Vapor Guys Super Mini - WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I can't believe, for 45 bucks, what a smoke!

The Vapor Guys Super Mini is as close to an actual cigarette as I have found. Size is dead on. Circumference and length. The cartridge has a slight rubber coating so when I bite onto it it feels real and wont crack. It draws is so dam easy and smooth that just hanging out of my mouth it starts to puff sometimes just from my breathing.

I can't believe this thing was $45.00.

Packaging was generic, who cares, I throw out the packaging. Came with 2 atomizers, 2 batteries, charger, charger cord, and 5 carts 16-0 which I refill myself.

Battery life is about 2.5-3.5 hours with heavy vape, and seems to be perfectly timed with cartridge life. Every time one battery died and I had to replace, the cartridge was dead or as close as possible to spent. The alternate battery was always ready when the previous one was dead even with USB charger that I used in my car.

I just can't believe it, I actually went to order another one two minutes ago and OUT OF STOCK.... DAM!

Cons, I can see the wick on the atomizer, and even though it looks as though I may be able to repair myself with some wool and tattoo needle... I don't think it's going to last 2 weeks. After 2 days it's ends are getting crispy. A new one is only $9 wihich is also OUT OF STOCK, thank God I ordered some extras with original purchase.

All in all, I would buy this again and wish I could.:cool:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Vapor Guys Super Mini - WOW :thumbs:

I Can I Agree, I Picked One Up From Kurt @ The Vaporguys a few weeks ago.

Its a nice little Vaper, Don't Tell But I Drip With It and It Cooks! :sneaky:

Just always remember if u drip, do not ever have your cig vertical, that will cause the juice to go into the batt.

Also always store your batts upside down with some tissue in there (does not have to be in the small hole.

Overall between the VaporGuys Fast & Courteous Manner, Fast Shipping & Good Products, The Super Mini is a Good Deal!

I don't Use it as my Main Vape, I switch between about 8 different e-cigs during the day, each one gives different flavor and I avoid overheating the atomizers for longer lifr.

I Thank the VaporGuys for their, Fast Shipping, Hard Work & Great Products! :thumbs:

U Can Never Just Own 1 E-Cig!

Keep Vapin!

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
OK, it's been a week...

Still on the same atomizer and battery life same as described above. About 2-3 hours each and consistently ready when other is dead.

I felt bad today, because I haven't used my $180.00 Smoking Everywhere Gold Edition at all in the last week, so I pulled it out. Boy did I get F'd. I even tried a new atomizer and dripping, just doesn't work at all like the Super Mini. The draw is pathetic and the vapor takes three quick hits then a long draw to equal a regular hit off the Super Mini. This thing has really changed my opinion of e-cigs. I got my 901 in today, but have to wait 8-12 hours to try it:mad: That one was $40 so I hope to right a review of it as well soon, and will update this one as time goes on.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
is their supermini an m401? or 402? or what?

I was told by Kurt that their Super-Mini e-cig, is a JOYE306A, very similar to the Janty Mini Fogger, except on the outside it looks like an analog.

I ordered one from vaporguys.com this past Friday (the 13th!! :shock:) and it should be here Monday or Tuesday! Looks like there's at least one satisfied customer!

So far, I can't find very much information on that model but apparently it's been tested by VG and is superior to the RN4801 that I had my heart set on initially.

I can't wait until I get it! This will be my first e-cig. :w00t:

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I got a DSE901 in this week and so far, not impressed. It's almost like using a 12th grade science project. I have to say this Super Mini is as close to a real cigarette that I have found. The more models I buy I'm finding that even the throat hit and vapor taste are directly related to what type of e-cig you use. Even in those categories this thing is as close as any real cigarette. I wish it had a longer battery life, kinda hard in such a small package... and I wish the carts lasted longer... again same issue, smaller means less.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I got a DSE901 in this week and so far, not impressed. It's almost like using a 12th grade science project. I have to say this Super Mini is as close to a real cigarette that I have found. The more models I buy I'm finding that even the throat hit and vapor taste are directly related to what type of e-cig you use. Even in those categories this thing is as close as any real cigarette. I wish it had a longer battery life, kinda hard in such a small package... and I wish the carts lasted longer... again same issue, smaller means less.

That's the model that a lot of people like and that everyone says is great for a first e-cig... The thing is, I've read that it's hard to find the "real" DSE901 and that just makes me leery because I wouldn't know a "real" DSE901 if I saw one! Apparently only the original is any good.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
That's the model that a lot of people like and that everyone says is great for a first e-cig... The thing is, I've read that it's hard to find the "real" DSE901 and that just makes me leery because I wouldn't know a "real" DSE901 if I saw one! Apparently only the original is any good.

Truevapor.com sells the "REAL" dse901s. i think it's just personal preference as to what you will like better , i have both real 901 and RN atomzers and i prefer the RN because they burn hotter and prodouce better vapor. Maybe that's just me

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
thanks for all the info. my compact is a pure smoker pee wee. and got a kissbox classic on the way for a little more vapor and control

Good luck with that:p, I ordered from Janty USA 2 weeks ago and haven't heard or seen anything since I sent instant payment via PayPal. No shipping, payment received, order complete... email, or snail. Only info received was from PayPal and Bank.

I've had orders drop shipped from Hong Kong quicker.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Truevapor.com sells the "REAL" dse901s. i think it's just personal preference as to what you will like better , i have both real 901 and RN atomzers and i prefer the RN because they burn hotter and prodouce better vapor. Maybe that's just me

My "901" doesn't heat up at all, well it gets vapor but is always cool to the touch. The ones on True Vapor don't show a hole either. Mine has a hole and says Mini Cig around the atomizer, which quite honestly I wouldn't have ordered if I had known. I have several different units and can tell you also that the battery is about half the weight of even the Super Mini, yet it is 1" longer and about 1/8" wider... probably a knock off.

I see DSE901 used on almost every website, and they are all a little different. So take it for what it's worth. That's why I rely heavily on this forum and it's users... and provide my experiences as well. As I suggest everyone does.

I had two people at a party last night very interested in switching to e-cigs, instead of referring them to a retailer I referred them to this site and said, "make your own decision on what is right for you, and don't be afraid to ask questions."

I haven't given up on the 901 either I have already ordered replacement batteries, filters, and atomizers from Totally Wicked 2 days ago.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
OK, got my DSE901 parts from Totally Wicked this morning. I ordered two batteries, two atomizers, and 25 blank carts, of course my 36MG Menthol too.

I have three letters, that's right, letters to sum it up "WTF"! I got screwed by LitCig. This is the real deal from Totally Wicked. I don't like righting bad reviews so I wont, I'll simply tell you about the Totally Wicked features and you can ahm, assume the other is a complete opposite.

First off the atomizer is rock solid, both in vapor production and in construction. Instead of say tinny, it feels very heavy and solid. The hole is very small, but just right to create a smooth draw. Unlike others that require flute lessons to operate.

Also unlike others it actually has a serial number on the battery. Speaking of battery, I purchased the platnum battery and it actually feels and looks like brushed platnum, unlike say tin painted with model paint to look like platnum (clear throat here).

On to carts, wow. There was some actual planning and thought put into these Totally Wicked carts. The amount of juice held is outstanding... much like a pen style, and the contact with the atomizer is just right.

Lets get into the vapor production, hold on can't see my screen through the smoke (I know, bad word on this site). Seriously comparing the two is a cigar to cigarette comparison. How much vapor do I get with the Totally Wicked DSE901 and 36MG Menthol? Lets just say I had to restart my heart three times and leave it at that.

5 out of 5, way to go Totally Wicked!:evil:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
OK, got my DSE901 parts from Totally Wicked this morning. I ordered two batteries, two atomizers, and 25 blank carts, of course my 36MG Menthol too.

I have three letters, that's right, letters to sum it up "WTF"! I got screwed by LitCig. This is the real deal from Totally Wicked. I don't like righting bad reviews so I wont, I'll simply tell you about the Totally Wicked features and you can ahm, assume the other is a complete opposite.

First off the atomizer is rock solid, both in vapor production and in construction. Instead of say tinny, it feels very heavy and solid. The hole is very small, but just right to create a smooth draw. Unlike others that require flute lessons to operate.

Also unlike others it actually has a serial number on the battery. Speaking of battery, I purchased the platnum battery and it actually feels and looks like brushed platnum, unlike say tin painted with model paint to look like platnum (clear throat here).

On to carts, wow. There was some actual planning and thought put into these Totally Wicked carts. The amount of juice held is outstanding... much like a pen style, and the contact with the atomizer is just right.

Lets get into the vapor production, hold on can't see my screen through the smoke (I know, bad word on this site). Seriously comparing the two is a cigar to cigarette comparison. How much vapor do I get with the Totally Wicked DSE901 and 36MG Menthol? Lets just say I had to restart my heart three times and leave it at that.

5 out of 5, way to go Totally Wicked!:evil:

I Am Glad To Hear Your Happy and Have Positive Review Of TW! :thumbs:

Keep The Happy's Coming! :D

I Love Good Vapin Products!

Damn I May Order A Platinum 901 From TW Too!

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
How much vapor do I get with the Totally Wicked DSE901 and 36MG Menthol? Lets just say I had to restart my heart three times and leave it at that.

Can you tell me how that juice performs with the Super-Mini from VaporGuys? I just got my Super-Mini in the other day, and it's awesome but the carts that came with it put out tons of vape, opposite of what I thought because of things other people have said about "kit carts".

How do you like the menthol from TW? Is it pure mint or does it have an undertone of tobacco? Also, thick clouds, yes?

I can give you some extra insight on Vapor Guys super mini. This was my first ecig and of course I bought it from Kurt...the menthol carts I purchased from them (high, low & zero) does taste like menthol...no under taste of reg tabacco. The low is 6 mg, med is 10mg and high is 16 mg. Can't go wrong with this little baby...puts out a lot of vapor...sdaniels is correct about the battery & carts not lasting long, but the taste is great and it looks just like a reg cig. One of my automizers burnt out tonight, but hey, I hit it hard!!

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Can you tell me how that juice performs with the Super-Mini from VaporGuys? I just got my Super-Mini in the other day, and it's awesome but the carts that came with it put out tons of vape, opposite of what I thought because of things other people have said about "kit carts".

How do you like the menthol from TW? Is it pure mint or does it have an undertone of tobacco? Also, thick clouds, yes?

Thick clouds, I kinda like the way the vapor lingers in the air like smoke. It's one of the few brands that can actually be seen and believed to be smoke, once you know about vaporizers. It tastes like Menthol, it DOES NOT taste like Menthol Flavored Tobacco. There is one very good feature about this, it smells like Menthol in the exhale. I've read articles where people where offended by e-cigs primarily because they still stunk like a cigarette, this would be your flavors. If your looking for a more Tobacco flavor you would want Pure Smokers brand and even then I would recommend cutting it with a tobacco flavor as well to suite. The problem I have with Pure Smokers is it actually burns my throat and makes me get a little cough and weezy in the lungs. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is consistent with smoking Pure Brand. To the point where about 5-15 minutes after switching back to TW it goes away. The only other formula that ever effected me that way was made by me using VG instead of PG and when I cut TW's with VG.

Know this too, I have found using 5 different brands and styles of e-cigs with the same fluid, TW Menthol 36MG, all produce different amounts of vapor as many have discussed everywhere. What they don't seem to talk about is that they all effect the flavor and temperature on the throat and lips as well, which is also part of the conversion process from analog to e-cig. That is why I recommend the Super Mini so much. It is as true to the real thing that I have found.

Back to flavor, I can say that I ordered the Spearmint 36MG as well. Gag. I didn't like it at all. I wasn't sure if their Spearmint would be closer to a cigarette taste so I tried both. I'm choking it down slowly because it was $30, but doesn't taste like any cigarette I've ever smoked. The Menthol 36 MG is very tasty to me since I switched a year ago to Djarum Blacks. I have had Smoking Everwhere, Pure Smoker, Vapor Guys, LitCig, and others Menthol and NONE of them tasted like a Tobacco Menthol, to me. I use to smoke Marlboro Menthol... so I do know what they should taste like. There are some posts in this forum where people have found mixtures to accomplish this, just do a search for DIY or Blends and Menthol.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Thanks guys :D

There's a lot to be said about subjectivity when it comes to taste! I for one didn't really like the Spearmint when I finally got it. It's a bit too minty, overpowered a bit I suppose. I'll have to cut it with something else because I don't mind the mint overall.

I've been vaping with my Super-Mini from Vaporguys and it rocks. Funnily enough, the carts that it came with produce a lot of vapor, even though they taste crappy. At first I was worried about the 2-second cutoff, but that thing cooks so hot, that 2 seconds is enough. What I recently figured out was to pace my draw to take the entire 2 seconds and I get loads of vapor. People think it's a real cigarette. My only gripe is the RED led. I kinda wish it was orange. I actually have the skills to change it but don't want to mangle the device trying to open it. If one of my batteries dies, I'll be dissecting it for mod purposes.

I just ordered some Pure Menthol from PS. I'm curious how it's going to perform.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Thanks guys :D

There's a lot to be said about subjectivity when it comes to taste! I for one didn't really like the Spearmint when I finally got it. It's a bit too minty, overpowered a bit I suppose. I'll have to cut it with something else because I don't mind the mint overall.

I've been vaping with my Super-Mini from Vaporguys and it rocks. Funnily enough, the carts that it came with produce a lot of vapor, even though they taste crappy. At first I was worried about the 2-second cutoff, but that thing cooks so hot, that 2 seconds is enough. What I recently figured out was to pace my draw to take the entire 2 seconds and I get loads of vapor. People think it's a real cigarette. My only gripe is the RED led. I kinda wish it was orange. I actually have the skills to change it but don't want to mangle the device trying to open it. If one of my batteries dies, I'll be dissecting it for mod purposes.

I just ordered some Pure Menthol from PS. I'm curious how it's going to perform.

It's very easy to open the battery. I was actually surprised. The problem is the LEDs being used are so tiny I can't find a supplier anywhere. I actually wanted to use the red on my TW DSE901 to go with the logo, but I don't want blue on my super mini. I have a bunch of whites from an old Western Digital micro controller board, but they are actual to big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread