Vaping with Mistic for 6 months, but I want to advance! Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, starting vaping with a e-cig kit that I purchased at Wal-Mart known as the mistic. I really honestly enjoy the experience even so much that a real cig doesn't compare. Even though I'm a huge fan of their black label taste, I do have a few disturbances. One being that the cartridges you buy are unpredictable. Sometimes you get the random one that has nothing in it, or it tastes really Burnt/metallic. I like consistency. I don't want to have to take a chance on how well my vaping experience is going to be today. So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy? I was looking into EGO but I'm not sure. I started googling and was flooded with different brands that I couldn't even understand lmao. I also want a more traditional tobacco flavor..maybe someday I will experiment with the others but right now I was something resembling more of a real cigarette. Also being able to customize seems to be pretty awesome of an idea. Any suggestions would be valued greatly. Thank You!!

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Glad your having success. Never tried mistic, but I am guessing its a stick battery type. An eGo type device is great, or a mini eGo. IF you want something resembling a cig, an 808 will do. You may also want to move from cartomizers/cartridges to clearomizers. The difference in flavor to me is really noticable.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
So your looking into an ego kit? If that's the case I'd recommend you take a look at this: Kanger eVod Kit - Black those also come in different colors. As far as tobacco e-liquid the only one I can semi-recommend is the Red Marlboro flavor from Hangsen but I'm not really into tobacco flavors so take that for what it's worth :laugh:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Kanger evod kit with ego style 650 battery, evod bottom coil. Or just the 650 battery and an evod if kits are sold out at discount vapers. I recommend liberty flights juice, (its hangsen flavors) USA red, mixed, and the gold and silver for cig taste. For a more full tobacco taste try the pipe tobaccos. Your nic will. Named to be reduced because the 650 & evod works a lot better than mystic cartos.

(Edit- looks like me and James were posting at same time)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most will agree that a variable voltage EGO battery setup with either clearomizers or cartomizers is a nice stepup from the cigalike batteries. The following link has pictures and videos of each item recommended.

An Ideal Starter's Setup

vivinovamini-twist.jpg

Alternatively, I'll also recommend the Innokin MVP. An all-in-one "mod" kit with built-in rechargeable battery that will last 2 - 3 days on a charge. Battery is powerful enough to charge your cell phone if needed. Classy looking and comfortable "box mod" that is built sturdy, does not look like something from a head shop, and is extremely pocket-friendly. Two versions available: MVP1 is variable voltage only; MVP2 has both variable voltage and variable wattage, and has built-in ohm meter to test the resistance of your juice attachments. Both kits come with either an iClear 30 or two iClear 16 clearomizers.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg
___

An enthusiastic welcome to the forum from another OHIO vapor! :thumbs: Originally from Kenton, Ohio myself. My brother works for Whirlpool in Marion.

Last edited:

broseph

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
okc
Hi, starting Vaping with a e-cig kit that I purchased at Wal-Mart known as the mistic. I really honestly enjoy the experience even so much that a real cig doesn't compare. Even though I'm a huge fan of their black label taste, I do have a few disturbances. One being that the cartridges you buy are unpredictable. Sometimes you get the random one that has nothing in it, or it tastes really Burnt/metallic. I like consistency. I don't want to have to take a chance on how well my vaping experience is going to be today. So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy? I was looking into EGO but I'm not sure. I started googling and was flooded with different brands that I couldn't even understand lmao. I also want a more traditional tobacco flavor..maybe someday I will experiment with the others but right now I was something resembling more of a real cigarette. Also being able to customize seems to be pretty awesome of an idea. Any suggestions would be valued greatly. Thank You!!

I would suggest walking into a brick & mortar store if there is one in your area. The ones near me are great for information, and I don't mind paying a bit more knowing that I can get any concerns or faulty products addressed by heading down the road a bit.

The ego batteries are a good step up, but you may also want to check out some advanced personal vaporizers. They can be a lot of fun for $50 - $100, if you're willing to spend that.

Tobacco flavors are plentiful, and you'll just have to experiment by ordering some or trying some out in a local store. For flavor though, I am very fond of the Smoktech DCT pyrex tanks. You'll probably want an AVP for those (I use an evic), but they are amazing on flavor.

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Hi, starting Vaping with a e-cig kit that I purchased at Wal-Mart known as the mistic. I really honestly enjoy the experience even so much that a real cig doesn't compare. Even though I'm a huge fan of their black label taste, I do have a few disturbances. One being that the cartridges you buy are unpredictable. Sometimes you get the random one that has nothing in it, or it tastes really Burnt/metallic. I like consistency. I don't want to have to take a chance on how well my vaping experience is going to be today. So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy? I was looking into EGO but I'm not sure. I started googling and was flooded with different brands that I couldn't even understand lmao. I also want a more traditional tobacco flavor..maybe someday I will experiment with the others but right now I was something resembling more of a real cigarette. Also being able to customize seems to be pretty awesome of an idea. Any suggestions would be valued greatly. Thank You!!

Welcome to the ECF neighborhood Christian,
The better half and I started with the Mistic, and yes sometimes the cartos were hit and miss. Though this forum, found that you could DIY and refill the cartos with your own selection of e-liquid. After a couple of weeks, and more info from here, we both made the step up to an eGo type start up kit. Both of us still have the Mistic kit in the car, as a backup to our back up. We found the Mistic cig a likes were great for those nights out with the analog smokers, looked like a cig and behaved like a cig. Ours had our own liquid in them, and they were great for a stepping stone to the eGo kits. The better half is still using her eGo set up like this:
Kanger eVod Kit - Red
and loving it. Easy to charge, fill and go for the day.
I have a similar set, but have gone on to add VV eGo batteries to my set, and lost access to the credit cards.....:facepalm:
really want to add an ITaste v 3.0 to my collection.......:blink:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
ego is but a stepping stone along the path of the quest for the ultimate vape. Do yourself a favor, unless you want to ask the same question again in a month, and get a Provari and a quality rba. At the minimum spend some time check out the reviews and comparisons of vv & vw devices. Not saying you have to get the Big P, there are many quality VV pvd's to be had, Just saying, check it all out first.

Well you and I are somewhat alike, I started out with a Blu Cigs starter kit that I received on my 18th birthday from my buddy. After a few weeks I got sick of running to walgreens to pay $16 for a 5 pack of "Magnificent Menthol" carts that tasted (almost) like the cigs I was used to (Newport Menthols). Some of my favorite analogs were Djarum Blacks, and because Blu doesn't sell clove flavor cartridges I started looking online for a new setup. Thats where I found Apollo Ecigs. I HIGHLY recommend their Superior eGo Kit. Use the discount code "iknowecigs" in checkout and you'll save 25% off, making your kit cost roughly $50. The kit comes with 2 CE4s, which are simple to use, and a 10ml bottle of liquid, and I would recommend either Classic Tobacco, RY4, or Sahara if you want that authentic tobacco taste.

Here's a link: Ego electronic cigarette

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Most people but certainly not all....find that the cigalike e-cigs just aren't satisfying enough to quit and stay off cigarettes. I tried a cigalike several years ago without success. I would suggest that you skip the cigarette look a likes and get some type of Variable Voltage battery, the ego C twist or Vision Spinner, both of these batteries will allow you to use a large selection of clearomizers ( juice delivery systems).
The Evod is very popular (bottom coil = cooler vape) as well as the Viva Nova (top coil = warmer vape). Nic juice is very subjective, so you may need to try out a few before you find your preferences, I would suggest that you purchase sample sizes in the beginning until you find your favorites. I have posted a link to a kit that is very popular: :)

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Kanger evod kit with ego style 650 battery, evod bottom coil. Or just the 650 battery and an evod if kits are sold out at discount vapers.
I'd recommend you take a look at this: Kanger eVod Kit - Black those also come in different colors.
In addition to the aforementioned Evod kit, which is an excellent starter kit, one might want to consider getting one or two of the Kanger Mini Protanks. They use the same coil heads as the Evods, so it's not something wildly different, and the glass tank would allow you to experiment with some of the tank-cracking flavors (flavors that don't play well with plastic, especially cinnamon and citrus flavors).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread