Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
DNA40 Chinese Clone Chip Spec: xomf - the simpler image sharer

If Evolv have had problems with the original 40's then god knows what the clones will be like.

I've only ever purchased clones with chinese dna copies so I can swap them out with genuine chips - it's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
If Evolv have had problems with the original 40's then god knows what the clones will be like.

I've only ever purchased clones with chinese dna copies so I can swap them out with genuine chips - it's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

That is what we are all gonna do. I think the point of the specs is that it appears they are cloning the Evolve Chip Specifications. These specs were derived fom units now being sold. How well they cloned it remains to be seen.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Fleabay Listings are popping up now selling pre-orders for the V3 DNA40 TC 1:1 Clone. Those Pre-Orders are advertising Release dates between Jan 28 & Feb 10!

hywbv.png
wgkql.png

Vapor Flask V3 dna 40 TC 1:1 clone Featuring Temperature Control
6061 Aluminum Construction
Revised Stainless Steel 510 Connector
Spring-Loaded Brass Contact
Top Mounted LCD Display
Custom Milled Aluminum Buttons
Ergonomic Design
Micro USB Charger
Pass-Through Capability
Serialized
22mm Profile
Power Regulated Digital Switch-Mode DC-DC Converter
Utilizes a Small OLED Screen
Variable Wattage Device
Temperature Protection
Preheat
Step Up/Step Down Topology
Synchronous Rectification for Maximum Battery Life and Minimal Heat Generation
Temperature Control Mode: Adjustable 200-600 Degrees Fahrenheit
Atomizer Resistance, Temperature Sensing Wire, Cold: 0.10 Ohm Min (0.4 Ohm Typical) up to 1.0 Ohm Max
Atomizer Resistance, Standard Wire: 0.16 Ohm Min (0.7 Ohm Typical) up to 2.0 Ohms Max
Output Power: 1~40 Watts
Output Voltage: 1~9.0 Volts
Output Current: 16.0 Amps Max
Input Voltage: 3.1~4.3 Volts
Input Current: 0.5~16 Amps
Low voltage protection
Short Circuit Protection
Dual Sony VTC 5 (2600 mAh each)

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Fleabay Listings are popping up now selling pre-orders for the V3 DNA40 TC 1:1 Clone. Those Pre-Orders are advertising Release dates between Jan 28 & Feb 10!

hywbv.png
wgkql.png

Vapor Flask V3 DNA 40 TC 1:1 clone Featuring Temperature Control
6061 Aluminum Construction
Revised Stainless Steel 510 Connector
Spring-Loaded Brass Contact
Top Mounted LCD Display
Custom Milled Aluminum Buttons
Ergonomic Design
Micro USB Charger
Pass-Through Capability
Serialized
22mm Profile
Power Regulated Digital Switch-Mode DC-DC Converter
Utilizes a Small OLED Screen
Variable Wattage Device
Temperature Protection
Preheat
Step Up/Step Down Topology
Synchronous Rectification for Maximum Battery Life and Minimal Heat Generation
Temperature Control Mode: Adjustable 200-600 Degrees Fahrenheit
Atomizer Resistance, Temperature Sensing Wire, Cold: 0.10 Ohm Min (0.4 Ohm Typical) up to 1.0 Ohm Max
Atomizer Resistance, Standard Wire: 0.16 Ohm Min (0.7 Ohm Typical) up to 2.0 Ohms Max
Output Power: 1~40 Watts
Output Voltage: 1~9.0 Volts
Output Current: 16.0 Amps Max
Input Voltage: 3.1~4.3 Volts
Input Current: 0.5~16 Amps
Low voltage protection
Short Circuit Protection
Dual Sony VTC 5 (2600 mAh each)

Too bad the pricing is way out of whack! I'll wait for a better deal from FT.:)

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Too bad the pricing is way out of whack! I'll wait for a better deal from FT.:)

Yeah same here. the 40 Thieves listing had a wholesale pricepoint of $58.00US/set 10 Set/Set so FastTech ought to be able to offer them for under $65.00 ea with their buying power. The only problem is I believe for some reason they will get greedy. They wanted over $109 for my Sigelei 100w box mod and I got it for $79.00 on ebay w/ free shipping. FT is still asking $87.91 for that all this time later.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
China may well turn out a reasonable 1:1 clone of the Vapor Flask or Vapor Shark this year, as far as the casing etc. - but you can forget about a clone of the DNA40 chip and its software with any kind of the performance you expect, there is just too much encrypted circuitry and programming in a DNA 40.

There is a reason that Chinese maker Innokin is buying millions of genuine Evolv DNA boards and not a putting out a clone or using one, it's because not even the largest e-cigarette maker in the world, with their huge R&D budget, can figure out how to copy the DNA circuitry and software!

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
China may well turn out a reasonable 1:1 clone of the Vapor Flask or Vapor Shark this year, as far as the casing etc. - but you can forget about a clone of the DNA40 chip and its software with any kind of the performance you expect, there is just too much encrypted circuitry and programming in a DNA 40.

There is a reason that Chinese maker Innokin is buying millions of genuine Evolv DNA boards and not a putting out a clone or using one, it's because not even the largest e-cigarette maker in the world, with their huge R&D budget, can figure out how to copy the DNA circuitry and software!

Many of us looking at this are going to be putting a legitimate DNA40 board in it anyway...I doubt anyone is expecting Evolv quality from the stock board. As for Innokin, I seriously doubt they couldn't come up with their own version of the DNA40. Rather than any technical limitations of their engineering team, Innokin's decision to use genuine Evolv product is more likely due to the fact that they are a global leader in ecigs and they have made a decision to respect Evolv's patents.

Last edited:

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO

Where did you hear about this encryption?

lol -- Is evolv really selling the encrypted hardware and programimng snake oil??

There is no magic encryption in the atmega32 bud (you know thats the $1 (in bulk) 8 bit microcontroller running the dna40 and tons of arduino boards) There are lock bits but these are relatively easy to overcome -- the reason why china doesn't steal their firmware is that its easier to make future modifications if you built it using a high level language like C rather then dealing with the machine language in the microcontroller. And there is really nothing that complicated with the idea of controlling the temp of nickel wire... It just takes a little time to work out the hysteresis issues

I agree evolv innovated a pretty cool solution with temp control, but its only going to be a very short time before others do the same thing,
As far as there being anything fancy with the circuitry running the board thats crazy, the heart and soul of it powered with a $1 microcontroller.
And don't fool yourself -- china churns out its share of code -- in my opionion they are using evolv boards because they buy in such bulk that they get them for next to nothing -- it's better to supply at a slim margin than be cut out of the market ....

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA

This is a lie and in a matter of weeks it will be proven.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Just got a reply from Mandy at FastTech regarding my Product request form thanking me for providing the information on the Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 TC 1:1 clone w/ Temperature Control saying they will list this item their site in a few days.

Great news! Thanks for the heads up!

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I
Where did you hear about this encryption?

lol -- Is evolv really selling the encrypted hardware and programimng snake oil??

There is no magic encryption in the atmega32 bud (you know thats the $1 (in bulk) 8 bit microcontroller running the dna40 and tons of arduino boards) There are lock bits but these are relatively easy to overcome -- the reason why china doesn't steal their firmware is that its easier to make future modifications if you built it using a high level language like C rather then dealing with the machine language in the microcontroller. And there is really nothing that complicated with the idea of controlling the temp of nickel wire... It just takes a little time to work out the hysteresis issues

I agree evolv innovated a pretty cool solution with temp control, but its only going to be a very short time before others do the same thing,
As far as there being anything fancy with the circuitry running the board thats crazy, the heart and soul of it powered with a $1 microcontroller.
And don't fool yourself -- china churns out its share of code -- in my opionion they are using evolv boards because they buy in such bulk that they get them for next to nothing -- it's better to supply at a slim margin than be cut out of the market ....

Not to be nitpicky, but evolv uses a 32bit arm based processor. Not the old the 8bit atmegas.

Nonetheless I do think will see dna40 clones with temp protection, step up/down regulation and the whole bit sooner or later.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
it'll be sooner than later :) personally I don't care much about the TC as I have an rDNA and never use it.... step up and step down along with no delayed firing is what I want :)

Amen. A seasoned vaper really has no need for tc. Most of us can tell when a wick is about to go dry. It's like riding a bike. If nickel could weren't so finicky I would give it more of a chance. My neighbor has a Hana 40 and he's constantly rebuilding his nickel coils due to hot spots after a little use, or screw's not fully clamping the coils in his drippers. I think he may have gone back to kanthal. I honestly can't remember the last time I got a dry hit.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
Just got a reply from Mandy at FastTech regarding my Product request form thanking me for providing the information on the Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 TC 1:1 clone w/ Temperature Control saying they will list this item their site in a few days.
Thanks for the heads up. I have been following this thread and went ahead and placed an order at 3FVape. If they don't ship by the time FastTech has a listing, I will cancel and re-order from FastTech.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks for the heads up. I have been following this thread and went ahead and placed an order at 3FVape. If they don't ship by the time FastTech has a listing, I will cancel and re-order from FastTech.

FYI: In a moment of weakness I had placed an order with 3FVape as well figuring I wasn't sure how long it was going to take Fasttech to stock it & was not sure how greedy they were going to get when they did. If they list it at $85-$90 I'm not sure I could justify it & $61 shipped from 3FVape was looking too good to pass up.

I contacted 3f last night by opening up a message about my unshipped order & included the same manufacturers info I gave to FastTech & asked them to hold my order and not ship it until they negotiated with the manufacturer to see if they could offer me the 1:1 clone at the same purchase price as a customer service.

I explained that considering that they were originally advertising the 1:1 clone for that same price for over a month before they substituted that one with the ugly copper crossed topper 510 with the slotted screw adjusted center pin & no usb charging port at the last minute, that they should offer me this customer service retaining the original purchase price with the 10% discount. I fully expect to get a shipping notice for the one I don't want, & an answer afterward that it was too late to make the change because it had already shipped, but they would if I undertake the expense to return it to them, but hey it is worth a shot right? If they contact me and refuse, then I will cancel my order in its entirety.

You may want to consider approaching it the same way.

Now its just a waiting game & to placate myself in the interim, I just wasted another $76.45 ordering a Joytec Egip w/ 2 RBA kayfun style deck atomizers, 510 adapter & a black skin from Vapenw which has already shipped. Ought to keep me entertained until the other works itself out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread