Vapor Shark dna40 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastatom85

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Broomfield; CO
Hey I just received in the vapor shark dna40; I am really enjoying it so far; the size is amazing; the battery life is meh :? the way the battery meter reads is confusing, but my real question is the ohm reading. I check my coil on my separate reader and i get a solid read out of .26 when it is on my device though the ohm reading will drop to .24 when i hit the firing button; Is this normal? could it be sensing a connection issues with my screws? any help would be highly appreciated.

mastatom85

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Broomfield; CO
I see that quite often on my devices. I'm not sure if there's a plus/minus factor involved in devices that measure ohms but if so, plus or minus a couple hundredths isn't too shabby.

Thanks for such a direct answer; That is what I kept thinking; maybe it had something to do with how the wire was heating up and how that would effect the resistance. I was just super cautious at first; kept double checking my battery and checked all my connections within my atty. I just have not herd of this issue in any of my research; i kept reading issues about the battery screen readout; which i began to understand; but was unable to find a discussion on this topic. I must say I am very impressed with the over all device; it just has a bunch of little quirks that will keep me busy for the next couple weeks figuring out.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
FWIW, when you start getting into the 100th's of an ohm (.0X) your likely not going to get the same reading from two different devices. The only way to get exact is with equipment a lot more sophisticated than most use for vaping. As for the ohms dropping when you fire, that's the resistance of the wire changing as it heats and cools as another user has already said. I have noticed as long as I have been vaping whether it's with a premade coil or something I build myself that over time the resistance will go up the longer I use the coil. I have built many dual coil setups that start at say .62 and after a couple weeks settle in at .70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread