 weeks.
Not related but I saw that there's a new season of Bosch on Prime :thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It would be nice to "see" a romantic comedy where both of the lead stars vape.

I say "see" because I wouldn't actually watch it, I hate that type of movie. But, it would be nice generally. The FDA would probably require the actors to have prominent "Vaping may kill" stickers, though. With the villains, it's probably implied.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
New Netflix series Happy!
As per what seems to be the standard trope, a character is introduced as douche bag preceded by him announcing he is a vaper.

Blue - What the :censored: is that?!
Douche - Cherry vape, I'm quitting the old nic-sticks. I was starting to get lines around my mouth.

This got me thinking, what was the main promotional tool for smoking in the 20th century - films and TV.
How did they achieve this? By associating coolness with smoking. The tough, cool bad-... or edgy character were often smokers.
It's common knowledge that smoking destroys your health and then kills you, it tastes nasty and smells disgusting. So why to kids/people continue to start smoking in the first place? Because they think it looks cool.
In this context it doesn't surprise me that film and TV seems to be making a point of demonizing vaping.

XLqQRYZ.png

z0KhtCY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread