Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks. I can set watts when in TC mode too, I guess I just follow what the coil says still?
I wasn't thinking of that, good point, I don't use those coils but I use .5 coils and I like 75watts at 480 degrees F so maybe that can give you an idea. I would just start lower and find what you like. As long as you start low you don't risk damaging your coils, better safe than sorry.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Great! I envy you as the Tarot Mini seems to be unavailable in my country after the TPD2 became valid law just 8 days ago.

But anyway, I own a Tarot Pro, a Nebula, an Attitude, and 2 Tarot Nanos, along with Estoc and Veco tanks.
All these have the same Omni chip and the same user interface as your Tarot Mini.

If you have any questions about switching to TCR mode (M1 or M2), let me know.

You will probably still have a EUC Traditional Clapton Kanthal coil which must be used in power mode. Do not throw it away. It works nicely for me in CCW mode with
40W at start,
28W at second 1, and
22W thereafter.

Regards
aLyr

Reactions: stols001

jayw1

Apr 12, 2017
wweforums.net
Great! I envy you as the Tarot Mini seems to be unavailable in my country after the TPD2 became valid law just 8 days ago.

But anyway, I own a Tarot Pro, a Nebula, an Attitude, and 2 Tarot Nanos, along with Estoc and Veco tanks.
All these have the same Omni chip and the same user interface as your Tarot Mini.

If you have any questions about switching to TCR mode (M1 or M2), let me know.

You will probably still have a EUC Traditional Clapton Kanthal coil which must be used in power mode. Do not throw it away. It works nicely for me in CCW mode with
40W at start,
28W at second 1, and
22W thereafter.

Regards
aLyr

I'm affected by the TPD also, but they still sell it.
Vaping on the kanthal coil now actually, not sure how to use CCW mode though.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Well, the TPD is a EU directive which can be implemented differently in member countries.
Some are more strict than others.

If you are using a EUC Kanthal coil today, you can switch to CCW mode like this:
  1. use long clicks on the mode button until you get to power mode (Watt or CCW being displayed)
  2. use 3 short clicks on the mode button to get a choice of VW or CCW
  3. single short clicks on the mode button will now change between VW an CCW, your choice being highlighted
  4. when you made your choice of CCW, click and hold the mode button; a custom curve with 10 vertical bars will be displayed, one per second; the power in Watt for the currently selected (wider) bar is shown on the left side of the display
  5. adjust the power as desired with "+" and "-" buttons
  6. a short click on the mode button will lead you to the next vertical bar (next second, that is); here, repeat 5.
  7. once you are finished with all 10 vertical bars, press and hold the mode button until you see the custom curve in your display instead of Watt
Please know that there is a timeout here which brings you to your former setting.

I suggest that you first try your Kanthal coil in Watt mode to find the power setting which suits you well while drawing more than 5 seconds.
After that, try CCW with twice the found Watt setting in second 1 and 1.5 times the found Watt setting in second 2.
The remainder from second 3 to 10 ought to be equal to what you found in the first place.
These are my recommended settings to start with.

With such a setting, you will get a boost in the first 2 seconds of drawing. The coil will heat up faster.
By the way, this behaviour is similar to a SS or other TC coil ran in a TC mode.

I hope this can help you.

Regards
aLyr

Last edited:

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
You may not be used to this, but though strange, does it suit you well or not?
If not, you may change the CCW setting according to what you like for a good vaping experience, perhaps using lower values.
My Nebula with a EUC Clapton coil works nicely for me with a 40/28/22 CCW setting.
You might try 35/25/20.

My EUC ceramic SS316 coils in TC mode M1 set to 120 TCR start at 40..60W, going down to 10..20W. With this, the coils will not be burnt even if I am not drawing.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Glad to read that you found a CCW setting suiting you well.

When it comes to coils, I like both EUC Traditional Clapton and EUC ceramic SS316, whatever their resistance may be. In a regulated mod, this does not matter anyway.

Taste of liquids?
For me, this does not depend on the type of tank, but rather the liquid manufacturer.
Having started with GermanFlavours, thereafter Flavour Art of Italy, I now prefer HERRLAN, which are excellent and located in my region at that.
E.g., you would like their tobacco MaXX or peach aromas, and more.

If you want to change to EUC ceramic SS316 coils, I suggest to switch to mode M1 or M2 with a TCR setting of 120 and a temperature of ~270°C/520°F.
Should this not be enough, either raise the temperature setting or the TCR setting.

Regards
aLyr

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
OK,

first, with EUC SS316 coils, lock the coil resistance on your mod.

Then try to set the mod's TCR value to 120, and the temperature to 270°C/520°F.

Do you have a Vaporesso mod or not?

Regards
aLyr
Would you not feel 520F is very high for this coil? I tried tc at 400F and very muted flavour but was unsure of going higher.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread