Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
The true V2 clone is currently in production, and the DNA40 has nothing to do with it. The original Vapor Flask V2 was a dna 30, and I expect the clone to be as well .. I don't want anything to do with a dna 40 clone chip.

Couldn't agree more. A dna 40 clone chip is just asking for trouble.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I went ahead and ordered one. I hope it will look as good as pictured worthy of an EVOLV DNA 40 transplant. It will be here in 30 days or.

Hmm, I wonder if this really does come with the Sony cells. That would be a much better deal than the FT version. I'm skeptical though...vendor says it will be released on Jan. 10.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
Anyone ever bought from 3FVape? The facebook page looks like it was just set up.

I ordered 2 RTA's and the Vapor Flask V2 a couple of weeks ago. The Vapor Flask seems to have been held up on the manufacturer's side, per 3FVape's customer service, but after contacting me and informing me of this, they gave me 3 options.

Per the email:
Here we offer you several choices upon on your decision:
1) We send a black DNA35(7-35W) with the other two items to you, and refund you $9(you used a 10% coupon). The order can be shipped out immediately after we get your confirm.
2) We send the other two items to you, and send a DNA40 to you next week, with a mysterious gift from us.
3) We send the other two items to you and refund you for the DNA40. And you can re-order the DNA40 later.

I chose option 2, so they went ahead and shipped the 2 RTAs, upgrading the shipping method from Air Mail to ePacket, which is supposedly faster. Still waiting on the Vapor Flask to ship, but I'm not too worried at this point, just figure it's just the price for doing business with China.

I will say that the majority of my business to China still goes to FT; been dealing them for a few months, and they've always been responsive to any issues I've had, which haven't been many. And their time estimates on getting stuff in stock are the most accurate I've seen from the various China e-cig companies I've ordered from; some of them are kind of a crap shoot. But I figured I'd try out 3FVape to see how they are; they're regulated mod prices are some of the best I've seen.

Last edited:

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
1) We send a black DNA35(7-35W)
there is not now, nor has there ever been a chipset called "DNA35" from Evolv - this is just some Chinese silliness shenanigans.

here are the only genuine Evolv chipsets over the years:

DNA 40
DNA 30D
DNA 20D
DNA 12
The Kick
The Kick2
The Darwin (retired)

Last edited:

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
there is not now, nor has there ever been a chipset called "DNA35" from Evolv - this is just some Chinese silliness shenanigans.

DNA 40
DNA 30D
DNA 20D
DNA 12
The Kick
The Kick2
The Darwin (retired)
Well of course it's a clone, was there any doubt?

~ regurgitated from my infernal interruption device

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Still have to add the cost of DNA 40 board + your time involved in installing it - that is just getting too close to the price of the VS - and no warranty

Yes, I wish someone would just sell a vapor flask type enclosure. Seems the only enclosures you can get to put a 40 in are the Hana's.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I would be happy if they made a good quality Vapor Flask clone that had the 30 watt YiHi SX130 chipset as found in the 50 dollar iPV Mini.

I only vape using a Kayfun Lite with a 1.5 - 2.0 ohm single coil and feeding it 10.5 watts anyway.

I just like the style of the Vapor Flask, but I am not going to pay 300 bucks for a device just for the looks.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA

DNA 40
DNA 30D
DNA 20D
DNA 12
The Kick
The Kick2
The Darwin (retired)

No crap. I don't have to sell my kids, or wait at the computer just to lose an f5 contest for one.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I bit the bullet and ordered from 3fvape. They confirmed that it works with TP mode and ni200 builds, we'll see...

I'm on the fence about ordering this and dropping a real DNA40 board in it...I'm just not so sure about 3FVape. Have you received any communication from them that leads you to believe they are legit? Evkoo had them listed for pre-order and then pulled their page and refunded people their money.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
The authentic Vapor Flask DNA-30 sells for about $300 ... It may be a nice mod, but I'm just not going to pay 300 bucks for a VW battery mod.

Now I see that it has been cloned by our 'comrades' over in China. In fact, it looks like there are many Chinese companies manufacturing this Vapor Flask clone:

Vaporflask V2 Clone Mod Supplier, Find Best Vaporflask V2 Clone Mod Supplier on Alibaba.com

But, of course, if you open that link, these clones are for purchase by vendors that want to buy this Vapor Flask clone in large quantities for the purpose of resale.

Question: Where do you find a vendor that sells just 1 of these? .... Certainly somebody out there is buying them in bulk from one of those Chinese companies shown on the Alibaba website, and reselling them to the public ... but I can't find any.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Vapor Range | Infinite Flask V2 Clone 30W 30 Watt Variable Box Mod - Variable Voltage Your Online Vape Store for Mechanical Mods , Rebuildable Dripper RBA's RDA's , and Juice

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
I'm on the fence about ordering this and dropping a real DNA40 board in it...I'm just not so sure about 3FVape. Have you received any communication from them that leads you to believe they are legit? Evkoo had them listed for pre-order and then pulled their page and refunded people their money.

I just received an email from them today, they only received black and silver clones for now. But they do not have usb charging, which I don't mind. And the 510 connector is definitely not SS, looks like copper or brass. I asked if the 510 is spring loaded and am awaiting response. They also claim that the TP mode is working. I would have been fine with everything but the 510 connector being a softer metal may be a deal breaker if it isn't spring loaded.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I just received an email from them today, they only received black and silver clones for now. But they do not have usb charging, which I don't mind. And the 510 connector is definitely not SS, looks like copper or brass. I asked if the 510 is spring loaded and am awaiting response. They also claim that the TP mode is working. I would have been fine with everything but the 510 connector being a softer metal may be a deal breaker if it isn't spring loaded.

Interesting about the USB. Is the port still there but only for upgrades? I wouldn't mind too much since I'll just plop an Evolv charger in there so long as there is actually a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread