hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hi folks. I’m back today with another review for vaporesso. I’m going to attempt to cover both the Gen 200 and the Gen 80S in one review since in my opinion they are similar and from the same series of devices. The 200 is a dual 18650 mod with an output range of 5-220 watts while the 80S uses a single 18650 battery and has an output range of 5-80 watts. Both mods use the Axon chipset and have a very user friendly menu system that I believe is the same as previous vaporesso mods that I have reviewed in the past. Both kits come with the iTank but the 200 comes with the bubble glass installed to provide a capacity of 8ml while the iTank that comes with the 80S has a straight glass and has a capacity of 5ml which is still pretty respectable. I’ve been a longtime fan of vaporesso hardware and look forward to sharing my thoughts and experience using these two kits.

UVrDbiz.jpg

OnPYcQ1.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

GEN 200

1* Vaporesso GEN 200 Mod
    1* Vaporesso iTank 8ml
    1* GTi 0.2ohm Mesh Coil(60-75W)
    1* GTi 0.4ohm Mesh Coil(50-60W)
    1* Extra Glass Tube
    3* O-ring
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

GEN 80S

1* Vaporesso GEN 80 S Mod
    1* Vaporesso iTank (5ml)
    1* GTi 0.2Ω Mesh Coil (60-75W)
    1* GTi 0.4Ω Mesh Coil (50-60W)
    1* Extra Glass Tube
    3* O-ring
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

C2VUQ1q.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

GEN 200

Dimensions: 138.5*44*29mm

Tank Capacity: 8ml

Coil Resistance: GTi 0.2ohm Mesh Coil(60-75W), GTi 0.4ohm Mesh Coil(50-60W)

Battery Capacity: Dual 18650 battery (not included)

Output Power: 5-220W

Charging Current: DC 5V/2A, Type-C

Display: 0.96 inch TFT screen

Color: Dark Black, Matte Grey, Light Silver, Midnight Blue, Aurora Green, Sunset Glow

GEN 80S

Battery Capacity Single external 18650 battery (not included)

Charging Current: DC 5V/2A, Type-C

Output Power: 5-80W

Display: 0.96'' TFT screen

Tank Capacity: 5ml

Filling Type: Top filling

Fit For: Vaporesso iTank 5ml, GTi 0.2Ω/0.4Ω/0.15Ω/0.5Ω Mesh Coil

Color: Dark Black, Matte Grey, Light Silver, Midnight Blue, Aurora Green, Sunset Glow

FEATURES:

GEN 200

1. 40% lighter, ultra-light

2. Powerful and flavorful clouds with every puff

3. Powered by AXON chip

4. Paired with Vaporesso iTank

5. Top filling, turbo airflow system

6. Leak resistant, liquid self-cleaning system

7. Compatible with GTi coils

8. 4 layers of rubber coating and ergonomic shape

9. 3 bigger screws for stronger 510 connection

GEN 80S

1. Pack light, perform might

2. 4 layers of rubber coating and ergonomic shape

3. Fire resistant, wear proof and comfortable grip

4. 3 bigger screw for stronger 510 connection

5. Composed of GEN 80 S 80W Mod and iTank 5ml

6. Supports single external 18650 battery with 5-80W power output

7. AXON chip, powerful and flavorful clouds with every puffs

8. Pulse Mode/F(t) Mode/VW Mode available

9. DC 5V/2A, Type-C charging, 0.96'' TFT screen

10. 5ml capacity, top filling, turbo airflow system, liquid self-cleaning system

11. Fit for Vaporesso GTi 0.2Ω/0.4Ω/0.15Ω/0.5Ω Mesh Coil

BUVjklY.jpg

TaF2O8f.jpg

AntsUEC.jpg

kMzrh8z.jpg

CzNdG35.jpg

DnUIoz1.jpg

upload_2022-4-23_10-56-2.png

BIvE1HX.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for Vaporesso products is usually nice anyway but I was pleasantly surprised to receive both kits in the packaging with the new logo already. Yes, in case you didn’t know, Vaporesso has changed their logo. In the interest of conserving image space, I have combined the front of one box with the back of the other. On the front of each package is a color picture of the device inside with the name of the model in shiny silver text.

On the back of each box is a list of specifications along with a list of the contents. Once the outer shell is slid off then on top is the large pouch with user manual and underneath is the mod, tank with .2 ohm coil installed, spare .4 ohm coil, spare glass and o rings, USB-C charging cable all in a plastic molded insert.

upload_2022-4-23_10-57-48.png

upload_2022-4-23_10-58-4.png

upload_2022-4-23_10-58-23.png

upload_2022-4-23_10-58-42.png

One of the first things I noticed is how small and lightweight both of the mods are. Especially lightweight is the Gen 80S. I was amazed after installing a battery and filling the tank that it still felt like I was picking up almost nothing. The Gen 200 is also very lightweight at 40% lighter than the previous version and is quite a bit shorter than the original Gen mod.

I personally never had an issue with the 510 connector on previous versions of the Gen mods and have reviewed the Gen, Gen S, and Gen X. However, one of the features of these new Gen mods is that they have gone with fairly large torx head screws that secure the 510 plate to the top of the mod.

upload_2022-4-23_10-59-25.png

I like that the branding on both of the mods is very inconspicuous. The 200 has the Vaporesso name in the same color as the body on the front and has the new logo on the back. The 80S has the Vaporesso name on one side and the logo on the other side since it is thin enough that there really isn’t room for branding on the front. The name of each mod is on the bottom.

The displays and the button operation are the same for both despite the difference in output levels between them since they both use the Axon chipset. I’ve become very familiar with the Axon chipset after testing several different Vaporesso mods that use it.

The displays show the following information.

- Set output with a small w underneath since the picture was taken in F(t) mode

- Coil resistance and voltage output while firing

- Puff counter and length of time of current puff

- Output mode

One of my favorite things about the Vaporesso mods that use this chipset is that there is a third button besides the + and – buttons which is used to access the menu. Each mode of operation is displayed in a different color. The F(t) mode is yellow, Pulse is red, VW is blue, DIY mode is also blue. The button operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on/off

- Press the fire button 3X to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press the center menu button and hold until the mode flashes and you can quickly change the mode using the + and – buttons.

- Press the menu button 3X to access the menu. The options available inside the menu are as follows

- F(t) Mode

- Pulse mode

- VWN mode

- DIY mode

- System Set

- Exit

Some people don’t seem to notice much of a difference between the F(t) mode but I do prefer it and can tell the difference. I used to use the Pulse mode before the F(t) was added to the Axon.

Obviously the Gen 200 is a dual 18650 battery unit in order to provide that much output. It’s called a 200 but actually goes up to 220 but I can’t imagine vaping anywhere near that high of a setting. One thing I thought was odd was that the mods do not round robin when you hit the top end of the output so you have to just fast scroll back down once the top limit is reached.

The 200 has a notch on the bottom where you can get a fingernail in to pop the side cover off to load the batteries and it says Axon inside. The 80S is what I would call a C frame where the back comes off and the battery is inserted. It also has a notch cut so you can easily remove the cover and has the Axon name inside. The battery polarity is clearly marked in the black plastic shells that hold the batteries.

upload_2022-4-23_11-0-35.png

upload_2022-4-23_11-1-3.png

upload_2022-4-23_11-1-23.png

upload_2022-4-23_11-1-41.png

I’ve been a big fan of the iTank since I originally tried it when I reviewed the Target 200. The target 200 came with the bubble glass installed on the tank to allow the larger 8ml capacity. The Gen 200 also came in this same configuration while the Gen 80S came with the straight glass for a 5ml capacity like the Target 100 did also. The iTank is the only tank that I’ve bought replacement coils for in quite a long time. To me this speaks to how good it is. Not only is the flavor production very good but the coils seem to last me a long time.

The included coils are the .2 ohm mesh GTi coil rated at 60-75 watts and best at 70 watts and the .4 ohm mesh coil rated at 50-60 watts and best at 55 watts. These coils are a good fit for the Gen 200 but to me they require too much power for the 80S since it is a single 18650 mod and pushing it at 70 watts with the .2 coil will go through a battery pretty quick. I personally didn’t like the .2 ohm coil at 70 watts. I ended up running it at 55 watts with the airflow about 1/3 open. The .4 ohm coil runs very well in my opinion at 48 watts. I’d like to see a couple more coils come out that require less power for the 80S. There has been promised a .5 ohm coil rated at 30-40 watts that would be a better fit for the 80S. If anything, I would have shipped the 80S with two .4 ohm coils instead of including the .2 ohm pre-installed.

I7G81Zc.jpg

ulhiLVR.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have very much enjoyed testing the Gen 200 and Gen 80S kits sent to me by Vaporesso. There’s really nothing that I don’t like about these kits. The Axon chip used in both is familiar and one that I like very much. The display is crisp and clear and easy to read in my opinion. The bodies of the mods are covered in four layers that give them a very nice feel in the hand. I have to admit that when I first received the 80S in Sunset Glow that I was like “Oh great, they sent me a pink mod”. However, after using it for some time I really started taking a liking to it which is surprising to me. I would never consider buying a mod with pink on it. If I had ordered one then I would have gotten the navy blue. The silver Gen 200 is a nice neutral color and definitely didn’t have any issue getting used to it. Both mods are extremely lightweight and comfortable to hold and use.

The Gen 200 can allow up to a 28mm tank on top while the 80S will comfortably fit a 24mm tank. To me this is quite acceptable. In my opinion the iTank is a real winner and was very happy that Vaporesso decided to keep use this tank again with these two kits. They have in the past been very good at keeping coils compatible across different devices. The three turbo airflow openings and self-cleaning system make for a really great performing tank. Like I mentioned, I've tested this tank with two prior releases and now these two and have never had any leaking or dry hits. I’ve also been using at least one of the iTanks since I first received the Target 200 so it has gotten a pretty good workout if you are concerned about them lasting long term.

So, I think it’s obvious but would I recommend these kits for you? Of course it’s a definite Yes! I’d like to thank VAPORESSO for sending the new Gen 200 and Gen 80S kits for this review. Thanks always to you the readers. I’m glad you made it to the end. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to see for yourself.

GEN 200/(80S) » Vaporesso

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Status
    Not open for further replies.