Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Once again I say hello and welcome to today's dual reviews of a couple of new kits from vaporesso. Both of these are the latest version of the very popular GEN devices with some new upgrades. First up is the smaller single 18650 GEN 80 Kit with the great performing iTank that has a maximum wattage output of 80w and is a wattage only device with some other power modes that Vaporesso uses. The other kit is the dual 18650 GEN 200 that actually has a maximum wattage output of 220w and also includes the iTank and has the exact features as it's baby brother the GEN 80. Lets get started and check them both out prior to my reviews.

GEN-200-80-S-12.jpg

GEN 80S AND 200 KIT COLOR CHOICES

VGENKit20220301_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED WITH BOTH KITS

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Package_List.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

GEN-200-80-S-17.jpg

GEN-200-80-S-18.jpg

FEATURES FOR BOTH

1. 40% lighter, ultra light

2. Powerful and flavorful clouds with every puff

3. Powered by AXON chip

4. Paired with Vaporesso iTank

5. Top filling, turbo airflow system

6. Leak resistant, liquid self-cleaning system

7. Compatible with GTi coils

8. 4 layers of rubber coating and ergonomic shape

9. 3 bigger screws for stronger 510 connection

BOTH ARE ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT

GEN-200-80-S-13.jpg

AXON CHIPSET

GEN-200-80-S-14.jpg

SOLID AND SECURE 510 CONNECTION

Vaporesso-Gen-200-Box-Kit-With-iTank-8ml-08.jpg

GRIPPY RUBBER COATING

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Rubber_Coating.jpg

I TANK

GEN-200-80-S-15.jpg

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Tank_Features.jpg

GTI COILS

GEN-200-80-S-16.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As Vaporesso almost always does there presentation is top notch, sliding the box of contents out of the outer sleeve covering it and lifting the top off you have a small cardboard rectangle box containing your paper information of the user manual and warranty card, under the cardboard is the mod, tank, 2nd coil and charge cord in pre-cut spots on a plastic tray. Your spares bag containing extra O-rings and fill port gasket are in a bag inside the extra glass tube.

The first thing I noticed was the color of the GEN 80S that was sent, it is Pink with a offset of color tapering to a much deeper Pink ( not a fan of the color Pink but it looked good ). The front half is smooth with the back battery cover having the familiar GEN dimples on the and spine.

The GEN 200 that was sent is a nice deep matt Grey color which is more my kind of color choice. Dimples cover the front and rear of the device and add a nice gripping surface to the plastic rubberized feel of the GEN 200. Both devices ship with screen protectors on them that I like to keep on as long as I can.

I'm was very happy to see the i Tank inside as well as it is one of my top 3 favorite Sub Tanks for flavor , vapor and insane longevity of the GTi coils. Both kits have bubble and straight glass tube inside. Picking both devices up was a surprise, the original GENS were very light but both of these feel even lighter.

20220506_135659.jpg

The Gen 80S ships with a straight glass tube already installed on the iTank which has a capacity of 5mls, there is also a bubble glass tube included that holds 8mls of juice. The straight glass looks so much better on a device in my opinion especially on the GEN 80S. On the flipside the GEN 200 ships with the bubble glass tube pre-installed on the iTank with the straight glass tube as a spare, on the GRN 200 the bubble glass tube looks good and is more size appropriate for the device. Both GENS use a 510 drip tip that looks good and feels very comfortable to use, if you wish to use your own 510 DP you can because all standard DP's will work and fir just fine.

20220506_151702.jpg

I always breakdown a new tank and give it a good warm bath in case of oils or some debris from manufacturing and you should also, the iTank looked clean but it's a practice I always perform clean looking or not. I laid out the pieces of the tank for you to see prior to it's bath in soapy warm water. The iTank breaks down very easily. Notice on the bottom cap the 3 raised post the coil rest on that help recirculate any juice that may drip down back into the bottom of the coil, I know this Tank very well from previous reviews and have never had a leak or any liquid sitting inside the bottom cap when putting in a new coil ( GREAT TANK )!!!

20220507_075847.jpg

The iTank is a top fill tank that uses a swivel out top cap that is very secure when put back in place for vaping, it actually clicks into place when closed , I have not had any unwanted openings while it was in my pocket. If using a 100ml bottle to fill the tank you will have to remove the drip tip in order to get the bottle stem fully inside the self sealing fill membrane. You will notice a arrow underneath the Vaporesso name that is where the top cap needs to be pushed in to open for filling. Always prime your coil and let sit for 5 min before first vaping it. This is a very simple easy Sub-Tank with no mess or fuss. By the way this is a 510 drip tip and it's comfortable to use. The iTank has 3 airflow intake slots and that makes it very airy fully open but closing the slots halfway restricts the airflow to a very nice DL vape that's half as airy, closing down to a 1/4 gives a great RDL vape. Airflow is smooth at any setting that's used.

The iTANK ships with the GTI 0.2Ω mesh coil that's rated for 60-75 watts pre-installed, the 2nd GTI coil is a 0.4Ω mesh rated for 50-60 watts. I will say that the mod is usually the star of the show with kits but this iTank is really very good and the GTI coils perform great giving great flavor with thick clouds of vapor also.

As many of you know I like a warmer vape and the 0.2 is more my speed but using the 0.4 was a treat as well, I must be gravitating to liking a cooler vape as well as my normal warm one because I really enjoy both coils. Coils are a regular push and pull type with no flat spots that are needed to be lined up.

Vaporesso_iTank_Atomizer_Easy_to_replace.jpg

20220304_145646.jpg

As you can see from the many bubbles both top and bottom this Tank performs great in the wicking department and keeps up just as great when chain vaping. The flavor these coils produce is outstanding and way above average, lifespan of these coils is also way above average which is a nice bonus to a fantastic Tank.

20220507_105115.jpg

Looking at both Mods there is a 510 top plate is screwed into the mod itself using 3 screws, it feels solid and secure with just a tiny hint of it being raised a bit. The 510 pin is spring loaded with a good amount of travel fitting 8 atomizers I tried on it. Atomizers up to 25mm will fit on the GEN 80S and 28mm on the GEN 200 without any overhang.

20220506_154133.jpg

The battery covers on both devices are secure with no movement being felt, the single 18650 GEN 80S uses a C-frame type of battery cover while the GEN 200 uses a traditional back cover. Both use magnets to secure the covers and and they are very strong grabbing the cover and pulling them in with a snap.

Correct battery polarity markings are labeled with a positive + sign and a negative - sign that are easily seen but I would have liked them to be highlighted in White. Both devices bottom battery contacts are spring loaded so install the batteries starting at the bottom first. The battery cover of the GEN 200 has a CAUTION sign telling you not to use damaged batteries and only charge indoors with a statement to use 25A batteries or higher and to dispose of batteries in a accordance with local laws. Because both devices are so compact there' not much room left inside once batteries are installed.

20220506_163247.jpg

There are 2 things to notice in this picture with one being the new logo for Vaporesso and the other being the textured dimples on both devices, not only do I like the look of the dimples but it seems to give a added grip on the rubber coated surface as the original GEN's did.

20220507_111141.jpg

Controls are on the face of both devices except for the fire button being on the side of the GEN 200, both fire buttons perform great and are very responsive when pressed giving a nice click.

20220507_111243.jpg

The adjustment buttons along with the menu button between the up and down buttons are located at the bottom of the display screen on both devices. Both devices have no settings for TC use but do have many power modes to choose from and they are Vaporesso's F(t) mode, PUL - pulse mode, VW- variable wattage, Bypass, in the DIY section of the second sub-menu there is a further way to tweek VW with 3 more choices of Soft, Normal or Hard setting for wattage mode. There is a Smart setting as well.

20220507_104912.jpg

There are pre-set display screen colors for different power modes when activated. Power mode colors are listed below, the smart feature when activated will appear above ohms. The Axon chipset is using the same menu system that is used in the Target 100 and 200.

POWER MODE COLORS

* F(t) - Green

* Pulse - Red

* Wattage - ( Soft ) - Red
    * Wattage - ( Normal ) - Blue
    * Wattage - ( Hard ) - Red

* Bypass - ( Red )

MAIN MENU

* ON/OFF - 5 Presses Of The Fire Button

* LOCK/UNLOCK WATTAGE - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* CHANGE POWER MODES - Long Press The Middle bottom Menu Button
    Once Flashing Press Either Adjustment Button to Move

* SUB-MENU - 3 Quick Presses Of The Menu Button Brings You To The Sub-Menu
    Once There Either Adjustment Button Moves You Along To Your Desired Setting

PROS - GEN 200 MOD

* Attractive

* Compact Size For A Dual 18650 Device

* Comfortable

* No Sharp Edges

* Easy Menu System To Navigate

* Multi-Colored Display Screen

* Flawless Performance

* Fast Response Time

* Solid Build Quality

* Type-C With 2A Charging

* Axon Chip

CONS - GEN 200 MOD

* Font Size Should Be Larger / Wattage Size Font Should Be Smaller
    ( EQUAL FONT SIZE )

PROS - GEN 80S

* Attractive

* Compact Size For A Single 18650 Device

* Comfortable

* No Sharp Edges

* Flawless Performance

* Fast Response Time

* Solid Build Quality

* Axon Chip

PROS - iTANK

* 5mm And 8ML Capacity

* Top Fill

* Comfortable Drip Tip

* Great performing GTI Coils

* Great Flavor

* Thick Vapor Production

* Smooth Airflow On Any Setting

* Very Long Lifespan Of Coils

CONS - iTANK

* Using 100ml Bottles Drip Tip Must Be Removed When Filling

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I really liked the original Gen devices and these 2 newer versions are even better with the GEN 200 being much smaller, lighter and with a new chipset that performs great. I really like the Axon chip inside the device because of smooth power delivery, power mode choices and easy menu to navigate through. One thing I wish will be changed in the next mod is the size difference of the fonts, the wattage font should be scaled down and the other fonts scaled up, it's a little hard to see the smaller fonts with aging eyes.

Having reviewed many Vaporesso devices I am familiar with their F(t) mode and really like it and I can taste a difference using it over wattage mode, some people can't tell a difference but I can and prefer it over straight wattage mode.

There are 5 different power modes to choose from but no TC modes, I know some people do use TC but I don't know of any personally.

One strange thing is the GEN 200 mod actually has a maximum wattage output of 220 not 200, why did they not call it the GEN 220, they did the same thing with the TARGET 200.

I highly recommend both of these Kits because both the tank and devices are big winners.

I would like to thank Vaporesso for providing the GEN 80S and GEN 200 for the purpose of this review and I hope all your questions were answered concerning both kits. In my opinion both kits are winners and I highly recommend them.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Once again I say hello and welcome to today's dual reviews of a couple of new kits from Vaporesso. Both of these are the latest version of the very popular GEN devices with some new upgrades. First up is the smaller single 18650 GEN 80 Kit with the great performing iTank that has a maximum wattage output of 80w and is a wattage only device with some other power modes that Vaporesso uses. The other kit is the dual 18650 GEN 200 that actually has a maximum wattage output of 220w and also includes the iTank and has the exact features as it's baby brother the GEN 80. Lets get started and check them both out prior to my reviews.

GEN-200-80-S-12.jpg

GEN 80S AND 200 KIT COLOR CHOICES

VGENKit20220301_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED WITH BOTH KITS

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Package_List.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

GEN-200-80-S-17.jpg

GEN-200-80-S-18.jpg

FEATURES FOR BOTH

1. 40% lighter, ultra light

2. Powerful and flavorful clouds with every puff

3. Powered by AXON chip

4. Paired with Vaporesso iTank

5. Top filling, turbo airflow system

6. Leak resistant, liquid self-cleaning system

7. Compatible with GTi coils

8. 4 layers of rubber coating and ergonomic shape

9. 3 bigger screws for stronger 510 connection

BOTH ARE ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT

GEN-200-80-S-13.jpg

AXON CHIPSET

GEN-200-80-S-14.jpg

SOLID AND SECURE 510 CONNECTION

Vaporesso-Gen-200-Box-Kit-With-iTank-8ml-08.jpg

GRIPPY RUBBER COATING

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Rubber_Coating.jpg

I TANK

GEN-200-80-S-15.jpg

Vaporesso_GEN_200_Kit_Tank_Features.jpg

GTI COILS

GEN-200-80-S-16.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As Vaporesso almost always does there presentation is top notch, sliding the box of contents out of the outer sleeve covering it and lifting the top off you have a small cardboard rectangle box containing your paper information of the user manual and warranty card, under the cardboard is the mod, tank, 2nd coil and charge cord in pre-cut spots on a plastic tray. Your spares bag containing extra O-rings and fill port gasket are in a bag inside the extra glass tube.

The first thing I noticed was the color of the GEN 80S that was sent, it is Pink with a offset of color tapering to a much deeper Pink ( not a fan of the color Pink but it looked good ). The front half is smooth with the back battery cover having the familiar GEN dimples on the and spine.

The GEN 200 that was sent is a nice deep matt Grey color which is more my kind of color choice. Dimples cover the front and rear of the device and add a nice gripping surface to the plastic rubberized feel of the GEN 200. Both devices ship with screen protectors on them that I like to keep on as long as I can.

I'm was very happy to see the i Tank inside as well as it is one of my top 3 favorite Sub Tanks for flavor , vapor and insane longevity of the GTi coils. Both kits have bubble and straight glass tube inside. Picking both devices up was a surprise, the original GENS were very light but both of these feel even lighter.

View attachment 974229

The Gen 80S ships with a straight glass tube already installed on the iTank which has a capacity of 5mls, there is also a bubble glass tube included that holds 8mls of juice. The straight glass looks so much better on a device in my opinion especially on the GEN 80S. On the flipside the GEN 200 ships with the bubble glass tube pre-installed on the iTank with the straight glass tube as a spare, on the GRN 200 the bubble glass tube looks good and is more size appropriate for the device. Both GENS use a 510 drip tip that looks good and feels very comfortable to use, if you wish to use your own 510 DP you can because all standard DP's will work and fir just fine.

View attachment 974250

I always breakdown a new tank and give it a good warm bath in case of oils or some debris from manufacturing and you should also, the iTank looked clean but it's a practice I always perform clean looking or not. I laid out the pieces of the tank for you to see prior to it's bath in soapy warm water. The iTank breaks down very easily. Notice on the bottom cap the 3 raised post the coil rest on that help recirculate any juice that may drip down back into the bottom of the coil, I know this Tank very well from previous reviews and have never had a leak or any liquid sitting inside the bottom cap when putting in a new coil ( GREAT TANK )!!!

View attachment 974251

The iTank is a top fill tank that uses a swivel out top cap that is very secure when put back in place for vaping, it actually clicks into place when closed , I have not had any unwanted openings while it was in my pocket. If using a 100ml bottle to fill the tank you will have to remove the drip tip in order to get the bottle stem fully inside the self sealing fill membrane. You will notice a arrow underneath the Vaporesso name that is where the top cap needs to be pushed in to open for filling. Always prime your coil and let sit for 5 min before first vaping it. This is a very simple easy Sub-Tank with no mess or fuss. By the way this is a 510 drip tip and it's comfortable to use. The iTank has 3 airflow intake slots and that makes it very airy fully open but closing the slots halfway restricts the airflow to a very nice DL vape that's half as airy, closing down to a 1/4 gives a great RDL vape. Airflow is smooth at any setting that's used.

The iTANK ships with the GTI 0.2Ω mesh coil that's rated for 60-75 watts pre-installed, the 2nd GTI coil is a 0.4Ω mesh rated for 50-60 watts. I will say that the mod is usually the star of the show with kits but this iTank is really very good and the GTI coils perform great giving great flavor with thick clouds of vapor also.

As many of you know I like a warmer vape and the 0.2 is more my speed but using the 0.4 was a treat as well, I must be gravitating to liking a cooler vape as well as my normal warm one because I really enjoy both coils. Coils are a regular push and pull type with no flat spots that are needed to be lined up.

Vaporesso_iTank_Atomizer_Easy_to_replace.jpg

View attachment 974252

As you can see from the many bubbles both top and bottom this Tank performs great in the wicking department and keeps up just as great when chain vaping. The flavor these coils produce is outstanding and way above average, lifespan of these coils is also way above average which is a nice bonus to a fantastic Tank.

View attachment 974254

Looking at both Mods there is a 510 top plate is screwed into the mod itself using 3 screws, it feels solid and secure with just a tiny hint of it being raised a bit. The 510 pin is spring loaded with a good amount of travel fitting 8 atomizers I tried on it. Atomizers up to 25mm will fit on the GEN 80S and 28mm on the GEN 200 without any overhang.

View attachment 974253

The battery covers on both devices are secure with no movement being felt, the single 18650 GEN 80S uses a C-frame type of battery cover while the GEN 200 uses a traditional back cover. Both use magnets to secure the covers and and they are very strong grabbing the cover and pulling them in with a snap.

Correct battery polarity markings are labeled with a positive + sign and a negative - sign that are easily seen but I would have liked them to be highlighted in White. Both devices bottom battery contacts are spring loaded so install the batteries starting at the bottom first. The battery cover of the GEN 200 has a CAUTION sign telling you not to use damaged batteries and only charge indoors with a statement to use 25A batteries or higher and to dispose of batteries in a accordance with local laws. Because both devices are so compact there' not much room left inside once batteries are installed.

View attachment 974265

There are 2 things to notice in this picture with one being the new logo for Vaporesso and the other being the textured dimples on both devices, not only do I like the look of the dimples but it seems to give a added grip on the rubber coated surface as the original GEN's did.

View attachment 974266

Controls are on the face of both devices except for the fire button being on the side of the GEN 200, both fire buttons perform great and are very responsive when pressed giving a nice click.

View attachment 974278

The adjustment buttons along with the menu button between the up and down buttons are located at the bottom of the display screen on both devices. Both devices have no settings for TC use but do have many power modes to choose from and they are Vaporesso's F(t) mode, PUL - pulse mode, VW- variable wattage, Bypass, in the DIY section of the second sub-menu there is a further way to tweek VW with 3 more choices of Soft, Normal or Hard setting for wattage mode. There is a Smart setting as well.

View attachment 974274

There are pre-set display screen colors for different power modes when activated. Power mode colors are listed below, the smart feature when activated will appear above ohms. The Axon chipset is using the same menu system that is used in the Target 100 and 200.

POWER MODE COLORS

* F(t) - Green

* Pulse - Red

* Wattage - ( Soft ) - Red
    * Wattage - ( Normal ) - Blue
    * Wattage - ( Hard ) - Red

* Bypass - ( Red )

MAIN MENU

* ON/OFF - 5 Presses Of The Fire Button

* LOCK/UNLOCK WATTAGE - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* CHANGE POWER MODES - Long Press The Middle bottom Menu Button
    Once Flashing Press Either Adjustment Button to Move

* SUB-MENU - 3 Quick Presses Of The Menu Button Brings You To The Sub-Menu
    Once There Either Adjustment Button Moves You Along To Your Desired Setting

PROS - GEN 200 MOD

* Attractive

* Compact Size For A Dual 18650 Device

* Comfortable

* No Sharp Edges

* Flawless Performance

* Fast Response Time

* Solid Build Quality

* Axon Chip

CONS - GEN 200 MOD

* Font Size Should Be Larger / Wattage Size Font Should Be Smaller
    ( EQUAL FONT SIZE )

PROS - GEN 80S

* Attractive

* Compact Size For A Single 18650 Device

* Comfortable

* No Sharp Edges

* Flawless Performance

* Fast Response Time

* Solid Build Quality

* Axon Chip

PROS - iTANK

* 5mm And 8ML Capacity

* Top Fill

* Comfortable Drip Tip

* Great performing GTI Coils

* Great Flavor

* Thick Vapor Production

* Smooth Airflow On Any Setting

* Very Long Lifespan Of Coils

CONS - iTANK

* Using 100ml Bottles Drip Tip Must Be Removed When Filling

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I really liked the original Gen devices and these 2 newer versions are even better with the GEN 200 being much smaller, lighter and with a new chipset that performs great. I really like the Axon chip inside the device because of smooth power delivery, power mode choices and easy menu to navigate through. One thing I wish will be changed in the next mod is the size difference of the fonts, the wattage font should be scaled down and the other fonts scaled up, it's a little hard to see the smaller fonts with aging eyes.

Having reviewed many Vaporesso devices I am familiar with their F(t) mode and really like it and I can taste a difference using it over wattage mode, some people can't tell a difference but I can and prefer it over straight wattage mode.

There are 5 different power modes to choose from but no TC modes, I know some people do use TC but I don't know of any personally.

One strange thing is the GEN 200 mod actually has a maximum wattage output of 220 not 200, why did they not call it the GEN 220, they did the same thing with the TARGET 200.

I highly recommend both of these Kits because both the tank and devices are big winners.

I would like to thank Vaporesso for providing the GEN 80S and GEN 200 for the purpose of this review and I hope all your questions were answered concerning both kits. In my opinion both kits are winners and I highly recommend them.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Great review Bob! I’m with you on the iTank. I really love it. It’s the first tank I’ve bought drop in coils for in a long time.

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob! I’m with you on the iTank. I really love it. It’s the first tank I’ve bought drop in coils for in a long time.
    Same with me, not only is the flavor and vapor fantastic but the coil lifespan really blows me away with how long they last.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Same with me, not only is the flavor and vapor fantastic but the coil lifespan really blows me away with how long they last.

I’ve been running the same coil in the itank that came with the Target 100 that I reviewed for quite some time and it’s still working great.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread