• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapor burning throat but tastes fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVape

Jun 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me please,

I keep burning my throat when vaping, the taste is fine (no burnt taste) so I think my coil is fine, I have even changed it straight after once to see if it was the coil, but I am getting a horrible throat hit every time, not a coughing type but more of a sore type (if that makes any sense)

I tried changing my watts down from 29 to 23 but still no change, and I have changed my voltage down from 6.8 to 3 and still not really much difference!!

Also when I blow on the vape (rather than inhale) the smoke smells really bad, not really like burnt but just not a nice smell, I am wondering if I just need a whole new device, but I only bought this one 2 months ago.

I always prep my coils but I am wondering if I put too much ejuice in. My coils are 0.5 Ohm so I can go up to 30 watts I think with that.

I put in 5 drops, leave for 2 mins, then screw the tank on, leave for 5 - 10 mins, blow in the vape while holding the button to clean out the coil a few short times, and then vape... I have never had a problem doing it this way before, it has always tasted fine until the last few weeks... I use 3mg Nicotine ejuices so I do not think it is that...

Any advice would be appreciated!! :)

Thanks

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me please,

I keep burning my throat when vaping, the taste is fine (no burnt taste) so I think my coil is fine, I have even changed it straight after once to see if it was the coil, but I am getting a horrible throat hit every time, not a coughing type but more of a sore type (if that makes any sense)

I tried changing my watts down from 29 to 23 but still no change, and I have changed my voltage down from 6.8 to 3 and still not really much difference!!

Also when I blow on the vape (rather than inhale) the smoke smells really bad, not really like burnt but just not a nice smell, I am wondering if I just need a whole new device, but I only bought this one 2 months ago.

I always prep my coils but I am wondering if I put too much ejuice in. My coils are 0.5 Ohm so I can go up to 30 watts I think with that.

I put in 5 drops, leave for 2 mins, then screw the tank on, leave for 5 - 10 mins, blow in the vape while holding the button to clean out the coil a few short times, and then vape... I have never had a problem doing it this way before, it has always tasted fine until the last few weeks... I use 3mg Nicotine ejuices so I do not think it is that...

Any advice would be appreciated!! :)

Thanks
Hi, i think you may get better help if you mention what brand/sort of juice you are using ! After reading your post though, i don`t think it will be the nicotine giving you a problem at 3mg, however too high a percentage of PG will burn your throat, as it`s the PG what gives the throat `HIT`.

Report back on the brand and PG/VG percentages, and i`m sure you will get a lot more feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread