Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
From where?
I posted a link to a mega folder I made of the copies I archived as vaporesso released them back at post 242 in this thread.

If you dig through this thread, around the same time I posted someone put the original link to 1.5:
https://www.vaporesso.com/hubfs/imgs/downloads/firmware/GEN-FIRMWARE-V1.5.zip

it still works, as well subbing a 4 for the 5 gets you 1.4 (which was more stable than the original 1.5 anyway)
https://www.vaporesso.com/hubfs/imgs/downloads/firmware/GEN-FIRMWARE-V1.4.zip

and if you dig toward the front of the thread to post 46 you'll even find 1.0 (what the first runs shipped with)
it's on a google drive link, but the vaporesso rep posted it.

If none of those options work for you, I'd bet contacting Vaporesso directly would work to get whatever files you want (though IIRC there is a holiday in China around now.) If you can still flash it/get it to connect to the PC updater it isn't bricked.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I posted a link to a mega folder I made of the copies I archived as Vaporesso released them back at post 242 in this thread.

If you dig through this thread, around the same time I posted someone put the original link to 1.5:
https://www.vaporesso.com/hubfs/imgs/downloads/firmware/GEN-FIRMWARE-V1.5.zip

it still works, as well subbing a 4 for the 5 gets you 1.4 (which was more stable than the original 1.5 anyway)
https://www.vaporesso.com/hubfs/imgs/downloads/firmware/GEN-FIRMWARE-V1.4.zip

and if you dig toward the front of the thread to post 46 you'll even find 1.0 (what the first runs shipped with)
it's on a google drive link, but the vaporesso rep posted it.

If none of those options work for you, I'd bet contacting Vaporesso directly would work to get whatever files you want (though IIRC there is a holiday in China around now.) If you can still flash it/get it to connect to the PC updater it isn't bricked.

Wow man u got all the versions in this link from mega ....niceeeeeeeeeee thanks cause I have the Gen also xD u are DA REAL MVP

Why there is 2 versions of 1.5? One said pulled???

Last edited:

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Why there is 2 versions of 1.5? One said pulled???
It was determined somewhere along the way that 1.4 (which wasn't initially publicly released) was doing it's job better than 1.5 so they pulled 1.5 and put up 1.4. Not long after they released "1.5" again, but it is actually the Gen S 1.0 firmware.

Meanwhile, the PC (and mac?) software that was packaged with 1.3 was the only one that did all the customization things for 1.3+ firmware, though a much older one was packaged with 1.4/1.5 and corrected with the current "1.5". Also, I didn't put it on mega, but the initial release of 1.2 had an Asian installer and was re-released with one that presumably listens the OS code page instead. That sort of mess is also why I tend to keep (and try to keep an eye on) the things...

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
It was determined somewhere along the way that 1.4 (which wasn't initially publicly released) was doing it's job better than 1.5 so they pulled 1.5 and put up 1.4. Not long after they released "1.5" again, but it is actually the Gen S 1.0 firmware.

Meanwhile, the PC (and mac?) software that was packaged with 1.3 was the only one that did all the customization things for 1.3+ firmware, though a much older one was packaged with 1.4/1.5 and corrected with the current "1.5". Also, I didn't put it on mega, but the initial release of 1.2 had an Asian installer and was re-released with one that presumably listens the OS code page instead. That sort of mess is also why I tend to keep (and try to keep an eye on) the things...

Sooo did u try the 1.5gen s version??? or u stay at 1.4 that u prefer.....and the difference is mostly in temperature control mode isn't it???

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Sooo did u try the 1.5gen s version??? or u stay at 1.4 that u prefer.....and the difference is mostly in temperature control mode isn't it???
There have been a pile of gen issues - misreading coil resistance, STC being off, TC doing odd... pulsy... things... so far 1.4 and Gen S 1.0 have both been usable for me, I didn't run into issues with 1.5 but I only had it on there briefly, and I've been using the Gen S 1.0 since it was released (though I have to be attentive to not set the max wattage too high as it hard ramps to it when firing.)

• Useful
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
There have been a pile of gen issues - misreading coil resistance, STC being off, TC doing odd... pulsy... things... so far 1.4 and Gen S 1.0 have both been usable for me, I didn't run into issues with 1.5 but I only had it on there briefly, and I've been using the Gen S 1.0 since it was released (though I have to be attentive to not set the max wattage too high as it hard ramps to it when firing.)

Hmmmmm thanks a lot.... I have also seen those problems u mention if I am not wrong...my gen came with 1.3version... Last question ...about the wrong ohm readings....did u notice in wattage mode or only in temp? I guess I am gonna flash 1.4 or the latest 1.5 that I guess it's the gen s 1 as u say caus the file from vaporesso say gen so and since it works good for you....tyvm

CroVaper

Dec 18, 2019
From where? As far as I can tell, Vaporesso only offers the latest update for download, not original versions or older updates...

Vaporesso Downloads, User Manuals and Firmware » Vaporesso

View a few pages back, there is a post with old versions for download... You have nothing to lose when the device is already bricked

I'm using the last 1.5 (1.0 gen s on first gen) and so far I have no problems except of course TC mode... Ohm reading is also wrong for .10 in power mode but that doesn't bother me

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
about the wrong ohm readings....did u notice in wattage mode or only in temp?
I've not had this issue myself. I'd suspect 510 press fit might contribute more to this than firmware, or possibly the mod jumping the gun and reading resistance while still attaching the atomizer.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Notes: The Gen S uses the same firmware with the Gen, so this firmware can also be applied to the Gen S mod. So it might display Gen S V1.0 instead of Gen V1.5 for this firmware. But you can tell from the date, the 20200810 one is from August 10th which will be the latest one
This is all good but it shouldn't be so difficult for your customers to upload your firmware. Someone who hasn't read this thread will not know the above information you shared (unless engineers added specific notes/instructions with the file).

Chelsea, aside from all this, I still enjoy my older Vaporesso mods.:)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
That sort of mess is also why I tend to keep (and try to keep an eye on) the things...
Thanks, Joe, for your contribution. I only came back here because a friend just got a Gen and seems happy with it. It looks like he has V1.0 (which is actually the new V1.5) according to your above post. Still, I've never seen such confusion over firmware updates and it just shouldn't be this way. Wow, what a run!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks, Joe, for your contribution. I only came back here because a friend just got a Gen and seems happy with it. It looks like he has V1.0 (which is actually the new V1.5) according to your above post. Still, I've never seen such confusion over firmware updates and it just shouldn't be this way. Wow, what a run!
I am, I think, said friend. Just got the Gen X from Sourcemore for review purposes. Having heard that TC was an issue, I immediately put in what I believe to be the most difficult coil to regulate... a hand cut SS mesh coil (using Vandy Vape SS mesh on the spool, but cut to an appropriate width and length) in a Wotofo Profile Unity RTA. Honestly, I had to install 2 coils... the device read the coil correctly the first time, but I tried to pulse it in SmartTC mode, and the coil was immediately and spectacularly melted (note to self: don't do that!). The second coil was installed and wicked and primed with the device set to wattage mode at 15 watts. I allowed everything to cool after reassembling, and reset the mod to SmartTC. I am on the fourth tank fill using an 80/20 blend, and, thus far, there have been no dry hits. I did experience a little scratchiness after the first tank, but a quick trim and fluff of the wicks solved that issue... not the mods fault, but the builders. I cannot speak to any firmware version before the 2020/08/10 V1.0 firmware that came on the device, but, thus far, I am duly impressed.

Next step? I've got a Dead Rabbit V2 with a set of SS fused clapton (6 wrap 3.0mm 36/26x2 0.12Ω) all set up and ready to go in TC modes. After that, I've got a Dead Rabbit V1 fitted with a couple Ni80 fused clapton (same spec as the SS, but 0.17Ω) ready to go. Might even get adventurous, and try a Kanthal A1 round wire MTL build in the Expromizer V4. If you wanna hear how it turns out, or if you want something different run in/on it tag me, and I'll see what I can do...

Reactions: joeblowma

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
About the TC in my vaporesso gen...I got the first gen but I have seen that in temp control sometimes when u choose smart temp and it scans it or when u screw a tank with stainless steel on it sometimes it fires it with a lot of power...not always but had happend to me so yeah there is a glitch but I don't use temp control now and never have seen it do that :p

Skitsospaz

Dec 5, 2020
muth can you please contact me about aegis battery cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread