Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The authentic Vapor Flask dna-30 sells for about $300 ... It may be a nice mod, but I'm just not going to pay 300 bucks for a VW battery mod.

Now I see that it has been cloned by our 'comrades' over in China. In fact, it looks like there are many Chinese companies manufacturing this Vapor Flask clone:

Vaporflask V2 Clone Mod Supplier, Find Best Vaporflask V2 Clone Mod Supplier on Alibaba.com

But, of course, if you open that link, these clones are for purchase by vendors that want to buy this Vapor Flask clone in large quantities for the purpose of resale.

Question: Where do you find a vendor that sells just 1 of these? .... Certainly somebody out there is buying them in bulk from one of those Chinese companies shown on the Alibaba website, and reselling them to the public ... but I can't find any.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
All of the pictures on Alibaba are of the VF V1. The V1 does not have user serviceable batteries like the V2. I'm not sure I'd trust whatever junk 18650s the cloners are putting in the sealed V1 clones.

But, to address your question, I haven't seen any VF clones hit any resellers. You can be sure that once they are available Fasttech will have them.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The V1 does not have user serviceable batteries like the V2. I'm not sure I'd trust whatever junk 18650s the cloners are putting in the sealed V1 clones.

I agree with you on not buying a clone with sealed Chinese batteries ... But I would consider buying the V2 clone that takes user replaceable batteries.

BensJamming

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
Peshtigo, WI
I actually think I seen one of these at a local store here. Believe the manufacturer was Atmos or something like that and remember it was around $134.99 I believe. The design really caught my eye when I stopped in there the other day thinking it would fit in a pocket good with its curved shape. Didnt look any specs or anything on it though since it was in case but will be returning there to check it out more.

kNOT1

Sep 24, 2014
there is no clone for the dna 40 chip yet so there cant really be a vaporflask v2 clone yet... as Ive read from that discussion that was posted with evolv... the day they announced the dna 40 ... there was a announcement that "they" aka "china" will have clones ready by december... I agree this is a sexy mod... and I would love to support an US manufacturer, (both for the body and chips,) much more than counterfeiters... but $300 is extremely steep. I mean... come on, really? and yes, locked in chinese batteries on a mod is a no go... anyways youll have to wait.

massbass22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Springfield,MA USA
there is no clone for the dna 40 chip yet so there cant really be a vaporflask v2 clone yet... as Ive read from that discussion that was posted with evolv... the day they announced the dna 40 ... there was a announcement that "they" aka "china" will have clones ready by december... I agree this is a sexy mod... and I would love to support an US manufacturer, (both for the body and chips,) much more than counterfeiters... but $300 is extremely steep. I mean... come on, really? and yes, locked in chinese batteries on a mod is a no go... anyways youll have to wait.

Not entirely accurate. The v2 was out before the dna40. It had some improvements but still had a dna30 in it. Just don't want anyone confused when trying to buy one because you could in fact find a vaporflask v2 and be all excited only to find out a dna30 was inside.

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread