Vapor Aerosol dissipates faster than smoke from cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018
I just saw an article from the daily mail about a study that was conducted to show how fast vapor aerosol dissipates into nothing and returns the particle concentration of the room back to normal levels in seconds.

I was really happy to see this article but at the same time, I was sad to see it from the UK and the study done in Lithuania. As a US citizen and resident, I've noticed that non-vapers don't really care about a research study or report unless its from the states. Which sucks because of reports like this one. While it's not super pertinent, a move in the positive direction is still a move!

I fear this article and report is going to get swept under the rug as fast as it came here.

• Informative
Reactions: LaraC

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
  • Informative
Reactions: LaraC

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018
"The new research comes as part of a collaboration between Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania, the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, ETH Zurich, and Fontem Ventures."

Fontem Ventures is a vape company.

Here is a link to the study. Characterization of the Spatial and Temporal Dispersion Differences Between Exhaled E-Cigarette Mist and Cigarette Smoke | Nicotine & Tobacco Research | Oxford Academic
Thank you. I was looking for the study but couldn't find it anywhere. and that makes a little more sense why I saw so much backlash from commentors on the daily mail article.

Reactions: Jebbn

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Thank you. I was looking for the study but couldn't find it anywhere. and that makes a little more sense why I saw so much backlash from commentors on the daily mail article.
I dont think it makes the results any less relevant or interesting.

Some of those comments didnt seem like they were coming from your average person. A lot of them seemed a bit troll farm like. Too many too concerned and too "outraged" about something that most people would not care about enough to respond to.

• Agree
Reactions: JimBob Smith

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018
I dont think it makes the results any less relevant or interesting.

Some of those comments didnt seem like they were coming from your average person. A lot of them seemed a bit troll farm like. Too many too concerned and too "outraged" about something that most people would not care about enough to respond to.
I agree, but what bothers me is they are the ones commenting. So when people read this article and look at the comments, that mob mentality kicks in and people who aren't normally outraged by this, may get outraged. It's all about changing the perception of vaping and if people comment like that, other people will believe that's how they are supposed to react to papers like this.

I try to discount trolls but I don't like how the naive viewer will not see through the veil and take their comments as consensus. Then the consensus will spread, spreading false information.

• Agree
Reactions: Jebbn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread