Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Does anybody know who the manufacturer is of this one: focalecig.com - VF Squonker 40W TC Variable Wattage VW Box Mod - Silver ? Anyone tried it?
if they actually have/ship the one they show in the pics, i'm going to put my money on Waidea Time most likely being the manufacturer. same screen layout and build quality as the two i own. Waidea Time has been the closest 1:1 clone i have seen. great flasks for a dna 40/60 upgrade. well worth the price, if you ask me.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I will have to add that of the 3 flasks I have (2 clone, 1 authentic) and waidea flask imho is the better quality flask outside. The other clone, I think is a king-something, and it has a nicer tray and Buttons inside, but the finish is WAY nicer on the waidea. I replaced both China dna chips with real dna40.

Reactions: Orchidizor

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Focal also carried another Squonking Flask Clone at one time that was cheaper than the Waidea. Pretty sure it was the Yiloong.

3F Carried Squonking Flask clones by 3 separate manufacturers at the same time at different pricing levels at one time.
  • Waidea was the most expensive and accurate 1:1 clone with the proper logos engraved and had same screen cutout bevel as the regular version. It's chip did pretty well and did do preheats with the proper grounding that was incorporated by then.
  • The Yiloong was not 1:1 and had a screen cutout that looked like it could have accommodated a large screen, but was actually equipped with a small screen that had a slightly larger display font on a screen that was 0.72" instead of 0.69", Carried the Sqonk logo at base but left off the engraved VF at the side.
  • The third and cheapest of the bunch I never could identify, and carried no logos what so ever & wasn't close to 1:1.
  • I do not know if SXK ever did the Squonk but they were the ones that brought the Nickel Purity Settings with the 50W Clone Chips to the regular flask clone line & had a pretty high price for a poor accuracy clone.
At least that is how I remember it. I would ask whats the name, Doris? at Focal who the manufacturer is.

Edit: focalecig.com - VF Squonker 40W TC Variable Wattage VW Box Mod - Silver
Found listing you were referring to at link I posted (your url removed) & I'm fairly certain that unit is the Wadia Clone.
When Vape Forward was formed in partnership with Vapor Flask & joyetech, they went after the flask clone manufacturers to drive them from market (a simple matter for Joyetech).

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Unfortunately they wouldn't ship any mod at all because "we not have anymore factory stop producing this item" :-( such a bummer. I'm hoping for a refund.
When Vape Forward was formed in partnership with Vapor Flask & Joyetech, they went after all the flask clone manufacturers to drive them from marketplace (a simple matter for Joyetech due to their prominence in China).

Focal will have to refund your money in a day or so or risk losing PP status.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Agreed, Bought a VF Squonk. My first & only squonking device. Had display & threw a regular tank on unit to try & test while waiting for a BF atty to be delivered (Chalice3 that I took one look at & decided I couldn't fit a NI200 coil in & use w/ the VF Squonk. Never did get it to fire, but never really gave it a realistic chance as I was convinced that it had to do with sealing o-ring & not a more pressing issue). Just wanted to see it was trying to fire. Figured I could deal w/ it later & never got back to it.

Ultimately, IMHO it just seems like too much of a PIA. Tanks today, especially Aromamizer & the like, give you as close as, or close enough, experience to dripping as you can get without having to worry about replenishing your coil every 3rd hit. Bad enough you gotta refill the tank when the time comes.

Who needs the hassle of the constant attention to a vaping device when we all have so many more important things we can't find time to do.

Eventually I will revisit the VF Squonk. It is a collector's item essentially unused after-all. Deserves attention at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phone Guy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Agreed, Bought a VF Squonk. My first & only squonking device. Had display & threw a regular tank on unit to try & test while waiting for a BF atty to be delivered (Chalice3 that I took one look at & decided I couldn't fit a NI200 coil in & use w/ the VF Squonk. Never did get it to fire, but never really gave it a realistic chance as I was convinced that it had to do with sealing o-ring & not a more pressing issue). Just wanted to see it was trying to fire. Figured I could deal w/ it later & never got back to it.

Ultimately, IMHO it just seems like too much of a PIA. Tanks today, especially Aromamizer & the like, give you as close as, or close enough, experience to dripping as you can get without having to worry about replenishing your coil every 3rd hit. Bad enough you gotta refill the tank when the time comes.

Who needs the hassle of the constant attention to a vaping device when we all have so many more important things we can't find time to do.

Eventually I will revisit the VF Squonk. It is a collector's item essentially unused after-all. Deserves attention at some point.
Such a similar story, too funny. I've got a dna40 type box squonker, geyscano?... I put a TC China dna40 board in it from a flask that I put a real dna40 in.. Haha.

Used it with the included BF atty, got a chalice (coincidentally) didn't life the extreme tight draw, didn't like always having to wet the wicks even by squonking, I just want to press the button and Vape. LMAO [emoji23]

That's funny! Nearly identical.... Expect mine fired, I did have to fix the afc? But can't remember why or how.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
FYI, no squonk but I picked up Vape Forward VF Classic at same price point as VF clone from some time ago (~$60). Two or three weeks in and considering a second (rx200s too unreliable with TC). Classic has TCR and, having survived a couple hard drops, seems quite solid. Unlike some reviewers, my battery cover is solid and there are zero rattles. Battery life much better than my Waidea clone. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread