Vaping solutions for weeks in the woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobT26

May 12, 2009
Hey Everyone,

I've been vaping for about 5 years now, and I've played around with a few mods. I wound up settling on a Prodigy V3 mod awhile ago, lost it, and have been just using cheap KGO kits from the mall until I wind up picking up a new mod. I'm rather fond of the CE5 atomizers I've been getting from the mall, as they tend to last me 6-7 weeks until I need to replace the coil. As such I haven't been looking too hard at other options, having been pretty content with the cheap cost and decent experience I've been having.

However, in June I'm going to be working a job that requires me to be in the woods without consistent electricity for potentially days or weeks at a time. As the batteries I've been using cost ~$20, die in about 3 months of use, and only get me about a day of life per charge, I've decided it's time to find something new. I was hoping someone would have advice on a mod I could pick up that uses a standardized battery, something I can just buy in bulk online and charge up before heading to the field and get a day or two of life out of a charge. Something that is also compatible with rebuildable atomizers/tanks would be outstanding.

I'm sorry if these questions seem a bit basic, it's just that coming back here years later makes me realize how much things have changed. There are dozens of mods and companies I've never heard of, products and terms I don't recognize at all, and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Any help would be fantastic.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I'd say either a high mah portable power supply (they are rampant these days on Amazon). Some have solar charging options. Could charge it off a vehicle when available or if a generator will be running at any point?

These can't really charge Li-Ion cells afaik. They would be useful for USB based charging solutions (eGo style).

For Li-Ion cells I think the best bet is a car charger. Most chargers have the option for 12v, just need to buy a cord (some are included).

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
That job sounds like something I'd really enjoy as I love the outdoors. I've considered going on long duration pack trips and wondered about how to charge my batteries in just such a situation. There are a few options that would work depending on what you have available. The simplest would be a 12 volt charger if you have access to a vehicle. If not, then something along these lines should do the trick, 1 Watt Solar Power Pack, 5 Watt Foldable Solar Panel Charger. Both have USB connections so all you'd have to do is make sure you have a USB charger for your KGO. And for that length of time away from civilization I'd suggest you have a backup charger or two as well.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Amazon.com: mPower Mobile Power Bank External Battery Juice Pack with 2 USB Ports - 5000mAh - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

or similar... but they're good for about 5 days power vaping. The one I have - a Kensington - is about the size of a credit card and you can hook up a passthrough to it and put it in your pocket ;)

mini passthrough for the batt pack hookup:

http://www.litecigusa.net/Variable_Voltage_EgO_510_USB_Passthrough_p/ego-variable-pass.htm

Another possible - eGo-RS - 900mAh and has rechangeable 14500 batts where you could take 5 or 10 along with you:

http://www.trueman-ecig.com/eGo-RS-battery.html

replacement batts:
http://www.trueman-ecig.com/eGo-RS-Li-ion-battery.html

you'd need an eGo charger for the batteries (make sure it's an eGo charger not a 510 charger - your KGO charger should work - the eGo-RS can charge just like an eGo without having to have a separate 14500 battery charger.

The Kanger T3/Tabac BCC holds 3ml of ejuice, doesn't leak, good vapor and flavor and is the same diameter as an eGo, and comes with replaceable coils at 1.8, 2.2, and 2.6 ohms. The 2.2 would be good for most flavors and use less charge than the 1.8 and the 2.6 is too light for most flavors, imo.

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=478

replacement coils

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=479&categoryId=-1

But if you're talking weeks without - solar or other is needed.

Last edited:

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Detroit, Michigan, United States
That BioLite camp stove is an awesome idea and it’s a 2 to 5W output. Best of all it works at night. Also, cook some food and keep warm. (I want one now.) I would use that in conjunction with a battery pack with a USB output like Kent C suggested. You can recharge that too with the camp stove. A solar charger is not optimal. Are you going to have a nice sunny day? Are you going to be near a clearing to get enough sun? Are you going to be somewhere during the day to leave it to charge? That is an iffy solution IMO.

I would maybe go with the Zeus from V4L. A 900mAh battery should last a good while and it charges by USB. You can also use the USB port as a passthrough with the stove or the battery pack. I don’t own one of those yet but would like to soon. It's a nice little package.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread