Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3rb3r05

Jul 4, 2019
... or put Arctic Fox firmware on any of the supported mods from the joyetech/Wismec/eleaf holy trinity.
Custom firmware can only do so much. Wismec RX line is faulty (press fit 510s, grounding to body, etc.) Got a wismec Rx gen3. I also got a joyetech espion, that went belly-side up when warranty expired. Both got arcticfox

Dicodes is the king in tc but they are way too expensive. DNA is the next best thing.

Back on topic.

@Vaporesso_Chelsea why is resistance read higher? The 510 is properly grounded. Is the 510 then that is causing this? (Not all 510s are created equal. If we replace stock 510 with a DNA-approved 510, will tc improve? Will resistance reading improve?)

Daovape

Feb 23, 2020
Hello, i got my gen for about two months by now i was only using it wtih the skrr tank, but yesterday i tried it with a dry herb tank from grizzly eclipse, the gen automatically asks to change to stc but it doesn't seem to heat the chamber properly , i also tried vt in diy mode but also doesn't seem to work, another wierd thing that is happening is that when i fire the mod in stc with this tank it makes a buzzing sound is this buzzing sound normal to occur? When i change the settings to vw and fire around 27w the tank heats up pretty well but the buzzing also happens, this buzzing really got me worried, now idk if it was always there and i never heard or if it started now caus is not loud at all, my mod version is 1.3

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@Daovape the only time my Gen has buzzed was when I had it turned on and was taking the tank off, when the 510 center pin is barely making contact with the atomizer it gives off a rapid buzz when not firing. The same atomizer screwed on just slightly more doesn't produce this sound without firing, but does make a quieter buzz when trying to fire. Also, it would definitely mess with TC if it's not making a solid contact with the center pin - make sure the mod and atomizer 510 are both clean and free of oxidization or other gunk.

Does your dry herb 510 and it's 510 positive contact stick out as far as SKRR? And if SKRR is longer, try take the batteries out of Gen and make sure the center pin isn't stuck down from using SKRR, you should be able to push it down and have it spring back up. If your dry herb deck has a removable 510 center pin, a (very tiny) o-ring or some teflon (plumbers) tape might be used to make it a little longer.

Worst case though (and it's a problem a few people have had) the mod's press fit 510 might be coming apart inside meaning it doesn't have the force to push up the center contact high enough.

Daovape

Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for the support @joeblowma i pressed the contact on the mod and it does come back up. The contacts of the tanks have pretty much the same size and also the dry herb tank has a little pin in the center
The buzzing that it makes is pretty quiet so as I have to stick my ear beside the mod to hear it.
I couldn’t add the picture that I wanted but the tank is this here Grizzly Eclipse Dry Herb Tank I found at namastevapes
I don’t know if it’s not making contact, because when I put it on vws at 27w it heats up pretty well, making the little buzzing, but heats up. The bad thing it’s that idk the temperature of it since it only heats up at vw.

Last edited:

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@Daovape yeah it's very quiet for me too, I have to put my ear near the mod to hear it with the PC fans going.

Very little info I can find on those aside from the listing at namaste, and while they mention temp control they don't mention the wire material - but it looks to me like they are built similar to a subohm rta's coils. Basically that adds the additional possible contact failure points of the coil assembly you screw into the deck (it has to make a good ground on the threads as well as contact with the positive post coming out of the 510 under it) as well as where the coil leads attach to the coil assembly.

I remember a while back some of the subohm coils were coming poorly assembled, where the wires from the coil are held in place by a stopper that connects to the positive on the 510 and a bit of rubber to insulate it all from the wire on the other side of the rubber which connected the coils to the ground/thread part of the assembly. In some cases the wires were left too long resulting in shorting, and rarely a wire would be too short making poor contact with one of +/-. Maybe try a different coil? Or at least inspect the one you have and make sure nothing looks wonky with the contacts on the bottom of it, and that it is firmly screwed into the atomizer base.

CroVaper

Dec 18, 2019
My Gen also produces buzzing sound when firing, I'm using it in power mode... I also thought the mod was faulty and sent it back to the store and they replaced it with a new one. However, the new device also produces the same sound so I think it should be that way. Google says this is happening because the device is constantly measuring resistance od the coil.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I was 100% ready to pull the trigger on this mod some months back, due to my positive experiences with the Revenver X Kit (won on ECF), later purchased three of the Revenger with lights & lastly the Polar with the Omni 4 chipset. The Polar can read ohms lower than my ohmmeter & fires fast.:thumbs:

Sorry for those of you who are having troubles with this mod, it's not the typical Vaporesso experience. I'll be surely be checking out these reviews before buying another new Vaporesso mod, will likely grab another Polar if still available.:)

Hopefully Vaporesso will make this right & not release more mods until fully tested by experienced YouTube vape channels received as product samples in exchange for (honest) review. The terms under which I received my first Vaporesso mod (Revenger X Kit). This way, we'll know what we're buying beforehand. I don't want to wash my hands of Vaporesso in the same manner as I did Sigelei.

Cat

Fusionwp

Mar 4, 2020
Hi, feedback on the Gen. Lovely device, no issues can run lower wattages than than my other mod (Tarot Baby requires 5-10w more for same subjective power). Don't use TC, only wattage with GT mesh kanthal coils and 65w with 10% nic spot on. SKRR tank a big disappointment however (very muted flavour), I found the NRG far far better (lively flavor, wicked crackle, top cap slides out with big drip port for my DIY juice bottles with glass nozzle) but then use the longer tapered drip tip from the SKRR vs the short stubby on the NRG to be preferable.

Reason mainly for this post is I'm hoping for an improvement on the UI with regards to battery indicator. I am 46yr, anything this small requires glasses which I prefer to avoid. I cannot read the percentage indicator at all. The Tarot Baby displays a standardardised type feature, with solid tint indicating power decreasing from right to left. Even with a small screen on that device this is clear to my eyes. Yes a percentage is great for those seeking absolute specifics, so maybe please an option in the settings for one or the other? Please... currently my device runs flat without me pre-warned!

Last edited:

Zoro5

Apr 24, 2020
Hello,
With the firmware v1.3 the TC really doesn't work well at all. After downgrading back to v1.0 TC performs as expected.
Problem is with Vaporesso desktop software. The newest one doesn't allow to click customization and settings button (but connects ok to the GEN) while on v1.0.
I've downloaded the E-Cigarette Studio v1.5 from a link in this thread. Connects ok, but is missing the customization tab.
Could anyone help me to find the 'E-cigarette v1.6'. Judging from the screenshots that is the one that works fine and is customizable.
And does anyone per chance have the v1.2 bin file?
Thanks

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@Zoro5 GEN_Ver1.2_v2.zip

This is "_v2" (my add, their zip) because V1.2 was originally packed with V1.5 PC software with installer that was not in english, this has the 1.2 mod software and V1.6 PC software. That said, customization didn't work until v1.3, and only with the PC software that was bundled with 1.3 - it would show the customization tab, but would only give errors if you tried to do anything. Let me know if Zippyshare isn't a good host for you.

Zoro5

Apr 24, 2020
@Zoro5 GEN_Ver1.2_v2.zip

This is "_v2" (my add, their zip) because V1.2 was originally packed with V1.5 PC software with installer that was not in english, this has the 1.2 mod software and V1.6 PC software. That said, customization didn't work until v1.3, and only with the PC software that was bundled with 1.3 - it would show the customization tab, but would only give errors if you tried to do anything. Let me know if Zippyshare isn't a good host for you.

Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I wanted to try. You are right, the customization doesn't work, just comes back with an error. So I guess we will have to wait if Vaporesso comes with a properly working TC in v1.4.

Reactions: joeblowma

Hector_SP

Apr 26, 2020
Hello I have the vaporesso gen since one week ago and yesterday I updated the firmware from 1.01 to 1.3 and I can't help feeling that the coil/airflow is getting a lot hotter than before, anyone experiencing this?

Before I downgrade the mod I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this or it's just my imagination. :w00t:

btw, I'm using pulse mode with a GT Mesh 0.2ohms

thanks and greetings

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Zoro5

Apr 24, 2020
Hello I have the vaporesso gen since one week ago and yesterday I updated the firmware from 1.01 to 1.3 and I can't help feeling that the coil/airflow is getting a lot hotter than before, anyone experiencing this?

Before I downgrade the mod I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this or it's just my imagination. :w00t:

btw, I'm using pulse mode with a GT Mesh 0.2ohms

thanks and greetings

In Pulse or DIY Wattage mode it should behave same on all firmwares. Only TC mode seems to be worse on v1.3 + Smart TC runs way too hot. But compare to all other mods I have, the GEN is sadly not very good unless you stick to Wattage mode.

• Useful

Hector_SP

Apr 26, 2020
In Pulse or DIY Wattage mode it should behave same on all firmwares. Only TC mode seems to be worse on v1.3 + Smart TC runs way too hot. But compare to all other mods I have, the GEN is sadly not very good unless you stick to Wattage mode.

Hello, Thanks for your answer, then I guess it was definitely my way of using it and nothing to do with the firmware update, since I haven't used the TC at all I think i will stick with the wattage mode / pulse mode.

Greetings.

• Agree

Albert Steptoe

May 23, 2020
Hi new here I have a Axon Vaporesso swag 2 and I haven't a clue what I am doing with it,
The shop I bought it from who set it up for me are closed because of the Covid-19 threat.
It works when it feels like sometimes I press the button and there is nothing for about 10 seconds then it works but vaguely like the battery is nearly flat, Other times it works ok and other times it just says on the side pulse and I have to leave it for a minute before it will work again.
I looked at the Manuel on line and it shows nothing for my problem.
What I want is for it to work when I press the button. I have the power on 50.0 as it seems to work on that setting better than any other, I used to have it on 14.0 when I got it out the shop but now on 14.0 it might as well be switched off as it does nothing at that setting.
Laymens terms would be appreciated, Thanks in advance for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread