Vaporesso Aurora gurgle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDryTortuga

Dec 8, 2017
Anybody on this forum using the Vaporesso Aurora? I've had mine about 2 months now and I absolutely love it on so many levels! Its simply the best MTL stealth vape I've ever come across. I am however having a horrible and very annoying problem with gurgling. A small amount of juice repeatedly forms in the chimney just above the coil. Its easy to fix by just turning the tank upside down and sucking the pool/drop/puddle down the chimney and thru the mouthpiece (and getting a decent blast of flavor and a healthy jolt of nicotine in the process), but 5 or 15 minutes later, the gurgle is back. I figure I'm probably just drawing too hard and sucking juice thru the coil with the negative pressure. Anybody else having this problem with this unit?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Iirc it’s a coil head tank, yes? There’s something’s up in there to cause the leakage. Misaligned coil, missing O-ring, something.

In the mean time another way to clear a gurgle is to shake the liquid out rather than suck it out if you want. This can be a bit messy and is best done over a trash can or some such.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
GENERAL VAPING TIPS:

Flooding is a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. The definition of flooding is getting juice into the air passage of the tank. This can include any point between the mouth piece and the very bottom part that connects to the battery. Each tank has holes in that air passage, where the wicks passthrough. This is required for the device to work properly. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibility for flooding. The trick with flooding, is knowing how to avoid it. I’ll explain a little more, but a few common causes for flooding a tank include: improper filling, over filling, pulling too hard when hitting the device, and the temperature can even play a role and/or damage.

Before I get into the explanation, let me explain how an e-cig works a little more in depth. Nearly every tank has a cotton wick that is used to absorb the juice in the tank. This wick cuts through the air passage. Each wick has a piece of wire that wraps around it in a coil. When you activate the button on the battery, you send electricity through the wire. As the wire heats up, it vaporizes the juice that is in the wick.

Improper Filling: When filling your tank, you have to be careful not to get juice into the center tube of the tank. This center tube is the air passage. When you take a draw, air comes from the bottom of the tank, through the air passage and into your mouth. If you get juice into this passage way, your tank is flooded.

Over Filling: If you over fill a tank (specifically a top coil like the ones that come with the starter kits and gift boxes), the wicks can become over saturated and just like a rain cloud, they will leak into the air passage. Once this happens, you have a flooded tank.

Pulling Too Hard: As I mentioned the wicks absorb the juice in the tank. As you pull on the device, you cause a vacuum effect that pulls juice into the wicks. If you pull too hard, you can pull in more juice then the coil can vaporize. If this happens, the juice leaks into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

A longer, gentler draw works better than a short hard draw.

Temperature: E-Juice is a viscous liquid. Which means that as it warms up, it will thin out. And in the opposite form, it will thicken when it gets cold. When it thins, it is more difficult for the wicks to hold back the thin juice. This usually causes the wicks to over saturate and, you guessed it, it will leak into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Damage: There are o-rings and gaskets used that can wear out with usage. If certain ones fail or get lost, leaking will occur, in turn flooding the air passage and causing you to have a flooded tank. Other than accidentally losing something, damage can occur when its carried in a purse or a pocket or by over tightening the tank to the battery. Over tightening is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates.

Why tanks leak! my contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread