Vaporesso Degree Review - Small Got Mightier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
A review of the Degree Pod sent to me by Vaporesso for the purposes of this review the Lava version

Unboxing

· vaporesso Degree Pod System
· 1 x 0.6ohm Degree Mesh Pod 16–22W Recommended
· 1 x 1.3ohm Degree CCELL Pod 7-12.5W Recommended
· 10mL Refill Bottle
· USB Cable
· Warranty Card
· User Guide

Degree Specs

· Axon Chipset
· Dimensions - 90.5mm by 41.5mm by 16.5mm
· Integrated 950mAh Rechargeable Battery 2A Charging
· Wattage Output Range: 5-30W
· Automatic Coil Detection and Adjustment
· Pulse Mode
· Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
· 0.69” OLED Display Screen
· Adjustable Airflow Control
· Magnetic 2mL Refillable Pod – Coil Not Replaceable
· Push To Fill System
· Dry Hit Protection – Low juice Level
· 90.5 x 16.45 x 41.5 mm
· Degree is available in Marble, Lava, Red, Blue, Silver Carbon Fiber, Grey Carbon Fiber

First Impressions

It's a really good looking device, everything you need is included, 10ml bottle is a nice touch for when you are out and about. It’s extremely well built, arguably one of the best built pod systems on the market, feels terrific in the hand.

Set Up & Use

The pod is easy to fill with regular bottles. It has the push to fill system, I had no leakage, spillage, or spit back, it is easy to see your level and you can fill with the pod in place. Make sure you always have the ribbon behind the pod when putting it back. I intentionally put it in without the ribbon second time to see how difficult in was, believe me you don’t want to do that, not impossible though. The magnets on both the pod and door are very nicely done just the right amount of tension on both. The door is zinc alloy and is nicely weighted, doesn’t feel cheap or flimsy.

The Degree Auto Detects the pod being used and sets Wattage for that coil which is a nice feature for a pod system. The CCell coil has a max of 12.5W and the Mesh a Max of 22W, I found I like to use them at 12W and 20W respectively.

Up and down buttons together to reset the puff counter, down button and fire button brightness control, fire button three times system lock, fire button up and down button gives you the firmware.

I found that I preferred the Mesh Pod, not that the CCell is bad it’s not, it is one of the better ones out there. However, the Mesh is the best pod I have found yet, with the juice I use, the flavor is outstanding, I actually use that Mesh Pod for both MTL and RDL. I like the airflow three quarter open for RDL and a little less than a quarter for MTL both with the Mesh pod. Vapor production is really good for a pod system.

Overall Conclusion

Cons - Which are subjective, some people will find these a con, others won’t. Disposable pods are always contentious, a number of people don’t like the idea of throwing them away. This is not an issue for me, I can send them to be recycled by the County.

Pros – Build Quality is fantastic, the buttons are very nice got a good click to them, no movement at all. It sits nicely in the hand, feels great and is easily pocketable. Coil detection is a big plus, if you happen to put the CCell in after using the Mesh you are not going to get dry hits or burning. Auto low juice level detection a big asset, as it the bottle they supply, very useful on the go. The screen is nice and vibrant and 2A charging is always an advantage. Magnets are really good on both the pod and the door. I use the Degree every day in the car and while at work, it’s definitely staying in my rotation. Vaporesso did a really good job with this one, so good I bought the Wife one as well.

Suggestions

I would like to see some new pods come out with replaceable coils and type C charging is the way of the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgiaGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread