Vapor Production Blues on Kayfun Lite +, So Jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
After watching plenty of YouTube videos on building coil setups and seeing people exhaling dense vapor clouds yet I'm not getting anything close to solid vapor production. To specify I'm using a EHPro kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone with 10 wrap, 28 gauge microcoil, 1.8 ohms with organic cotton wicks. eliquid is V2 Cigs Menthol on Vamo V5 at 8-12 watts. I have both airflow screws removed and getting better on the right amount of cotton to use but I'm not getting better vapor production than I do on my Protank 2 or Evod. I'm so jealous of the vapor production I've been seeing on YouTube videos it's killing me. Lol its not flooding and flavor is great but the throat hits are harsh wow! So what gives any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
After watching plenty of YouTube videos on building coil setups and seeing people exhaling dense vapor clouds yet I'm not getting anything close to solid vapor production. To specify I'm using a EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone with 10 wrap, 28 gauge microcoil, 1.8 ohms with organic cotton wicks. Eliquid is V2 Cigs Menthol on Vamo V5 at 8-12 watts. I have both airflow screws removed and getting better on the right amount of cotton to use but I'm not getting better vapor production than I do on my Protank 2 or Evod. I'm so jealous of the vapor production I've been seeing on YouTube videos it's killing me. Lol its not flooding and flavor is great but the throat hits are harsh wow! So what gives any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.

try 7 or 8 wraps with the 28 Guage or do a twisted 28 Guage build (watch RIPTrippers YouTube for twisted 28 Guage) not familiar with the vamo V5 but you might want to get a dna30 box I sometimes push 15-20W to my Kayfun depending on builds.. that being said the YouTube videos you are watching are 100% VG for more vapor production

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Ive had a few instances with my ehpro KFL+ where I dont get much vapor the first few hits. I get more and more vapor each time I hit it until after maybe 5 pulls it produces normal flavor and vape. Ive never figured out why because it rarely happens and it always temporary.

My guess is it has something to do with how your wicking it. When in doubt, less cotton is always best and always make sure youre not obstructing the air channels.

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
I run all my KFL's with the following
.7ohm triple 30g twisted wire. 6 wraps around 3/32 bit.
Coil is placed across the airhole and lifted about 1mm off the center post.
Airflow control screw is taken out completely.
Viva Nova sytle wide-bore delrin drip tip
18 to 20 wats depending on device and battery.
I also switched to Cellucotton (a lot still unknown about Cellucotton)
20PG/80VG blend 6mg

Vapor is no longer an issue. I believe the girlfriend is getting sick of the thick fog that keeps appearing in the house from out of my office.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
In my experience, regulated mods are not able to fire 28guage kanthal coils very well. Dunno why, but that's my experience. I would recommend trying with 30 or 32 guage wire ...if the other suggestions don't work.

I think your right about the 30 gauge firing better on regulated mods. I went to my local vape store a few hours ago and picked up Jazz Juice Menthol 50/50 ratio and a 70/30 store mix call Day Tripper it's like a berry flavor with hint of mint. So first off I tried the 50/50 menthol thinking it has to put out better vapor production using 28 gauge again at 1.6 ohms. It was better than the V2 juice I've been using on vapor production but pretty harsh on the throat. I was by no means blown away. Next I took your suggestion and built a 1.8 ohm micro on 30 gauge and vapor production is on par with what I've been seeing on YouTube. Keep in mind that this flavor is 70 pg, 30 vg and it's putting out way more vapor than the 50 pg, 50 vg mix of the menthol so what does they tell you. I've been experimenting with 28 gauge on the Kayfun but this is my first build with 30 gauge. Next I will try 28 gauge with the day tripper juice and see how it compares. I think I'll
pick up some 29 gauge in the near future and see how it fairs.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I think your right about the 30 gauge firing better on regulated mods. I went to my local vape store a few hours ago and picked up Jazz Juice Menthol 50/50 ratio and a 70/30 store mix call Day Tripper it's like a berry flavor with hint of mint. So first off I tried the 50/50 menthol thinking it has to put out better vapor production using 28 gauge again at 1.6 ohms. It was better than the V2 juice I've been using on vapor production but pretty harsh on the throat. I was by no means blown away. Next I took your suggestion and built a 1.8 ohm micro on 30 gauge and vapor production is on par with what I've been seeing on YouTube. Keep in mind that this flavor is 70 pg, 30 vg and it's putting out way more vapor than the 50 pg, 50 vg mix of the menthol so what does they tell you. I've been experimenting with 28 gauge on the Kayfun but this is my first build with 30 gauge. Next I will try 28 gauge with the day tripper juice and see how it compares. I think I'll
pick up some 29 gauge in the near future and see how it fairs.

Ok.. I have both the vamo V5 and the Kayfun lite. For one, when you see a riptrippers video, he vapes %100 VG juice. He has a slight PG allergy. It produces tonnes of vapor, but keep in mind, he might have also bored out the airhole on it. Kayfun lites have a pre-set air draw, and the cloudchasers usually increase the airflow of their atomizers. Just thought I'd mention those two.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Wern, I just got my dual a/f EHPro KFL+ V@ about a week ago. I had the same problem. The airflow was actually worse than on my EHPro KFL+ V1 and it was bugging the crap out of me. Then I thought to look into the airflow holes to see if I could see thru to the other side. I couldn't see any light. Since the airflow holes are directly across from eachother you should be able to hold it up to light and see thru completely to the other side. So, I unscrewed the center post a bit while looking thru the airholes and all of a sudden I saw the light! The airflow was completely skewed because the airflow hole in the center post wasn't aligned with the side airflow holes. The only problem now is that the block on the deck is loose because I had to loosen the center post to align the airflow holes. Now I need to find a small rubber washer to put under the screw head that will let the a/f holes line up while keeping the deck tight. That should give you quite a bit more airflow. Hope that helps! :2c::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread