Vaping Use Prompts Trump Administration to Weigh Flavored E-Cigarettes Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
So Obama was presented with better information about vaping? Or that there was no one dying from it during his terms.. ? I'm so upset right now.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Looks like single-issue Trump/Republican voters just got Niemollerd.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
So Obama was presented with better information about vaping? Or that there was no one dying from it during his terms.. ? I'm so upset right now.

Nobody was dying from it then and nobody is dying from it now.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Pressure also began to mount as Michael R. Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York, decided to step in by announcing a $160 million push to ban flavored e-cigarettes. Long an opponent of traditional smoking, the former mayor said his organization, Bloomberg Philanthropies, would seek prohibitions of flavored e-cigarettes in at least 20 cities and states.

Sounds a lot like he wants to use a 501c3 organization for political purposes.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Secretary Azar is actually blaming the Obama administration for allowing "these products to go on to the market in an unregulated way, by delaying enforcement, in the hopes that people consuming combustible tobacco would transition to a less harmful nicotine delivery vehicle."
    It was originally allowed because the little thing called the free market. There may have been that hope -- and the data shows it was justified, which Azar leaves out.

Looked to me that Trump said we (they) need to take a close look ... and 2 seconds later Azar acts like the decision has already been made. Humm.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Read that statement again. I suspect it's somehow an error, either Mr. Azar put goofed or the reporting journalists did. ALL our vapes are considered "tobacco products" by the FDA.

Somehow, I don't think they're just going to go after flavored non-tobacco (cannabis?) vapes?
    There is no reason to think they will do any less then Michigan becomes first state to ban sales of flavored e-cigarettes.

She going after flavored nicotine products. For now until the state legislators writes the bill.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    Does make me wonder if the Chinese manufacturers are prepared to lose their biggest market.
    We need American retailers and Eliquid manufacturers to step their game up. If the Chinese manufacturers start a stink, Trump will just kill vaping even quicker.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Been doing that since the regs first dropped. Don’t forget to buy nic and juice making supplies.
    I'm out of luck because I live in a nursing home now and they don't allow diy here. I guess I could try to order supplies at my last address (it's a long story) and maybe diy there, if I can.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Secretary Azar is actually blaming the Obama administration for allowing "these products to go on to the market in an unregulated way, by delaying enforcement, in the hopes that people consuming combustible tobacco would transition to a less harmful nicotine delivery vehicle."
    That is of course incorrect. Under Obama's FDA, the PMTA dealine was August 8th, 2018. That's more than 13 months ago now. It was Trump's FDA that initiated the delay, first to August of 2022, but later they pulled the deadline for flavored products forward by one year to August of 2021.

Then a couple of months ago there was a court ruling that this delay was not proper because it didn't go through the correct regulatory process (notice of proposed rulemaking, public comment period, and so on); that they couldn't do that simply by issuing "guidance". This resulted in a decree/settlement that the new PMTA deadline for all products would be March 11, 2020.

Bottom line, we've been on borrowed time since August 8th, 2018. Does it really matter that much whether they ban flavored products in another month or two (after they issue new guidance and give 30 days notice) or whether it happens next March? Because next March, everything that doesn't have a PMTA submitted is banned, regardless whether it's a flavor that "appeals to children" or not.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I'm out of luck because I live in a nursing home now and they don't allow diy here. I guess I could try to order supplies at my last address (it's a long story) and maybe diy there, if I can.

Do you have friends or family that could mix for you? Do you have a recipe for what you like? I am sure some of us could mix for you, if you wanted.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
    Mar 29, 2009
    >blaming the Obama administration for allowing "these products to go on to the market in an unregulated way

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

This is not a problem of unregulated *vaping* products. This is a problem of unregulated cannabis, because if cannabis (ie. THC oil) was regulated, the teens would not have gotten it from the black market and vaped it in JUUL catridges.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, this ban will do absolutely nothing to prevent teens from doing this.

Right as I type this, the #1 headline article on CNN is about yet another case of vaping illness. Only about halfway into the article, after lots of sh*t-null-information, they say that

>Eventually, Adam said that he went from vaping over-the-counter e-liquids to vaping THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the main psychoactive component of marijuana. Adam would get the THC from "a friend" or dealer. Over time, Adam said that he developed shivers and couldn't control them. Then, the vomiting began.

But, congrats /s admin for a ban (which is a de-facto vaping ban) which punishes all "normal" vapers now and won't do anything to stop teens from getting THC etc. on the black market and vape it.

And congrats /s admin for ignoring this is a problem of THC products containing these substances and a problem of teens using vapes in ways they're not intended. But go ahead and ban strawberry, cherry and bubblegum vapes, this sure will solve the problem! /S

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Do you have friends or family that could mix for you? Do you have a recipe for what you like? I am sure some of us could mix for you, if you wanted.
    That's really kind. I could maybe just make simple one-flavoring juice, I think. The nicotine base is what worries me because I don't know if there's a working fridge or freezer there anymore.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    That's really kind. I could maybe just make simple one-flavoring juice, I think. The nicotine base is what worries me because I don't know if there's a working fridge or freezer there anymore.

I think you could send it to one of us if you trust anyone, lol. We could send one or two small bottles to you as needed. Might help to get the Nude Armor from Nude Nicotine since they package in the small bottles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread