The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor residue inside my car.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by brianeharmonjr, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brianeharmonjr

brianeharmonjr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Indiana
    A recent job change, along with the inability to get out of my apartment lease, has resulted in a long commute and a lot more vaping in my car. The result of this is a marked increase in the gunky film that fairly quickly builds on the inside of my windshield and all other surfaces. Anyone else experience this? If so, any ideas for something to possibly apply to the surface of the glass to prevent this from happening, or am I just stuck with more frequent cleaning (or the much more likely decreased visibility due to laziness)?

Sincerely,

The Chain-Vaping Window Gunker

2. element9633

element9633 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    i havnt personally experienced this, but ive read somewhere else about other people having the same scenario. will windex not remove the gunk if you try cleaning the windows?

3. UnclePsyko

UnclePsyko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
  4. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    USA
  5. Requiem33

Requiem33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Open a Window.... and just clean your windows when needed.

6. brianeharmonjr

brianeharmonjr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Whoops, should have done more searching. I'll check out the threads linked above and try to be less lazy about cleaning my car.

7. UnclePsyko

UnclePsyko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
    Heh... that's OK, searching the threads here can be a daunting task due to the sheer size of the forum.

8. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Not only that, improvements to the search engine seem to have made it almost useless.

9. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I search ECF via google.....just works better than the forum search ;)

10. Arnie H

Arnie H Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2013
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I'm a fairly light vaper and not in my car alot, but haven't noticed anything. Of course, I haven't cleaned the inside of my windshield since, well, never have. A benefit of the build up might be increased protection from UV rays, and not having to use your visor. :2cool::vapor::)

11. ncpatches

ncpatches Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    I still crack a window in my truck, to vape, just like I did with analogs, to draw out the vapor.

I noticed the film on the windshield of a rental car when I returned it. I guess they wondered about it, but it was obvious there had been no smoking in the car, so there wasn't much they could do about it, except clean the windshield, which they do automatically anyway. :) Had I smoked enough analogs to leave that film, the car would have REEKED and it didn't, because there was no smoking in the car. But for my truck, yeah, after that incident, I always crack my window.

12. single&cigfree

single&cigfree Full Member Verified Member

Feb 7, 2013
    WA
    I read somewhere they said "Rain X" on the inside of your window works, haven't tried it yet

13. solace.discord

solace.discord Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2011
    Southern Maine
    it's cold in Maine, and I'm not opening the darn windows! I keep Windex and paper towels in the Jeep. does the trick.

14. graybuck

graybuck Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    Oregon
    Rainex creates its own film. not a good option on the inside of the window as vapor just adds to the build-up on the inside of the window. Windex wipes are easy. Just throw a can of them in the car and wipe when needed.

15. inanitydefined

inanitydefined Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

whats worse, is it seems to draw water, that freezes on the inside of the windshield. Not good in these cold winter nights

16. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've read about this over the years on the other threads but never really had a problem with it till now. I switched to 50/50 PG/VG from 70/30 PG/VG (a few months ago) and I've noticed this a lot this winter. I figure it has to do with the VG. I can only imagine what 100% VG juice would do. I bought a pack of windex wipes to keep in the car and wipe the windshield whenever I notice it.. once a week or so.

17. DenimFreak1993

DenimFreak1993 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Mesquite TX
    Yeah I mean I have an old beat up 2001 Accord and it get's pretty bad sometimes. But I mean it's halfway destroyed anyway. (Only I could possibly see through anything with this car.) Haha but long story short I think it just depends on your car and car condition.

18. irwink

irwink CASAA Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2010
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Buy a motorcycle. End of problem.

19. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    VG seems to be worse than PG.

20. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I wait til the car is warmed up to vape, I exhale down towards the instrument panel or my lap.

No major build up yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.