Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I just received an email from them today, they only received black and silver clones for now. But they do not have usb charging, which I don't mind. And the 510 connector is definitely not SS, looks like copper or brass. I asked if the 510 is spring loaded and am awaiting response. They also claim that the TP mode is working. I would have been fine with everything but the 510 connector being a softer metal may be a deal breaker if it isn't spring loaded.

Surprised to Hear it lacks the USB charging port. I had convinced myself that the one 3fvape is hawking was the one pictured in the Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au372QYk8cE.

That one clearly has the usb port.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I just received an email from them today, they only received black and silver clones for now. But they do not have usb charging, which I don't mind. And the 510 connector is definitely not SS, looks like copper or brass. I asked if the 510 is spring loaded and am awaiting response. They also claim that the TP mode is working. I would have been fine with everything but the 510 connector being a softer metal may be a deal breaker if it isn't spring loaded.

Guess your right because when I checked 3fvape for the black one I had in my cart (but was holding off on buying till I checked for more information on how reputable 3fvape was), the description in my cart had changed to no usb charging and was suddenly out of stock. Looks like I blew it and the 10% off being cautious.

$61.69 was just looking too good to be true for a Black DNA40 Vapor Flask Clone w/ free shipping. I was figuring that even if it crapped out, it looked like a decent case to put a real chip in.

I just didn't trust 3fvape because I had never heard of them, because the site looks to have just started up, Their Facebook page seems to have started December 11, I couldn't find any reviews of the site, & I'm so used to fastech's return policy that I guess I'm spoiled.

I Look forward to hearing what I missed out on & seeing pics & reviews after you receive it!

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

I know the original listing had both usb charging on it and and a s/s adjustable 510. There were pics showing the usb charging port but all have been edited out of the listing now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 510 as it is easy enough to put a replacement one in there later.

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Guess your right because when I checked 3fvape for the black one I had in my cart (but was holding off on buying till I checked for more information on how reputable 3fvape was), the description in my cart had changed to no usb charging and was suddenly out of stock. Looks like I blew it and the 10% off being cautious.

$61.69 was just looking too good to be true for a Black DNA40 Vapor Flask Clone w/ free shipping. I was figuring that even if it crapped out, it looked like a decent case to put a real chip in.

I just didn't trust 3fvape because I had never heard of them, because the site looks to have just started up, Their Facebook page seems to have started December 11, I couldn't find any reviews of the site, & I'm so used to Fastech's return policy that I guess I'm spoiled.

I Look forward to hearing what I missed out on & seeing pics & reviews after you receive it!

Interesting...all of these suspect China dealers are ending their listings for this. First Evkoo and now 3FVAPE...I wonder what is going on. I really only want the body to put a legit DNA40 board in. I guess I'll have to settle for a Hana clone box.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I think what's going on is that the cloners cloned Evolv's original chip design exactly -- right down to the problems that forced the warranty replacements. They now have to get a hold of the working units and clone them & it is just taking a little longer than they anticipated to work out the same bugs that Evolv had to in the original design.

If you are only interested in the case they do supposedly have this 30W Vapor Flask at 3fvapes Vapor Flask S2 Style 0.69" OLED Variable Wattage Box Mod, Black, Aluminum, 2 x 18650, 7~30W - 3FVape for $65.80 & with the 10% off w/ free ship your cost would be $59.22. It says it is not out of stock & retains the specification for the USB Charging.

That is cheaper than Fasttech's http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011438/2055201-vapor-flask-v2-style-7-30w-variable-wattage-vw at $64.48 & Using XMAS14 5%off Coupon brings you to $61.26.

I think I was just hoping beyond hope that I could order the dna 40 clone & it might actually work right & if it didn't, then I would fall back on Picking up an Evolve DNA 40 chip off Fleabay for $60.

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I think what's going on is that the cloners cloned evolve's original chip design exactly -- right down to the problems that forced the warrant replacements. They now have to get a hold of the working units and clone them & it is just taking a little longer than they anticipated to work out the same bugs that Evolve had to in the original design.

If you are only interested in the case they do supposedly have this 30W Vapor Flask at 3fvapes Vapor Flask S2 Style 0.69" OLED Variable Wattage Box Mod, Black, Aluminum, 2 x 18650, 7~30W - 3FVapefor $65.80 & with the 10% off w/ free ship your cost would be $59.22.

Thanks. I'm really looking for the version with the Vapor Flask DNA40 510 with the single air channel. The version you linked to and the one on FT have the four air channel 510 toppers. This one in particular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au372QYk8cE

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I don't know who is manufacturing either the 3fvapes or the Fasttech versions but both of them really resemble the Infinite Version which is really starting to get pretty good reviews. Here is one here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG00rDBrw7k

Looks like you really wouldn't be doing too bad with the infinite one, but hear some of the others aren't as good.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks. I'm really looking for the version with the Vapor Flask DNA40 510 with the single air channel. The version you linked to and the one on FT have the four air channel 510 toppers. This one in particular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au372QYk8cE

I agree completely regarding the 510, Especially if it has the engraving at the base. That case in that video looks great & is exactly why I was interested in the one from 3fvapes.

Without feedback on what is actually being received, guess it will be worth holding off a little while longer to see what actually comes out.

If that kid has it in his hands in that video, we'll have it in ours soon enough. I'm just suffering badly from DNA 40 ENVY right now & the wait is killing me!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Interesting...all of these suspect China dealers are ending their listings for this. First Evkoo and now 3FVAPE...I wonder what is going on. I really only want the body to put a legit DNA40 board in. I guess I'll have to settle for a Hana clone box.

If I were you I would hold off. The Hana just doesn't do it for me. I want both batteries, a screen I can see while I'm vaping, & its a nice looking clone.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

I just Skype Messaged the Guy in that Video for more information on the product & availability. If he gets back to me I'll forward his info to FastTech on a product request & let you know what he sends me.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
3fvape emailed a response to the inquiry I left with customer service regarding the sudden out of stock Listing on the Item: Vapor Flask DNA40 Style 0.69" LCD 510 Variable Wattage Mod - Black, Aluminum, 2 x 18650, NO USB CHARGING - 3FVape (keep in mind this link points to an edited version of the original listing).

We found that the cloned one has no USB charging so we stop selling the products.

We relisted the products here with new specification:
VAPOR FLASK DNA40 STYLE 510 VARIABLE WATTAGE MOD - Black, ALUMINUM Alloy, 2 X 18650, NO USB CHARGING - 3FVape
VAPOR FLASK DNA40 STYLE 510 VARIABLE WATTAGE MOD - SILVER, ALUMINUM Alloy, 2 X 18650, NO USB CHARGING - 3FVape

They are in stock and will be shipped 2-4 business days upon payment.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
that's strange, they replace units with "no USB charging" for different units with "no USB charging" or am I missing something? I would have ordered one of the newer ones this morn but, NO usb charging is a deal breaker I think...

No they edited the original listing after they received the others to eliminate the spec for usb charging & deleted the pics showing the port on the original listing, Then they cancelled it all together & relisted as a new item w/ Picture of actual unit.

Perhaps they did this to avoid being blamed for bait & switch tactics. Maybe they just had a supplier fail to deliver & got them from someone else at the last minute to cover the shortfall. Who knows?

I think swapping out the batteries for fresh ones isn't too tough rather than use an on board usb for hours interfering with your free use of the mod, I just like the newer s/s topper on the 510 with the 1st version & it has the USB charger as well.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
This looks like the 40 Thieves page for the original ones 3fvape was hawking: 2015 Newest Dna 40 E Cigarette Mod 1:1 Clone Vapor Flask Clone - Buy High Quality Vapor Flask Clone,1:1 Clone Vapor Flask Clone,2015 Newest Dna 40 E Cigarette Mod Product on Alibaba.com.

I think it looks like the one in the video as well. Your thoughts?

If everyone else concurs, perhaps were should start hitting FastTech with product requests?

I cancelled my order with 3fvape, no usb is fine with me. But the copper connection and lack of spring loaded positive pin is deal breaker for me.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I cancelled my order with 3fvape, no usb is fine with me. But the copper connection and lack of spring loaded positive pin is deal breaker for me.

I was sort of counting on you for some quality feedback about the DNA40 clone chip but I cant say as I blame you. I don't think it would be tough to get a spring loaded pin & swap it out. It really was disappointing that they did the last minute product switch we all expected

The 40 Thieves listing is encouraging for the future though. These ought to be on FastTech in no time.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

Actually, that unit that 3f was selling actually looks to be the Ecig version & the spec on that one appears to have a spring loaded brass contact below the copper 510 topper.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
They had told via email that the 510 is a screw adjusted.

Ok, yeah I had the wrong one, Here is supplier page for that unit they got in.Big Discount!!vapllife 2015 Newest Ecig Temperature Control Vaporflask V3 Mod Wholesale Vaporflask V2 Clone Temperature Control - Buy Big Discount!!vapllife 2015 Newest Ecig Temperature Control Vaporflask V3 Mod,2015 Alibaba Latest Clone Vapor Flask Definitely a screw adjusted 510. Sorry. & here I was all prod of myself for finding the clones Dna 40 Chips specs. They are probably wrong too! V3 DNA Clone Specs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread