Vaporesso Battery amperage and coils question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadhemi

Jan 11, 2018
Tunisie
about.me
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the vaping world, I got the Vaporesso Veco Solo Plus, it comes with a 3300mAh integrated battery and 2 coils, a traditional 0.16 and a ceramic coil 0.3.
I recently experienced leaking, so I changed the traditional coil with the ceramic coil. what I've noticed is a huge difference in battery life and the ejuice lasts much longer.
I'm trying to understand how this battery works, like since it's an unregulated mod how many watts does it release per click ( max, min..) I'm not sure if I'm asking this question right but I hope someone gets my confusion and clear this out for me?
Thank you!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Very basic answer. I'm sure people will come out of the cracks to blow a simple explanation into a 30 page thesis with 12 page discussion, but here it comes.

Pretend your vaporizer is a vehicle on a highway. It's trying to drive the same speed regardless of what coil you put in.

The smaller wheels (0.16) are going to need to spin faster while the bigger wheels (0.3) won't need as much speed to keep up.

Using a smaller tire coil (0.16) will need more battery to keep it spinning at a higher speed. It also burns more juice.

Hadhemi

Jan 11, 2018
Tunisie
about.me
Very basic answer. I'm sure people will come out of the cracks to blow a simple explanation into a 30 page thesis with 12 page discussion, but here it comes.

Pretend your vaporizer is a vehicle on a highway. It's trying to drive the same speed regardless of what coil you put in.

The smaller wheels (0.16) are going to need to spin faster while the bigger wheels (0.3) won't need as much speed to keep up.

Using a smaller tire coil (0.16) will need more battery to keep it spinning at a higher speed. It also burns more juice.
Great analogy! Now does this battery gives a constant 40 watts per click til it runs out or it's not constant and depends on the current charging state?

Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Great analogy! Now does this battery gives a constant 40 watts per click til it runs out or it's not constant and depends on the current charging state?

The thing about an AiO is you're right, it's kind of like an unregulated mod. It will output a certain voltage based on how much battery you have left.

The wattage changes based on the voltage it outputs and the coil you use.

Think of it this way:

Voltage = Speed Limit
Resitance (ohms) = Size of the Wheel
Wattage = Speed of the spinning tire (higher wattage = spinning faster/higher voltage)

As the battery gets lower and that speed limit gets lower, the wheels will start spinning more slowly.

Last edited:

Hadhemi

Jan 11, 2018
Tunisie
about.me
The thing about an AiO is you're right, it's kind of like an unregulated mod. It will output a certain voltage based on how much battery you have left.

The wattage changes based on the voltage it outputs and the coil you use.

Think of it this way:

Voltage = Speed Limit
Resitance (ohms) = Size of the Wheel
Wattage = Speed of the spinning tire (higher wattage = spinning faster/higher voltage)

As the battery gets lower and that speed limit gets lower, the wheels will start spinning more slowly.
Thank you so much for your replies!
One last thing, for such unregulated mods, what are the recommanded resistance coils?

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Thank you so much for your replies!
One last thing, for such unregulated mods, what are the recommanded resistance coils?

Depends on the mod. In your case I think the 0.3 would be much better because it's underpowered already for it.

From what I saw it uses a regular veco tank but that is built into the mod. I have the same one and use the ceramic coils at 47.5-52.5W. Yours has a max output of 40W.

Edit: I haven't touched my veco tank in months. I'm more of an RTA kind of guy. Just pulled it out again and this little tank is pretty decent though. I think it's underappreciated.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hadhemi

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Whatever one you like, higher ohm will give you less power and vapor but battery and juice will last longer. In general the coils last longer too since your running less juice through them. It's usually the cotton that goes bad long before the coil.

Keep in mind with 40W on a 0.16 coil you may end up getting less vapor. The 0.2 EUC coil on the website has a suggested 50-70W. At 40W maximum it may not be enough to get most out of it.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Oh I didn't notice the max 40w. The 0.3 ceramic and 0.3 clapton are the only ones but if thats the case I'd use the 0.16. I find unregulated and suggested wattages to high for me usually. I wouldn't be shocked if its like the Pico Squeeze 50w max or whatever it was though... a total lie. It ran whatever you put in it, way over 50w.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the vaping world, I got the Vaporesso Veco Solo Plus, it comes with a 3300mAh integrated battery and 2 coils, a traditional 0.16 and a ceramic coil 0.3.
I recently experienced leaking, so I changed the traditional coil with the ceramic coil. what I've noticed is a huge difference in battery life and the ejuice lasts much longer.
I'm trying to understand how this battery works, like since it's an unregulated mod how many watts does it release per click ( max, min..) I'm not sure if I'm asking this question right but I hope someone gets my confusion and clear this out for me?
Thank you!
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you understand Ohms law a little better.
Might like to read:
Mech mods & RBAs: Basic to advanced user guide: Pts. one & two | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread