hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello once again and welcome back for yet another review. In a previous review I covered the Forz TX80 mod with the Forz tank. Today I will be taking a look at the Forz rda. I am not really an rda user with any regularity but do use one on occasion for flavor testing. I recently reviewed another rda so I am gaining a little more experience with them and have to say that I like this one a little bit better. Let’s see what’s included and take a look at some pictures.

upload_2020-11-18_8-30-34.jpg

What’s in the box?

• Vaporesso FORZ TX80 RDA
    • 2x coil
    • 4x screw
    • Squonk BF pin
    • Drip tip adaptor (510)
    • Spare 810 drip tip
    • 4x O-rings
    • Screwdriver
    • Hexagon wrench
    • User Manual

Specifications:

First Impressions:

When I opened the rda, the packaging was pretty normal. Like I mentioned before, I don’t use rdas very much but was very curious about this one since it’s the first one I’ve seen from Vaporesso. Everything I’ve reviewed from them in the past has used drop in coils. I immediately took it apart for cleaning and examination. I noticed that the deck terminals were angled and have been told that this is very similar to the Dead Rabbit rda. I personally do not know since I have never used one or seen one in person but would not be surprised. It’s very common in the vaping world to see similar designs on different devices.

There are basically four pieces to the rda. The build deck, the main barrel, and the airflow control ring, and of course the drip tip. I found it interesting at first that there are two options on the airflow. You can use the two large slotted holes or the honeycomb airflow with many holes that can be adjusted to get many different airflow options. I very much like that there are two drip tips included with the rda. I personally do not like the short wide bore drip tips that come with many rdas and rtas. I of course immediately took off the short tip and installed the longer one with a nice swirled color pattern.

When installing the coils in the deck, I paid attention to the height of the coils so that the airflow would hit the sides of the coils. The coils read .19 on the Forz TX80 mod with both coils installed. I liked that the slotted deck screws were a little bigger than some others that I’ve seen which made it a little easier for me to see. I was a little surprised that there wasn’t any cotton included with the rda. I’m wondering if that was just a mistake or what.

I quickly found that I preferred the honeycomb airflow for better flavor production. If you were just trying to run very high watts and want to get the most vapor production then the large slotted holes would work better for that. I however wanted the best flavor I could get from it so preferred the honeycomb airflow with nine of the small holes exposed. I was running at 47 watts. The first puff was a little cool but after that I found the temperature of the vapor to be just right and very flavorful in my opinion. I don’t use squonk mods myself but there is a squonk pin included with it.

Final Thoughts:

With my limited knowledge of different rdas, I found myself very much liking the Forz RDA. I felt like the smoothness of the airflow along with good flavor was a real win for me. I honestly don’t care if the same style deck is used on other rdas or not. As long as the rda performs well then that is what is important to me. After all, how many tanks out there used the velocity style deck? A bunch. The simple addition of a longer drip tip made a difference to me personally. Also having the option of dual slots or honeycomb on the airflow should fit many people’s needs. I found all threading and moving parts to be smooth and easily moveable. The airflow control was easy enough to move without being accidentally turned.

So would I recommend the Forz RDA? Yes, I would if you would like an rda that can be used as a dripper or squonk and produces good flavor and in my opinion plenty of vapor.

Thanks to Jasmine and Vaporesso for sending the Forz RDA for review and thanks to any and all readers of this review. Below is a link if you’d like to look for yourself.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-tanks/forz-tx80-rda

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Looks like a great RDA! Kinda just like the dead animal I'm vaping on now. I have to get one when they get them in stock.

I’m not an rda user normally but I’m using it right now and really like it.

Reactions: Resistance
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread