Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at two of the latest offerings from vaporesso on the subject of Box mod Kit, these are the Gen 200 & Gen 80 S.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish both Kits. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood these products, and therefore decide whether to invest in them or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Ultralight Mods: The GEN 200 and 80 S are the lightest double / single battery Mods in the catalog, even 40% lighter than the original GEN.
    • 2. Powerful AXON CHIP inside: Multiple functions with Pulse mode, F (T) mode and VW mode
    • 3. Innovative iTank: Turbo Airflow system and self-cleaning liquid system for a better vaping experience
    • 4. iTank compatible with GTi Coils: 0.2Ω, 0.4Ω, 0.15Ω and the next 0.5Ω for more vaping options.
    Enjoy the reading.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-2.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Packaging:
    Both elegant as packaging, with white background and silver edges . On the front side of the boxes is present; the brand, the name of the manufacturer, the image of the device, the writing in large letters in silver color (GEN 200 / Gen 80S) and a sticky icon that represents the award received by vaping360.com for iTank, as the best SubOhm tank of 2022.

On the back of the packages there are the specifications, the packing list, the address of Shenzhen Smoore Technology Limited (Vaporesso), a bar code, indications on the color of the sample contained in the package, instructions for use, logos & trademarks as required by law.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-3.jpg

On the remaining sides of the packages we find; Product name with giant characters, new Vaporesso logo presented in March 2022, contact information, hologram, scratch & Check.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-4.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Packing List:
    1 * Vaporesso GEN 200 / GEN 80 S Mod
    1 * Vaporesso iTank 8ml (for GEN 200)
    1 * Vaporesso iTank 5ml (for GEN 80 S)
    1 * 0.2Ω GTi Mesh Coil (installed)
    1 * 0.4Ω GTi Mesh Coil
    1 * Replacement Glass Tube
    3 * O-ring
    1 * USB Type-C Charging Cable
    1 * User Manual
    1 * Warranty Card

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-5.jpg

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-6.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 Kit; Specification:
    • Dimensions: 138.5 x 44 x 29mm
    • iTank dimensions 24.5x55mm (Drip Tip included)
    • Weight of the Mod: 75g
    • Weight of the tank: 65g
    • Atomizer capacity: 8ml
    • Top filling system
    • Leak-proof autocirculation system
    • Mesh Coil GTi 0.2Ω 60-75W
    • Mesh Coil GTi 0.4Ω 50-60W
    • Battery: 2 x 18650 (not included)
    • Output power: 5-220W
    • Modes: Wattage, Pulse Mode and F (t) Mode
    • Power: S (oft), N (ormal) or H (ard)
    • Charging current: DC 5V / 2A type C
    • Display: 0.96 "TFT color screen

► Vaporesso Gen 80 S Kit; Specification:
    • Dimensions: 140.5 x 34 x 25.5mm
    • iTank dimensions 24.5x55mm (Drip Tip included)
    • Weight of the Mod: 48g
    • Weight of the tank: 64g
    • Atomizer capacity: 5ml
    • Top filling system
    • Leak-proof autocirculation system
    • Mesh Coil GTi 0.2Ω 60-75W
    • Mesh Coil GTi 0.4Ω 50-60W
    • Battery: 1 x 18650 (not included)
    • Output power: 5-80W
    • Modes: Wattage, Pulse Mode and F (t) Mode
    • Power: S (oft), N (ormal) or H (ard)
    • Charging current: DC 5V / 2A Type-C
    • Display: 0.96 "TFT color screen

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-7.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Available colours:
    • Dark Black
    • Matte Gray
    • Light Silver
    • Midnight Blue
    • Sunset Glow
    • Aurora Green

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-8.jpg

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-9.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; First Impressions:
    I am very happy to provide my impressions also on these two new Vaporesso kits, in fact I can say that in the last 5 years I have been lucky enough to test most of the kits they produce and almost all of them had interesting performance and design/captivatings. Vaporesso is undoubtedly a solid company, but also a leader in the sector! So I have high expectations for Gen 200 and Gen 80 S Kit.

I received the Sunset Glow edition of Gen 200 and the Dark Black edition of Gen 80 S, Overall they are both Mods with unique style and design. I like the fact that the word "VAPORESSO" is small and therefore barely noticeable. The new "V" logo introduced in March 2022 is also very nice and unobtrusive.

Immediately when I saw Gen 200 & Gen 80 S I was reminded of the original Gen Mod dual-battery which I first dealt with three years ago in 2019. Gen Original was already an innovative product with a high-performance Axon chipset , particularly light and well finished. So their heirs Gen 200 and Gen 80 S take up the challenge starting from a rather high quality base.

The result of this work is that the new Gen 200 is certainly one of the smallest and lightest dual-battery Mods on the market, and what about the Gen 80 S single Battery? Gen 80 S is slim and slender, but the most striking fact is that the Mod (48g) weighs less than the iTank included in this kit (65g)!!!

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-10.jpg

Vaporesso certainly deserves credit for having reused the excellent and lightweight construction materials used for the first time in 2019. These coating materials are composed of 4 layers of soft-touch paint, breathable rubber panels and other panels in wear-resistant polycarbonate with fine surface texture. The comfort and portability of the Mods thanks to the incredibly compact size are all excellent features of the Gen 200 & Gen 80 S.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-11.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Control screens and buttons:
    The activation button (fire) is for both mods of a round shape, slightly protruding, made of metal, easily reachable with both the index and the thumb. On Gen 200 the Fire button is placed in a separate position on one of the two narrow sides of the Mod, while on the side panel we find; the screen, the adjustment buttons, the mode button and the charging socket.

The control panel of the Gen 80 S houses all of them together; the adjustment keys, the mode key and the Usb-c port, the screen of the Gen 80 S is smaller but the color display has the same size as that of the Gen 200. This type of display of the new Gen 200 and 80 S it is quite bright, it provides the user with all the main vaping data with large and easy to read fonts.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-12.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Thread 510:
    Another big improvement over Gen's previous models is the 510 threaded cup which is now screwed to the Mods via 3 French screws. On the original Gen it could happen that following a fall the cup came out of the Mod or that the interlocking broke. On Gen 200 the cup is placed in a central position while on Gen 80 S it is decentralized.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-13.jpg

On the bottom of Gen 200 & Gen 80 S we find various writing; the name of the Mod, the production area, logos and trademarks required by law.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-14.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Battery compartment:
    Gen 200 uses two 18650 cells for powering and once the side panel has been removed they are inserted into the appropriate slots following the polarity indications, but a lace is missing to facilitate the extraction of the batteries. The battery door of both Mods use strong magnets, both covers fit the Mods perfectly with no visual imperfections or abnormal movements. Inside the Cover of Gen 200 there is a protective coating with a label to indicate the warnings for use.

In the photo below it is easy to understand how the Gen 200 and Gen 80 S are super compactly, just look at the dimensions of the 18650 batteries which are almost the same height as the Mods that enclose them! Brava Vaporesso, i can't really complain.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-15.jpg

► Vaporesso iTank:
    The iTank is a solid sub ohm vaporizer recently introduced on the Target 200/100/80 Kits. iTank was recently awarded by vaping360.com as the best Sub-Ohm atomizer of 2022. iTank » Vaporesso

The iTank can be purchased separately in 8ml or 5ml (2ml tpd) versions. I was lucky enough to get the non-TPD versions of iTank in combination with the Mods. Unfortunately, the Bubble glass is not included in the Gen 80 S Kit, so you have to "settle" for 5ml of capacity. Mainly I noticed the good build quality of this tank, solid, and well finished, easily removable for cleaning.

iTank is equipped with a classic filling method with sliding cap, the engraving of a "reference dot" in the Top-Cap indicates where to push to open it, then you access a filling port which is covered by a silicone membrane to avoid leakage problems. The refill is also facilitated with large bottles as it is possible to completely remove the Top-Cap.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-16.jpg

iTank by Vaporesso uses a three-way adjustable AFC system called "Turbo Airflow" which guarantees a large air flow but also a good shrinkage of the puff, the AFC rotating ring is equipped with rotation stops and is applied very well on the base. The base must be unscrewed and separated from the Tank to insert the Gti coils from the bottom.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-17.jpg

► Vaporesso Mesh Coil GTi and Vaping test:
    Vaporesso supplies with this tank two coils of the new GTi range both indicated for DL type vaping. A new 0.5Ω GTi Mesh coil should be available soon for an RDL type vape (30-40W) with a lower range of use and more suitable for the Gen 80 S and its single18650 battery.

• 0.2Ω GTi Mesh Coil:
    Using the Smart coil function, the Axon chipset sets the power of this resistor to 55W by default, then 5W below the recommended range (60-75W). Operation is very good even at 55W with a good activation speed. However I found my sweet spot at 65W with wide open AFC! A coil beast that throws us into a world of dense clouds and excellent flavors, I was really impressed! But basically I expected these excellent performances because Vaporesso has always been considered a company capable of designing the best pre-packaged coils in the entire sector.

• 0.4Ω Gti Mesh Coil:
    Using the Smart coil function, the Axon chipset sets the power of this resistor to 40W by default, then 10W below the recommended range (50-60W).
    Compared to the previous one, this resistance provides a slightly narrower vape, slightly less satisfying in terms of flavor, but with an almost equally high vapor production. At 50W I found my "Best" in combination with an AFC opening of 3/4. In general, the 0.2Ω coil has an overall higher efficiency as it should be. However, the 0.4Ω resistor allows you to adjust the AFC to a restricted position without heating the Puff too much and to get hot steam and a lot of Hit.

In conclusion, iTank has passed the exam with flying colors, it does not have the liquid blocking system to change the coils with a full tank, but it has an impeccable and trouble-free operation, it is silent in suction and it is very robust. Suitable for all vaper's to achieve the best achievable performance for a tank with pre-packaged heads.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-18.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Operation Guide:
    • Power on / off: 5 clicks on the Fire button
    • Lock or unlock screen: Press the Fire button 3 times
    • After connecting the Type-C cable to the Mod, the battery indicator shows the percentage of charge and the remaining time
    • The menu is accessed by holding down the "mode" button until the mode starts flashing, using the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons you can switch to other power modes, to confirm press the button Fire or wait 5 seconds
    • To access the complete settings, press the "menu" button 3 times, once inside use the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons to adjust the various parameters, to confirm press the menu button.
    • Axon Chip Includes protections: Low / High Resistance, Overheat, Short Circuit, Overload / Over Discharge.

► AXON CHIP; Special Modes:
    • F [t] mode:

This mode automatically adjusts the best temperature, speed and heating time of the resistance. According to Vaporesso the F [t] mode with its pulsations adequately releases the flavors of the liquid and offers a perfectly balanced tasting experience consistently from the first puff.

• PUL (Pulse mode):
    It is a mode designed by Vaporesso to improve the vaping experience through the constant voltage output. It is declared; an increase in flavor, a perception of nicotine maximized with a big hit, steam with perfect and constant temperature.

• DIY mode:
    In this section it is possible to choose and set three power levels (VW) Soft, Normal, High. You can also set VW output from 1 to 220W (Gen 200) and from 1 to 80W (Gen 80 S), choose VV mode from 0 to 9V, or BP mode (Bypass)

• Smart function:
    The very useful Smart function after being activated reads the resistance of the coil you are using and automatically sets the power to an appropriate wattage.
    This function can also be used with other tanks and coils of other manufacturers, but also with tanks equipped with "do it yourself" type resistors.

* Each single mode uses a predefined color; F [t] uses yellow, pulsed mode uses red, and watt mode uses blue.

* While charging USB-C Gen 200 & Gen 80 S also allow passthrough vaping, the graphical interface shows the charging percentage of each single accumulator, Gen 200 (2 cells) Gen 80 S (1 cell) and the remaining time at the end of the operation. Of course, the actual charging time will depend on the batteries. However, it is always advisable to use an external charger.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-19.jpg

► Vaporesso Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Kit; Final conclusions:
    About Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Mod I have said almost everything in the course of this long review, so there is little left for me to say ... Gen 200 & Gen 80 S Mod both use the latest updated edition of the Axon chip. The mods are adjusted in steps of 1W at a time, the adjustment scrolls quickly on the display, but when you reach the maximum power there is no round robin, you must therefore scroll quickly backwards, which is not a big problem. For the speed of settings and access to the menu, it should be emphasized that Vaporesso was one of the first companies to introduce the Mode button which considerably simplifies and speeds up the setting operations on the Mods.

The Axon Chip of Gen 200 & Gen 80 S is powerful and stable, however it does not feature the TC which I personally don't miss too much on entry level Mods like these. Rather I find it pleasant to be able to use the 3 steps "low, mid and high" for the rapid customization of the delivery VW-Mode. Among the other usable modes there are the voltage (VV) ... Which I would say can only be used by those who make the coils on their own, as the power on the pre-packaged coils is always present and expressed in watts. The by-pass mode on the other hand, could please those who want to simulate the delivery of a Mod-Mec. Pulse mode and "F [t]" mode (which pulses power in a different way than the first) are the two flagships of Axon Chip along with the Smart function. And it is this F [t] mode that I use regularly and on which I have personally found a certain benefit in terms of "flavor".

I also said almost everything about iTank and its excellent GTi coils and I believe that this combination is truly the best in terms of aromatic yield, certainly the power range of the resistors included in the Kit is a little too high for Gen 80 S, infact its single 18650 cell is able to discharge quickly if used at high wattages, on the contrary Gen 200 with its 2x18650 cells guarantees much more autonomy. For Gen 80 S I look forward to the release of new GTi coils such as the 0.5Ω.

To conclude, if you are looking for a dual-18650 kit or a single-18650 kit with; super performance, captivating graphics, record lightness, super compactness ... You can't go wrong by choosing them, one or both .

Thanks to Vaporesso for sending me these samples for review.
    GEN 200/(80S) » Vaporesso

Thanks for reading.

Vaporesso-Gen-200-S-Gen-80-S-20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread