Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for another review. Today we have a pod system from vaporesso that has a very minimalistic simple design to it that is featherlight with no buttons making it very easy for the user to operate. vaporesso has been releasing quite a few devices lately that run the gamut from full size to like todays review device small. As always we will get to know a little bit more in detail about the device then I'll give you my findings later on.

COLORS

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Full_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE BARR

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Package.JPG

The Barr comes nicely packaged sitting in a tray that pulls out of the box.

20200906_090943.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Specification.JPG

TYPE-C 0.5 AMP CHARGING

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Type_C.JPG

The charging port is located on the bottom of the device

20200906_145550.jpg

VERY LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Introduction.JPG

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Protection.JPG

BARR POD SYSTEM BREAKDOWN

Vaporesso_BARR_Pod_System_Kit_7_.jpg

4 AIRFLOW OPTIONS

Vaporesso_BARR_Kit_Airflow.JPG

The Barr offers a different type of airflow settings, with the Pod itself being cube shaped you are able to get 4 different options by rotating the pod cartridge . At the very bottom of the Pod cartridge there are air symbols inside of a circle that range from 1-4 airflow symbols, simply pick the airflow you want and insert the cartridge into the pod with the airflow symbol facing the 5 air inlets on the device. Here is a couple of pictures of the symbols with 1 being the tightest and 4 being the most loose setting.

20200907_065844.jpg

20200907_065444.jpg

barr-vaporesso_0000_Calque%207.jpg

The Cartridge uses a 1.2Ω mesh coil that is easily filled by opening the rubber plug located on the side of the cartridge. The hole fits a gorilla bottle tip easily and is mess free. Also the rubber plug can be rotated away making the filling process easier for the user.

20200906_132008.jpg

20200906_134853.jpg

When you first open the box and pull the cartridge from the device you will notice a red sticker Vaporesso applies to prevent premature firing of the device before filling it first, simply fill the cartridge with juice and let it sit for 10 minutes then pull off the red sticker and it's ready to vape.

20200906_131714.jpg

The Barr uses a very unique shaped mouth piece that is connected with the cartridge that has to be in the shape it is because of the way the airflow system is designed, because of this shape the user will find it much easier to use by holding the device on it's corners.

20200906_131833.jpg

As I said earlier the Barr has no buttons and is draw activated only. Installing the cartridge you will hear it click into place very secure. Inside the device itself you can see the 2 contacts for the coil inside the cartridge and the auto draw switch along with the 5 air inlet holes on the device itself.

20200906_133559.jpg

One thing I have to point out again is the device is much easier to use holding the corners and not the flat side of the device, it's no problem because the Barr is featherlight and you quickly get used to it. Because the Barr utilizes a 350 mAH battery you will not get a full day's use or even a half day's use, remember the Barr gives you 11 watts output and on a 350 mAH battery that does not last very long.

In my usage I get about 3 to 4 hrs of use or a cartridge and almost another half before the Barr needs recharging and there is no battery indicator to let you know it's getting low and time to charge so when you go through a cartridge full of juice I would recharge the Barr.

I would class the Barr as a MTL device and recommend Nic Salts for a even better experience using the Barr. The airflow settings don't really change in a very big way and the auto draw for me worked best on the #1 setting which is the lowest-tightest and my favorite of the 4 airflow settings. For what the Barr is intend for I feel it performs very well with very good flavor as well as a passible throat hit and enough vapor to make me happy.

20200907_090138.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Barr will get you through a few hrs of errands without having to bring a larger device and give the user that is a MTL type of vaper a satisfying use. It's featherlight and very pocketable and I've enjoyed using it and will continue to use it.

I would like to thank Chelsea and Vaporesso for providing the Barr for review and I hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Barr.

Thank You
    Bigbob2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks Hitt, I know you have the Barr because I've read your review on it, I've been using it for a period of 2 weeks and have been happy with it's performance, any long term report you can add.

I used it for a little while after doing the review and liked it well enough for what it was designed for. It was a great little pod to carry in a shirt pocket for me because I have to stealth vape at work and it would last me through the work day. I just can't vape much at work. I didn't spend a lot of time with it after the review simply because at the time I had several other items waiting to be reviewed. It did take a little getting used to holding it on the pointed edge instead of flat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread