Vapor Shark rDNA, safety question

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone, I am in the market to buy a new mod. I really like the rDNA but I was curious about safety features. I went on the web site and didn't see anything as far as safety features listed. Does it have features like the Provari does? Also, I didn't see a venting area for the battery, does it have a vent hole some where?

Thank you

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Thank you, I didn't even think about looking for the board it's self. That helped. Here is the information I found.

The DNA system lets anyone build Evolv's revolutionary power regulated technology into their own products. The DNA 30D is a power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter for personal vaporizers. It offers controlled power from 7 to 30 watts, runs from a single lithium cell and includes protective features such as overcurrent, over and undervoltage protection and a thermal shutdown. It features a small OLED display, analog or digital user controls, power adjust lock, onboard buttons and synchronous rectification for maximum battery life and minimal heat generation.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The biggest difference is reverse battery protection. The DNA 30 doesn't have it natively but then again the Provari chip doesn't either to my knowledge. It does have reverse battery protection tho added as in the Provari won't make a connection if you put it in backwards, that's why you can only use nipple tops with it.

Some mods that use the DNA 30 have added reverse battery protection also like the ZNA but I'm not sure about others like the rDNA. Personally it's no big deal to me I just make sure to insert the battery correctly but others might want it...at any rate that's the biggest difference.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
Gentle reminder to all with rDna's - there is no reverse polarity protection (I believe this is the way it is with most Evolve dna devices -to the best of my knowledge)- positive and negative is clearly marked - someone in the main rDna thread inserted it the wrong way and ended up with a fried board...

Hope this helps

Best regards and vape safe

Tonyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread