Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Just got this reply from 3FVape a second ago!

Dear Tpat591,

We have contacted Waidea, they don't have physical stock. And they can't give a specific date for the product to come out. We estimate we won't get the product until the end of this month.

We are now writing to you to see if you would like to wait for the one with micro usb charging or we ship model 2101 instead. If you would like to wait, we will try our best to ship it as soon as possible and if there is any information, we will inform you first.

Happy shopping with us. Should you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach me at service@3fvape.com or send me a message through "Contact US" on the page bottom on our website.

Regards,
Gina
Customer service, 3FVape

Last edited:

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
Just got my shipped notice. I don't need the USB charging. And I have four LG HE batteries and 100' of nickel wire coming. Now to decide on whether to get a Lemo or a kayfun 4 clone. I do understand you wishing to get a full-on 1:1 clone.

I saw your posts on fasttech about a Stig Helix clone. That is my favorite design. I bought an Innokin VTR last January because of that compact, stealthy shape. Imagine a DNA 40 chip, 26650 battery and 22mm atomizer all in one's hand with only the tip poking out.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Just got my shipped notice. I don't need the USB charging. And I have four LG HE batteries and 100' of nickel wire coming. Now to decide on whether to get a Lemo or a kayfun 4 clone. I do understand you wishing to get a full-on 1:1 clone.

I saw your posts on FastTech about a Stig Helix clone. That is my favorite design. I bought an Innokin VTR last January because of that compact, stealthy shape. Imagine a DNA 40 chip, 26650 battery and 22mm atomizer all in one's hand with only the tip poking out.

2 Vtrs myself but I barely use them anymore. The only real atty worth using that fits in the hole in it is the Ivogo baby 17mm Kayfun clone . Been reluctant to just grind the ring off to fit the 22mm attys,.but one of them has gotta go! Guess I should try & wrap a couple of old protank heads with my own coils & see how I do.

I never heard of the Stig before today and I gotta say I'm really liking the Stig Helix but that atty section bothers me a but. Seems like so much wasted space and thick aluminum that just isn't necessary. Looks like they could easily have drilled it for the larger classes of atomizers beginning to emerge now and just had a top inserted spacer ring to downsize the diameter of the ring hole for smaller class of 22mm attys. Think it would be much more versatile that way and not repeat the mistakes innokin made with the VTR.

You are right though, stealthy side-by-side, DNA30 or DNA40 TC, 26650 battery, and 23mm atty (to 26mm? if they made it larger, then sleeved it back down) are definitely a winning combination!

to decide on whether to get a Lemo or a kayfun 4 clone, I had one of each delivered yesterday yet haven't placed them into service yet. Lemo is looking very clean, is pre-coiled and wicked so I'm thinking about trying it without the standard degreasing pretreatment, but know I would regret it!

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Stig Helix.jpg

Lots of potential with the Stig-Helix, but I definitely would have drilled it to accommodate 26mm attys, then sleeved it back down to 23.5mm to avoid the same mistakes that have relegated the VTRs to dust collectors on our shelves.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Just popped into my mailbox from 3FVape:

Hi Tpat591,

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and patience. We highly appreciate if you could share your experience with us with other fellow customers. We have escalated you to a VIP client at 3FVape. We will provide the best service for you as a VIP.

Just for your information, we contacted the supplier today and the time line of vapor flask DNA40 w/USB charging is still unknown at this stage. We will keep you posted.

Should you have any other question, you are welcome to contact us.

(Think it is kind of funny because I told them the timeline of production.)

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I will get one of those $3 FT 510 connections when I get tired of screwing the center pin and decide to buy a real DNA 40 board. In the meantime, I got my tracking number.8)

how long until you got a tracking number from the time you ordered? mine has to be here by the 12th of Feb :)

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
how long until you got a tracking number from the time you ordered? mine has to be here by the 12th of Feb :)
I placed my order on Thursday the 15th, received the delivery notice the 18th (China's Monday 19th), and got the tracking number later this morning the 19th (evening in China.) I don't have a delivery date yet. FastTech took a week and a half to deliver the last time I ordered from them. There was something about Li-Ion batteries holding up entire shipments from some companies at customs. But, you lucky dog.....have a delivery date. How long did that take once your order was in the shipper's hands?

Last edited:

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
The original is 299$ not 395$ and worth every penny. Trust me you don't want a cloned dna30 chip. I learned my lesson with the Hana clones. This clone will cost more than 100$, probably closer to 150-180$. When it has issues you're on your own.

Save your pennies, it's worth it.

As I was reading this thread, I wondered if there were any warranties on clones, I have never bought a clone in my years of vaping but I just can't see how you would go about getting one fixed !! I know back in the day when you got a box of bad cartos, You were just on your own, Once china gets the cash you were just out !!! While American made may be more expensive I still believe them to be more cost effective. in this thread someone offered a thought that the clone may be in the 150-180 price range. Well it seems to me with all the war stories about the hana clone problems, I would be a little hesitate to by a clone flask because if it drops dead in a couple months and you have to buy another the you pretty much have the cost of the original Vapor Flask V2 tied up in a mod and you STILL HAVE A CLONE !!!!! Am I thinking wrong here or missing something ??? From what I have seen even if and American built device has issues the Modder has always taken care of the issues..With china they have always taken the money !!!!!!

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
Harley, for many people you are right. But today there are a lot of people that take control of their machine world by creating them, modifying them, and fixing them. I applaud those that take the next step and try to monetize their creation. But for me, this flask is just a case. The board inside is going to be replaced with a real Evolv DNA40. The original board is going to be dickered with until I brick it. My outlay for this project is going to be $130. That is a little less than the $299 the other vendor charges. Evolv does warrant their boards to the enthusiast. The rest of this device is just wire and switches you can get at Frys if one goes bad.

Joedhimself, sounds like you are using the links in this thread. Those were for a model that is no longer in stock. The one in stock doesn't have a USB port and has a copper 510 connection with an adjustable screw that probably should be swapped out for fat daddy type spring loaded 510 connection. Model 2101 is the back model.
VAPOR FLASK DNA40 STYLE 510 VARIABLE WATTAGE MOD - Black, ALUMINUM Alloy, 2 X 18650, NO USB CHARGING - 3FVape

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have a couple of questions about this $68.55 Vapor Flask 40 watt clone that is being sold by 3Fvape:

VAPOR FLASK DNA40 STYLE 510 VARIABLE WATTAGE MOD - SILVER, ALUMINUM Alloy, 2 X 18650, NO USB CHARGING - 3FVape

1. Is this clone manufactured by Infinite?

2. Is the reproduction Evolv DNA40 watt chipset in it made by YiHi? .... If so, what is the model number of this YiHi circuit board? .... SX something?

3. The photo below shows the bottom end of this clone being sold by 3Fvape. Is the VaporFlask logo and Made in U.S.A. along with V3 stamped on the bottom like what is shown on the 3Fvape website?

Thanks,

VaporFlaskV3Clone.jpg

Last edited:

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
I have a couple of questions about this $68.55 Vapor Flask 40 watt clone that is being sold by 3Fvape:

2. Is the reproduction Evolv DNA40 watt chipset in it made by YiHi? .... If so, what is the model number of this YiHi circuit board? .... SX something?

Pretty sure DNA40 board in this clone not from Evolv or Yihi and if not mistaken by another company. I read it somewhere but couldn't find the link to post it here.

Edit: The clone board made by Kangxin and listed on A L I Ba Ba

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I placed my order on Thursday the 15th, received the delivery notice the 18th (China's Monday 19th), and got the tracking number later this morning the 19th (evening in China.) I don't have a delivery date yet. FastTech took a week and a half to deliver the last time I ordered from them. There was something about Li-Ion batteries holding up entire shipments from some companies at customs. But, you lucky dog.....have a delivery date. How long did that take once your order was in the shipper's hands?
no I don't have a delivery date. I was just wondering how long it took between the time you ordered and when they shipped it. I just ordered mine today so.... hopefully it gets shipped in a day or 2 and gets here before I leave on the 13 of feb :) sorry, I coulda been clearer.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Well, I asked this because some of these companies selling these clones are posting photos of the original mods on there website.

What you find out is that the photo is really not the clone they are in fact selling ... but a photo of something else.

That's why I was wondering if the $68.55 clone they are selling really has the script on the bottom as what is shown on the photo.

I saw a post here not long ago of a Vapor Flask clone with "Infinite" actually imprinted into the face of the clone ... I was just wondering if this particular clone also comes from Infinite.

I guess nobody here has actually got one of the Vapor Flask clones being sold by 3Fvape in there hands yet to confirm any of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread