Vapor Shark rDNA 30 problem with display

Status
Not open for further replies.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I recently recieved a rDNA 30 and everything was good out of the box. I purchased it on 10/10 and recieved it about 10 days later. In the last few days the display has started to not light as brightly. The left side of the display is now unreadable (the part with the battery indicator, ohms/volts) and the wattage part is significantly less bright. I also have the smaller vapor shark dna 30 which the display is flawless and significantly brighter.

Has anyone every had a similar problem with an evolve dna 30 board? I've only used 1.8 ohm nautilus and kanger aerotanks on it. I've used several different sony vtc4 batteries. At the rate its going today my display will be nonexistent. When it goes to the "dim" mode after firing it is unreadable.

I don't want to open the part of the box with the guts as I think that voids the warranty...So I'll wait to hear from them.

I think it is under warranty for 30 days...I just hate the idea of sending it off and waiting, who knows how long, to get it back.

I've emailed vapor shark this morning but have yet to hear back from them.

I want to like this thing but the whole experience has been a trainwreck. I order it for $189.00 and a couple days later they lower the price to $169.00 (bad timing on my part) It ships with a Panasonic battery, I add to my order a Sony VTC4 and they ship an additional Panasonic battery?

:closedeyes:

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
Vaporshark contacted me and have sent a return shipping label. I am sending it back for warranty repair. I like the thing...I just don't have patience for stuff that fails. They responded promptly and they get points for that. Hopefully the repair will swift and I'll get the thing back soon.

I thought about getting the rdna 40...but instead bought a Hana modz dna 40 that is arriving today.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
Thisis the issue...

IMAG1006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread