Vaping starting to encroach on Big Tobacco’s financial terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
"The Juul, a wildly popular vape pen with twice the nicotine content of similar devices, is starting to encroach on Big tobacco’s financial terrain.
In a recent memo, Citigroup analysts warned investors that the device’s sales could have a negative impact on tobacco stocks such as Altria and British American tobacco."

The truth is starting to come to the surface. The trickle down is less MSA money.

The full article is blocked by a pay site but this will tell most of the story.

https://usaonlinejournal.com/2018/0...l-street-worried-about-tobacco-stocks-mo-pmi/

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most probably so. I was getting nervous for the Juul as I was reading news stories, including the one about congress members making desperate pleas about it.

If there's one thing I seem to be able to predict (sometimes) it's government behavior. If your grow up period includes having to "attack" a new culture (sometimes in immersion schools, gack, my parents were harsh on that one, we didn't even get warnings, we'd just get deposited with vague claims of returning to get us at some point. Well, it teaches you to "learn" a culture. Etc.

One main reason I got out of public mental health, from the moment I learned Tucson's "puny pathetic" dispenser of funds was going to get taken over in a bit of a hostile takeover, I was like, things will get worse (they did). Oh, illness played a role but so did many other things.

I hope the Juul makes it. It has legitimately helped a lot of smokers quit.

Teens, no POLITICANS ruining a good thing for everyone.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread