Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.P

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Mid-Missouri, USA
PLEASE STOP!!!

(1) We were asked to WAIT for CASAA to issue some guidance on what we should do and when.

(2) The petition contains false statements. The very first sentence is FALSE. The FDA has only PROPOSED regulations.

(3) The petition is poorly worded and contains spelling, grammar, and syntax errors. It doesn't help us if it reads as if it was written by a third-grader.

I understand how you feel; we're all _____ (nervous, scared, angry). But we can't go off half-cocked on our own with a petition here and a letter there. We need to put forth a unified effort and we need to do it intelligently.

Please don't sign the petition. WAIT for CASAA's guidance.

If you're not a member of CASAA, please join. If you are a member, please donate!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Pardon The Interruption In The Contest Thread Again - However because I do think this is important . . .

As was posted elsewhere on ECF in reply to these post - It is "Your" choice to sign or not sign:

One very, well two, very major problems with this post.

First: "wait"... No. The FDA is not waiting, they are moving forward. And yes this is poorly worded and hastily put together but if something is not said it could he said too late and never reach those who have any actual influence in matters like this. True the regulations are only "proposed" but at one time, Obama-care was only proposed.

Second, "don't sign - just wait"... no, honestly I am already stocking up and planning an exit strategy. This is not even close to the time to wait simply because of spelling errors.

I would highly suggest that anyone who is able create a more sensibly worded petition and that we all sign both but it has always been rash and determined action that has shown the determination that has created this country and what once made it great.

Waiting for CASAA does not make your voice heard immediately.

I am a member of CASAA and value them greatly but, even if it is very grassroots and even if it fails, at least it is doing something. I will simply NOT be told what I can or cannot do to save my own life by a government I neither chose nor approve of.

/rant

While I agree it's not very well written I don't see the big deal in signing it as long as you follow casaa and add your name to the "real" petition when it's available.
You may also want to follow this site by Bill Godshall
FDA Proposal For Deeming Regulation

Funny thing - since I signed the petition - I just got a response from "By Mitch Zeller, the Director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for tobacco Products." AND - While it may have just been a generic letter sent to everyone who signed the petition, it shows that it was seen and also provided a link to be "heard" . . .

"The opportunity to comment on FDA's proposed rule is now open and comments are due on July 9, 2014. We encourage you to do so, and to provide any data and information you may have to support your comments."​

AND - In the email letter I got it also provided the following:

So - The question now really becomes are "We" being heard even if the petition is poorly written ? ? ? Who knows, but the petition is being seen and getting some attention . . .

Last edited:

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
Hello friends* {{{hugs}}}*
I would like to vote for... 'Jamaican me jump'*sounds yummy* thank you Vapor Punch and PineappleCawks for the contest *
* lots of great ideas here* good luck everyone ..* and have a great day ~

animaatjes-have_a_nice_day-1690997.gif

Last edited:

Pineapplecawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Richmond VA
www.vapor-punch.com
Pardon The Interruption In The Contest . . .

Just in case you haven't seen this . . .

Sign the petition.

Veto the FDA Restrictions on E-Cigarettes

i understand these regulations are going to make us all anxious and nervous (especially owning an e juice company). but lets try an stay on track with this thread. so far we only have 10 votes and considdering we had somewhere over 20 entries i know that there are some more people out there to vote ;)!

so far Jamaican me Jump is winning with 3 votes, and Japanese Please is in second with two votes.

chigal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2012
chicago
I'd vote, but just don't care for the choices

I am not a big fruity flavor person unless it has creme in it; like strawberry cream. So I just voted for the one that appealed to me the most :) I have been starting to come around with fruit flavors though! I am a nutty flavor person!

Same here, but if it's OK to vote for the one that appeals to me the most, it would be China Doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread