The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping With No Visible Vapor ?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by rico942, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    This question has been on my mind for awhile now ...

Being a stealth vaper by nature (I recognize that the disinformation campaign against vaping has reached urban legend status), I wonder about the possibility of inhaling nicotine with no visible vapor to trigger the hostile "smoker reflex" in bystanders ...

Is it possible to have a nicotine medium that vaporizes without any visible trace ? Something other than PG ?

Would it detract that much from the vaping experience, clear exhalations ? (Try vaping with your eyes closed ...)

Has this been discussed previously ? (I did search, didn't find anything exactly addressing "invisible" vaping, and I've only known about ECF for a few months ...)

Really curious about this ... :confused:

2. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Well, they DO sell those nicotine inhalers, but they're really not "vaping", and they taste like crap (IMO).

3. minitater

minitater Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    tennessee
    If you take small puffs and hold it for a few seconds that seems to eliminate any vapors. If works for me in movie
    theaters.
    wt

4. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    Vape any juice. Alternate inhale: mouth, nose, mouth, nose. Hold breath. Look Ma, no clouds.

5. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    Just hold it in. I do this often. many small little draws. Sometimes I over draw and a little puff comes out. It does take practice, yet it is not that hard. A higher PG level might help if needed.

6. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    I do the stealth vape technique well enough that I haven't been caught yet, no problem with that. My hand is big enough to completely conceal an eRoll or Elips, it just looks like I'm putting my hand to my face ...

But imagine a juice that produced no visible vapor at all, so nothing for anyone to complain about ...

Would it detract from the vaping "experience" ? Is that a fair trade-off for complete discretion and no confrontations ?

Does 100 percent PG juice do this, or is there some other delivery medium that does ?

7. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    I vape 100% PG when tuning coils. Inhaled PG vapor disappears quick if do the mouth, nose, hold breath routine.

8. TheJakeBailey

TheJakeBailey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Austin,TX, USA
    It would definitely diminish the experience for me, and I think for a lot of people. I'm by no means a cloud chaser, but there is something really satisfying about the visible exhale. Otherwise I may as well just get the patch. ;)

9. John_

John_ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

For me, part of why I like vaping is blowing out the giant clouds. I've had a couple friends that smoke hookah and I made bigger clouds than them, not a reason to get into vaping, it's just part of why I enjoy it. (well that and it tastes really good) :) If you're trying to vape with no visible vapor, use a 100% pg juice, take small inhales from your device, and then inhale for as long as you can without the device, hold it in for a couple seconds, and then exhale a little bit, inhale some more, exhale a little bit, nothing visible should be coming out.

10. BernieVideo

BernieVideo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    The product is called the . Nicatrol Inhaler I used these a long time ago to quit smoking. My insurance covered them.
    I was going to go the same way this time, but my insurance no longer covers them, and it is crazy expensive. And yes, they taste bad, like analogs do. No vapor.

11. TRoxx

TRoxx Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2013
    NY
    Perhaps you could use your eliquids.. like nose drops instead?
    Your nostrils will absorb and atomize the fluids naturally...and no one would be offended!

12. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    I totally agree, and at home I enjoy the high VG juices and making "vapor rings" ...

But out in public, it would be cool to be able to get a nicotine hit anywhere, anytime, with no concern about a verbal assualt by a brittle and hostile observer intent on raising the "smoke alarm" ...

No vapor, just exhaled breath. Nothing to see here, folks, move along ...

13. Amish Ed

Amish Ed Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Lake Forest, CA
    Get an old 510 attie/cartridge combo and don't mod it. No vapor there. And yes, for me not blowing out vapor diminishes the experience considerably.

14. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    Funny. Back in the day we only got visible vapor when weather conditions were favorable.

15. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    New York
    If your present atty allows, just turn the air hole completely away from the coil, and you are guaranteed to get a major throat hit, and almost no vapor. If you have a AFC on your atty, close it, it will produce the same result.

16. jdg

jdg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Eastern South Dakota
    Holy crap, that worked. How did you discover this?

17. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    Few years back someone discovered the mouth inhale-nose in => less vapor exhale.
    I expanded it to mouth in-nose in-mouth in-nose in-mouth in-nose in-hold breath-nose in => zero vapor exhale

That's when every body knew I had finally lost it:)

18. Anjaffm

Anjaffm Dragon Lady ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    wonderful advice, thank you! :)

19. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

You should be proud oF your vape. Blow clouds in people's faces, tell them it isn't smoke and doesn't look like smoke. That's the only way the ANTS will come to understand and accept vaping...

20. volume control

volume control Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    I got some 100% PG once and was amazed, you blow out almost nothing. I imagine if you hold it in for 4 or 5 seconds it would definitely result in no visible vapor, as it doesn't take much longer than that with my 50/50. I don't do anything fancy, just hold my breath for a little bit and clean exhale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.