Not open for further replies.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Hey gang,

So I grabbed some eliquid from Vapor God during a recent sale, and have a few thoughts to share...

First off, I decided to have a little fun with it, and use the "Flavor Lab" section, where you can mix flavors. Unfortunately I'm unable to review two of them due to my 'simple palate' once again ruining my ability to taste certain flavors. This has caused me no end of frustration in trying to find and build a catalog of favorites, let me tell you. Anywho, those flavors were an English Toffee/Toasted Almond mix and a Milk Chocolate/Peanut Butter mix (trying to make a Peanut Butter Cup flavor). Not the vendor's fault, of course, just Mamma Nature having a bit of fun at my expense (but don't worry, I'll get even with her one of these days...)

The one flavor I tried that I was able to taste is one I chose to mix from the non-standard flavors: Hickory Smoke and Bacon! Yes, I know, bacon is typically considered a novelty flavor that's guaranteed to make you gag, but we vapers keep trying just for the fun of it, or to see friends turn purple when they give it a go. :)

But that's half the fun, and with the presence of Hickory Smoke, --something I hadn't seen in eliquid form before--, I figured it was worth a gamble trying to mix them. Heck, that even made it sound potentially good!

And was it? Ermmm, no. :p Truth be told, it's absolutely godawful nasty. But that's ok. Like I said, bacon eliquid is right up there with BlueMist's Crab Juice. No, what did surprise me was the Hickory Smoke flavor. For just a moment, before the rancid bacon knocks you across the room in the aftertaste, the Hickory Smoke flavor is actually good! There are a lot of flavors that sound good, but in the end just don't work (typically most of the attempts at making meat flavors --I'm looking at you, FSUSA), and of course there's no guarantee that Hickory Smoke will be your thing, but if you do happen to be a fan of this flavor in the "real world," I can safely report that, amazingly, it works for vaping. Color me stoked and stymied.

One word of caution, though. It's strong. I don't recommend trying any mixes like I did, since they only allow for two flavors to be equally mixed. No, best to get a bottle of the smoke juice by itself and add a few drops as needed to whatever you're trying to enhance. For example, I'm planning on trying to add a little smoke juice to a strong coffee mix, since I'm a sucker for a cup of campfire, trail coffee (read: sludge --it's an acquired taste).

So there ya go. One novelty flavor that lived up to hideous expectation, and another that exceeded same and broke through into the realm of awesomeness (for those that enjoy this particular eccentric flavor, at least; otherwise, well, woof). :lol:

Oh, one side-note. Should anyone manage to work-up enough courage to try Vapor God's Worcestershire sauce eliquid, please PM me. That's one review I don't want to miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread