Vapor production KR808 - 510 - 801 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After diving head first into E-cigs I find myself limited by the Greensmoke with an Auto Batt, and am looking for advice on another PV that produces the same vapor level, has easily refilled carts, and more than one supplier for parts or interchangable parts.

All the forums I have read talk about good vapor prodution of the KR808 - 510 -801 -901, but is there a comparison with the Green Smoke? The more I read, the less I seem to know, and the more questions I have.

Thanks

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
The kr808 is comparable to the green smoke. It is less expensive and there are more parts readily available for it . You will get slightly less vapor with it. Not that much less though.
Carts are refillable and widely available . Try value4life for it. good customer service.
Tasty vapor and Ms ts bakery have good ejuice. Cant say about the multitude of others, just who I have dealt with.

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know how a GS vapes but I like the KR808D-1 cartos the best as they vape at higher voltages as well as the lower one. I recomend reading wonderful-world-vaping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6 in th ecf library as it will answer your questions in a non-biased way. good luck. By the way Welcome to ECF.

I have read all 6 parts of the WW of Vaping and was looking for some personal insight into the differences and simularities of them. With more reading and posts I am leaning towards the KR808.

Thanks

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The kr808 is comparable to the green smoke. It is less expensive and there are more parts readily available for it . You will get slightly less vapor with it. Not that much less though.
Carts are refillable and widely available . Try value4life for it. good customer service.
Tasty vapor and Ms ts bakery have good ejuice. Cant say about the multitude of others, just who I have dealt with.

Since the only PV on thier site is the Vapor King I assume it to be a KR808. Is it a -1 or -2? Tasty Vapor and Mrs. T's both look to have some interesting flavors. Thanks for your insight to the vapor difference between the two! I sam leaning towards the KR808.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
kr808d-2 is an e9 PV, so compatible with GS. The kr808d-1 is a different cartomizer PV, and I don't think is compatible, but does get rave reviews, and is considered about the best carto PV on the market.

I started with GS too. It was ok. The passthrough was killer...until it started burning up my cartos. The e9 batts were less than ideal. Wasn't fond of the flavors, although the vanilla and mint were good.

I switched to a 510. Fantastic, and MUCH better than GS, and for about 1/4 the price. The regular batts were not great, but they can be extended with a PCC. I got a bunch of mega batts, which for the money are good...last about 1.6x a regular, and a bit more punch.

The 510 atty, however, is really good, and most bigger batt mods use it for that reason. The 510 is probably the most supported PV system of all the vendors on ECF. And there are adapters to switch to kr808d-1 cartos for the 510 batt. That might not be the best idea since the kr808d-1 batt is far better than the 510 batt. However, I am now using a Bartleby with 510 atty. When you beef up the battery capacity with bigger batts, the 510 becomes truly excellent.

I would say the 510 has the most info here too...but with the kr808d-1 a close second. Both are great systems, for different reasons. Both very affordable to get started with, especially compared to the GS. After you get one of these (or both!), you may find that the GS gear gets put into storage. The E9 is not very well supported, certainly no where nearly like the 510 or kr808d-1. But when we were first breathlessly looking for the perfect first PV, GreenSmoke seemed to be the one really trumped up in the vids and ads. And we didn't know about ECF. So we bought the GS at $150 a kit...or Smoking Everywhere or NJoy or whatever late night radio ad told us to buy. Live and learn. I learned a lot about PVs from the GS, but for now anyway I'm a 510 with a 14500 batt mod, and I love it love it love it...for now....

I recommend the 510 for ease of adding your own juices, and potential to really hot-rod it with cart mods or batt mods. But either that or the kr808d-1 will be worlds better than the GS.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
The GS should be pretty much on the same level as the KR8, but one can't really recommend the KR8: Burned filling IIIIIIIVV
In fact, the GC is the only cartomizer one can reasonably recommend, as it's the only one designed after a principle that avoids that nasty little problem.

You would probably find the 801 a bit too mellow, and I think you would find that the 901 has very cool vapour compared to the GC, if that one is indeed similar to the KR8. In that case, I'd go with a 510, and make that Joye, the clones have problems of their own. Even better than a standard 510 is the eGo, which is a 510 on a much bigger battery and with a neat and useful cone.

Mods and 510s are a tricky subject, due to this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/65055-battery-voltages-surprise.html. So I'd just say, get either a standard 510, or much better, and not even more expensive in the end, because you don't need things like PCCs and PTs, an eGo.

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
kr808d-2 is an e9 PV, so compatible with GS. The kr808d-1 is a different cartomizer PV, and I don't think is compatible, but does get rave reviews, and is considered about the best carto PV on the market.

I started with GS too. It was ok. The passthrough was killer...until it started burning up my cartos. The e9 batts were less than ideal. Wasn't fond of the flavors, although the vanilla and mint were good.

I switched to a 510. Fantastic, and MUCH better than GS, and for about 1/4 the price. The regular batts were not great, but they can be extended with a PCC. I got a bunch of mega batts, which for the money are good...last about 1.6x a regular, and a bit more punch.

The 510 atty, however, is really good, and most bigger batt mods use it for that reason. The 510 is probably the most supported PV system of all the vendors on ECF. And there are adapters to switch to kr808d-1 cartos for the 510 batt. That might not be the best idea since the kr808d-1 batt is far better than the 510 batt. However, I am now using a Bartleby with 510 atty. When you beef up the battery capacity with bigger batts, the 510 becomes truly excellent.

I would say the 510 has the most info here too...but with the kr808d-1 a close second. Both are great systems, for different reasons. Both very affordable to get started with, especially compared to the GS. After you get one of these (or both!), you may find that the GS gear gets put into storage. The E9 is not very well supported, certainly no where nearly like the 510 or kr808d-1. But when we were first breathlessly looking for the perfect first PV, GreenSmoke seemed to be the one really trumped up in the vids and ads. And we didn't know about ECF. So we bought the GS at $150 a kit...or Smoking Everywhere or NJoy or whatever late night radio ad told us to buy. Live and learn. I learned a lot about PVs from the GS, but for now anyway I'm a 510 with a 14500 batt mod, and I love it love it love it...for now....

I recommend the 510 for ease of adding your own juices, and potential to really hot-rod it with cart mods or batt mods. But either that or the kr808d-1 will be worlds better than the GS.

Thanks for the insight. Now all I have have to make a decision! I feel like Farve:p.

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The GS should be pretty much on the same level as the KR8, but one can't really recommend the KR8:
In fact, the GC is the only cartomizer one can reasonably recommend, as it's the only one designed after a principle that avoids that nasty little problem.

You would probably find the 801 a bit too mellow, and I think you would find that the 901 has very cool vapour compared to the GC, if that one is indeed similar to the KR8. In that case, I'd go with a 510, and make that Joye, the clones have problems of their own. Even better than a standard 510 is the eGo, which is a 510 on a much bigger battery and with a neat and useful cone.

Mods and 510s are a tricky subject, due to this: So I'd just say, get either a standard 510, or much better, and not even more expensive in the end, because you don't need things like PCCs and PTs, an eGo.

The link you sent me on the batts was great! I am amazed at all of the info available! This is a great help. Thank you

Dawna

Apr 3, 2010
Ohio
Both me and my dad use 510s, I have a tornado(like the e-go) and he has a joye. We are quite happy with the vapor production. A lot tends to ride on the type of juice you are using. I'm vaping tastyfinger from tasty vapor, great vapor, fabulous flavor. Only got 10% vg, and it's still great. I'm also vaping ms.T's blueberry muffin, it's a little less sweet, not sure the pg/vg mix, but still decent vapor. Throat hit seems to ride on nic levels with those 2 suppliers, 12 mg not so much TH but accidentally got 48mg on a flavor and TH is intense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread