Status
Not open for further replies.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Sorry for your inconvenience. The Gen mod is designed with a smaller screen which will have some limitations of display. And currently our devices will light the screen everytime when you press the fire button. The file name does have the firmware version. And for the customizability, we will test and confirm it soon.
Just please get the TC working as it should.

ScratchnSniff

Jun 21, 2014
Thailand
HorseLady , the Geek Vape mods work flawlessly with TC. I have an Aegis Solo and have been running it in TC since day one. I cannot tell the difference between the Solo and my dna mods in TC. That speaks volumes IMO. I like the Solo so much I ordered another.

It's a shame because I really like the looks of the Gen but looks only get you so far. It needs to work flawlessly with zero bugs or issues for me.

ETA: I would return the Gen for a refund or exchange for a Solo.

Yes the Solo was a BIG surprise to me in terms of how well it does TC. Very good indeed and this coming from someone who loves and is used to DNA TC vaping. Biggest knock I have on the Solo is that the battery cap on mine, even when screwed in as much and as safely as can be, protrudes slightly and makes a bit of a wobble. Also don't like the idea of the cap potentially scratching when moved about on wood tables etc. The tolerance for the cap depth should have been better. Tried several different 18650 batteries and it is consistently protruding some.

In defense of Vaporesso, my Luxe S mod does TC very well, so I would hope they can make the Gen do TC at least equally as well.

SolVenatus

Sep 7, 2019
The A1M .2Ohm mesh coil my Kylin M came with works perfectly fine.

I tried SS316L Mesh Coils because I wanted to use TC and even though the GEN recognized the coil as SS and asked me if I wanted smart TC. I said yes and fired the coil and it immediately burnt the coil in half. This was just on a quick tap to test how even the coil was heating.

I figured, that had to be a fluke. Nope! Same thing on the second coil. Selected smart TC, barely hit the fire button, and it glowed a bit. I figured ok, let's see that inside out glow. Nope! Test fired it again for around a half second and the coil burnt through and pieces of coil flew. One piece melted a nice little hole in the finish of my brand new gen.

Being an idiot, I figured, ok, let's try this one more time in DIY mode and take the voltage way down. However, DIY mode, did nothing at all. The puff timer on the screen would increment, but the Gen wasn't sending any power to the coil at all.

I'm so disappointed in this mod. It's beautiful, but this firmware, 1.2 because I updated it when I opened the box, is total crap. Either that or the chip itself is crap.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I will leave the previous version of Gen firmware here if you need. We can not make sure it's really about the firmware. But we will still give an extra option here about the access to the previous version. We will keep pushing our engineers team to look into the issue and work on further firmware update to fix this
GEN_Ver1.00.rar

NAOUFAL

Sep 12, 2019
[QUOTE = "Vaporesso_Chelsea, post: 21980929, membre: 292845"] Bonjour les fans d’ECF,

Je ne sais pas si l'un d'entre vous a déjà le mod Gen en main. Ça vous plaît?

Votre Gen détectera automatiquement la résistance de toutes vos bobines, MAIS elle ne réglera automatiquement rien pour vous SAUF si vous utilisez une bobine de contrôle de la température (TC).

Il vous demandera si vous souhaitez passer en mode SMART TC - l'intelligent signifie qu'il va régler la température appropriée pour vous.
Je sais que, pour certains débutants qui préfèrent utiliser le mode en watts, le fait de recommander la puissance en watts pour vous lors de la fixation d’un nouveau réservoir est peut-être une bonne chose.

Maintenant, nos ingénieurs font une mise à jour du firmware pour ajouter le mode intelligent dans lequel vous recommandera à la fois la résistance et la puissance en watts.

Téléchargez sur notre site Web: https://www.vaporesso.com/download-manuals-for-vapes

Alors pensez-vous que cette fonctionnalité est nécessaire ou non? Commentaire pour nous faire savoir
[ATTACH = full] 830879 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
: pouces: Merci beaucoup

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
I will leave the previous version of Gen firmware here if you need. We can not make sure it's really about the firmware. But we will still give an extra option here about the access to the previous version. We will keep pushing our engineers team to look into the issue and work on further firmware update to fix this
GEN_Ver1.00.rar
i hope in the next update you can still show Voltage in watt/pulse mode,
and where the CCVV mode?, i'm using alot on my luxe

Alissonrgk

Aug 6, 2019
oitudo bem nao consigo atualizar meu mod vaporesso gen de erro
upload_2019-10-4_22-7-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-4_22-6-17.png
    upload_2019-10-4_22-6-17.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 28

CMPico

Oct 5, 2019
@Vaporesso_Chelsea I have connected the vaporesso gen to my computer using the usb cable in the proper ways with the battery out and holding the fire button . The computer recognizes it as HID Transfer but neither one of the two E-cigarette studio versions are able to detect the device on the list in order to install the rom and complete the firmware flash. How did I get the E-Cigarette studio software to detect my vaporesso gen?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
@Vaporesso_Chelsea I have connected the vaporesso gen to my computer using the usb cable in the proper ways with the battery out and holding the fire button . The computer recognizes it as HID Transfer but neither one of the two E-cigarette studio versions are able to detect the device on the list in order to install the rom and complete the firmware flash. How did I get the E-Cigarette studio software to detect my vaporesso gen?
i also can't get the software to detect my gen mod

Skymaster

Oct 5, 2019

You have to use the cable in the box the original one or pc wont recognize the mod.

Chaku

Aug 18, 2019
so what is going on vaporesso?? two months later the tc mode doesnt work with kylin m or profile unity ss316l 200 mesh, this is really bad. i dont wanna use the mod, because its burning down the cotton everytime and there is no support from vaporesso. wanna be the next smok? what is wrong with vaporesso? i am really ......!!! i have the mod here since 2 month and can't use it :mad::mad::mad:

Chaku

Aug 18, 2019
So sorry for your inconvenience. Does it not work both in Smart TC and regular TC mode? Did you try the same on another mod with the same settings? And how does it work?
i can use this mesh and these tanks on my gen3, nunchaku, paranormal and my minikin and it works still fine on the other mods. but not on the gen, and smart tc was a thing, why i choosed the gen! and now 2 months later there is no update for those problems!!! it still burn the cotton down, this is truly s...

• Agree
Reactions: muth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread