Status
Not open for further replies.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi all,

I started last thread about HHV juice and pg and vg ratios but really the sad story is I've been vaping on some crappy juice lately. Been exclusively vaping one flavor ( menthol tobacco) from Pinkspot for almost two months .. It was good then bam one day it tasted terrible and chemically! I was panicked and drove to their store ( freakin complete other side of town from me!) I had 5 bottles of 30 ml I had just restocked on! Anyway they tested and tested by 5 different people and all said it was fine and it was me I had developed vapor tongue. I tried the rest of their tobacco flavors and all tasted like crap! Went home with a few fruity flavors that were tolerable but those ate not tasting so great either now :( I'm sad and frustrated and thought about my old analogs for a while today. But I won't go back! I've come to far and my health is too important to me but.. vaping on ....ty tasting juice sucks. :( I think my tastebuds and tongue are broken right now. :(

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks for sharing Suzy. It seems to happen to many, if not most, of us sooner or later. Recommendations I've seen:

Water! As in drink a lot of it regularly.
Cinnamon and strong mint Vapes like peppermint to waken up those taste buds. Mints might not help you as much with the menthol history.
Biotene was stated by robin (I think) in the other thread.
More water!
Rotate flavors during these trying times.
Spicy foods, if you can handle it. If you're already eating spicy foods, maybe stop.
Time, give yourself time to recover, it will happen.

Good luck kid!

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Thanks for sharing Suzy. It seems to happen to many, if not most, of us sooner or later. Recommendations I've seen:

Water! As in drink a lot of it regularly.
Cinnamon and strong mint Vapes like peppermint to waken up those taste buds. Mints might not help you as much with the menthol history.
Biotene was stated by robin (I think) in the other thread.
More water!
Rotate flavors during these trying times.
Spicy foods, if you can handle it. If you're already eating spicy foods, maybe stop.
Time, give yourself time to recover, it will happen.

Good luck kid!

Tx Carbonthief,

Been drinking a lot of water and will def try the Biotine. Just knowing most people go thru this makes me feel better .. Just hope this is over soon! Can't wait for my HHV juices to get here.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tx Carbonthief,

Been drinking a lot of water and will def try the Biotine. Just knowing most people go thru this makes me feel better .. Just hope this is over soon! Can't wait for my HHV juices to get here.

You're in for a treat Suzy, you have no idea! Of course I'm assuming they will fit your taste, and have no way of knowing that, but I am hoping! Do you have the link to HHV army sub forum social group yet? If not I will go get it and post it here so you can drop by there whenever and share your thoughts and questions, get other recommendations etc.

Wish I had known MF :( now I have broken tongue.
Do you have menthols that are like Vic's Vapor Rub?
Or subtle menthols, or both?

I have this one vape, not gonna name names...but it's vape-o-rub all day...sinus clearer. It's definitely a candidate to coat your tongue and start altering bud receptivity.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Wish I had known MF :( now I have broken tongue.

Your tongue will come back. It's not hopelessly lost and will be back and working soon. The most I have read is two weeks. Lay off the menthol for a week, drink water, brush your tongue when you brush your teeth and try the Biotene.

Another thing, French inhale or exhaling through the nose might trigger taste. You know how when you get a cold and the nose is stuffed up, you can't taste food really well? The nose also helps to get the flavor of the vapor. It's kind of like the nose tells your taste buds what you are smelling is supposed to taste like.

I hope they come back for you soon :(

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hi all,

I started last thread about HHV juice and pg and vg ratios but really the sad story is I've been vaping on some crappy juice lately. Been exclusively vaping one flavor ( menthol tobacco) from Pinkspot for almost two months .. It was good then bam one day it tasted terrible and chemically! I was panicked and drove to their store ( freakin complete other side of town from me!) I had 5 bottles of 30 ml I had just restocked on! Anyway they tested and tested by 5 different people and all said it was fine and it was me I had developed vapor tongue. I tried the rest of their tobacco flavors and all tasted like crap! Went home with a few fruity flavors that were tolerable but those ate not tasting so great either now :( I'm sad and frustrated and thought about my old analogs for a while today. But I won't go back! I've come to far and my health is too important to me but.. Vaping on ....ty tasting juice sucks. :( I think my tastebuds and tongue are broken right now. :(

While I do not necessarily disagree that the problem is "vapor tongue," what I am thinking a major part of this issue (for you) is single vendor/juice exhaustion. These are the times when we can be caught off guard by our once beloved vendor and flavors that have reached their sticking point. I got caught with my pants down when this happened to me as I didn't have any other vendor, at least well stocked, so I was back on the hunt. It can be frustrating, but a new juice/vendor can sometimes take that tired tongue/palate and hit F5-refresh! Good luck getting back to your sweet spot.

p.s. I never was able to rekindle the appreciation for those vendors that I got exhausted from.

Last edited:

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
"Tell me about your vapor's tongue"...

Well, mine is pink and currently covered in taste duds, none of my tasty juice tastes tasty or juicey right now :( I have a shipment arriving today from another vendor but I can't decide if I should try it today to jumpstart my duds or let it steep since I may very well not appreciate it today. Bah humbug!!

usmc2846

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
I have a big bag of Ricola coughdrops (lemon menthol?) from Costco and a 2-liter of Diet Ginger Ale (not overpoweringly sweet). Seems to cleanse the palate pretty well and helps to re-awaken the tasteduds quicker. I also noticed that I seemed to be having allergy issues with the wide temperature swings here in Virginia lately. Some store-brand allergy medication helped with that :2cool:

joelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Virginia
I have a big bag of Ricola coughdrops (lemon menthol?) from Costco and a 2-liter of Diet Ginger Ale (not overpoweringly sweet). Seems to cleanse the palate pretty well and helps to re-awaken the tasteduds quicker. I also noticed that I seemed to be having allergy issues with the wide temperature swings here in Virginia lately. Some store-brand allergy medication helped with that :2cool:

Yep, woke up Sunday morning with a full on allergy attack, haven't been able to taste anything for a couple of days. The worst part is I'm already taking 2 different prescription antihistamines so I'm just screwed when I have an attack. I honestly think I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. We had to shoot a pool tournament Sat afternoon/evening and it was so incredibly smoky in the place. That and the weather just made a double whammy, was sooooo happy to be able to taste my good juice again today! Happy Vaper Dance!!!!!

94civic3door

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
kentucky
I did the same thing....i did fire and ice for 3 months,one day out of the blue,it changed into a nasty pickle and dirty sock taste....I spazed went to the local b&m and was like wth is this some kind of joke? they all tested it and said nothing is wrong,I took it to my buddy who was doing fire and ice,and he said it was fine! It sucked so bad for about 2 weeks,every thing was muted

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I did the same thing....i did fire and ice for 3 months,one day out of the blue,it changed into a nasty pickle and dirty sock taste....I spazed went to the local b&m and was like wth is this some kind of joke? they all tested it and said nothing is wrong,I took it to my buddy who was doing fire and ice,and he said it was fine! It sucked so bad for about 2 weeks,every thing was muted

Two weeks? That seems like forever but I'm glad to hear your stories and see I'm not alone here. Guess I shouldn't have bought 5 30ml bottles :( HHV juice hurry and get here!!! )

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yep, woke up Sunday morning with a full on allergy attack, haven't been able to taste anything for a couple of days. The worst part is I'm already taking 2 different prescription antihistamines so I'm just screwed when I have an attack. I honestly think I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. We had to shoot a pool tournament Sat afternoon/evening and it was so incredibly smoky in the place. That and the weather just made a double whammy, was sooooo happy to be able to taste my good juice again today! Happy Vaper Dance!!!!!

Nice avatar. I really dig it. Glad the old taste buds are back for you.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Two weeks? That seems like forever but I'm glad to hear your stories and see I'm not alone here. Guess I shouldn't have bought 5 30ml bottles :( HHV juice hurry and get here!!! )

You know about steeping HHV, right? You may want to give them about a week when you get them. There is a section in the HHV thread Robino was talking about on steeping for the specific types of juice. If you want to try them sooner, it is fine, but they definitely improve with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread