Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshxp

Oct 31, 2019
@Vaporesso_Chelsea Glad to hear you update the firmware.
i've bought this awesome mod. and for me before update the firmware, firing delay almost dont have, but after 1.3 i feels like there's have a firing delay about 0.3 - 0.5 and it's bothering me a bit.
and a little things that maybe cons from the lcd, the flipped option only have option upside and downside flip. and i think it would be great if you added more flipped from left to right and vice versa.
everything else just work fine to me. thanks

Coiso

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Portugal
Hey guys, got this mod and tried it before from a friend loved it wanted to see if it did a good TC discovered in reviews that it had a DIY mode etc etc bla bla bla and now I have one.

First experience was, forget a TC where I can't choose wattage because I vape at low resistances and at low wattage mainly in kayfuns, so I don't really care if it has 3.0ohms or 0.3ohms, only a good coil that takes the power heats up and gives good vapor. Kayfuns unless you use 24g wire won't need more than 15W or it will taste burned.

So today I updated my Gen firmware, directly from 1.0(in the software said it was 1.01) to 1.3 didn't test the 1.2 firmware. I must say I hated the experience.
Since yesterday I turned on the mod, put my kayfun on it with an SS316L 26g 6 wraps rounded wire in it, went directly to DIY mode TCR 92 and 14W. Amazing vape. Loved it.

Today with the 1.3 firmware tried the STC and the DIY TC and..... mehhhh. It cuts the vapor down like after one second and then it comes back but... mehhhh... weak. It does what most of mods do, all the TCR and settings ok but... it cuts back the vapor... mehhh.

Got back home and luckly found the post where vaporesso shared the 1.0 firmware and I was way happy(this is not good) that I could reverse the update back to stock.
Conclusion now DIY mode SS316L tcr 92 14W kayfun prime amazing vape. LOVE IT. STC mode just did like... half a second test, waaaay burnt. So..
  • 1.0 STC forget it, you have to vape it in DL VG show off mode.And you can't choose wattage.
  • 1.0 DIY mode I like it, very nice TC, for me it has the innokin proton quality although it is not pretty much automatic, it's DIY and you have to know the values for the settings. But once you get it right, amazing.
  • 1.3 STC it's quite good because it doesn't burn like in 1.0 but it is very weak, we feel the vapor cutting back in the middle of the drag and it is not satisfying.
  • 1.3 DIY it's quite bad because it is like 1.3 STC, ok it doesn't burn but it is not satisfying.
What I would love? to see the exact 1.0 firmware DIY mode at least for SS. Good vape, it doesn't cut the vapor back and it doesn't even comes close to feel like burning or messing the flavour. But the STC being even better but kind of the one we have in the 1.3 firmware.

For now I'll forget STC and keep mine with the 1.0 firmware.

xcore33

Nov 2, 2019
if you bring the mod to your ear, press the fire, with the tank wound up, I hear clicks, like a crack of electricity, like a very quiet crack? Firmware 1.3 did not notice this before. To hear this, it is advisable to reduce the power to a minimum so that the sounds of the tank do not interfere. And listen to the sounds near the connector. Is this the norm?

pexuk

Oct 10, 2019
if you bring the mod to your ear, press the fire, with the tank wound up, I hear clicks, like a crack of electricity, like a very quiet crack? Firmware 1.3 did not notice this before. To hear this, it is advisable to reduce the power to a minimum so that the sounds of the tank do not interfere. And listen to the sounds near the connector. Is this the norm?
I'm not listening that...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I do not own the device, but viewing the objective measurements of it, I also do not understand some of it’s functionalities, and question their usefulness.

From what I am able to tell, both Eco and Pulse mode are a variant of Pulse Width Modulation (not exactly PWM but something similar), which can be applied to keep a more consistent coil temperature during regular power usage. This is performed by pulsing the applied power (in simple terms) which depending on the frequency of the pulsing, will be the reason why some can hear the pulsing in operation. Some PWM mods also exhibit this noise, often referred to as a rattle snake sound. It’s an annoyance but normal. The reason why it is not heard at some power levels is because the frequency has changed to that beyond human capabilities. Fido or Fluffy (pet dog or cat), will still hear it.

This variant of PWM implementation can also save on battery life – how much, I have no idea. But from what I can tell, both Eco and Pulse settings are the exact same…no difference! However, it is stated that Eco can detect battery voltage to where if applied at lower voltages, can further save on battery life while still trying to maintain maximum output. Perhaps the measurements I have viewed did not test with low(er) voltage cells.

Trying to wrap my head around Smart TC for there are way too many unknown variables involved for a device to detect the type of metal utilized within a coil, thus apply the correct (or close to) TCR value. This feature is guessing at best what the coil material is. Or just assuming all are using Stainless Steel - but even then there are still many variants of Stainless Steel.

Perhaps Smart TC was implemented for Vaporesso’s own coils, where many of the unknown variables will be known to the engineers. This would makes sense to me but should be noted within the documentation if that was the case.

The firmware of the measurements for Temp Control that I viewed was not disclosed – the measurements, although I have seen much worse, did not present what I would consider an optimum operation. Perhaps this has been improved upon…no comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: muth

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
This will be my first mod ever. Arriving tomorrow. Upon reading the last couple pages of user complaints I'm starting to have second thoughts. The communication from this company seems very poor as well. Not looking good...

So do you recommend that I don't update the firmware from whatever it comes with?

I have had two of the GEN's running constantly for the last month, and am nothing but pleased with them.
Generally I use SS coils or SS mesh, both of which I run in TC with the TCR set to 92, and am very happy with the result.
I have used the same devices in Pulse as well as VW, and am not able to fault the GEN.
Now that I have installed firmware V1.3 I find that STC now works pretty much the same as TC SS, where with V1.0 STC was no where near acceptable.
As always your experience and expectations may be different to mine, but personally I am very happy with the Vaporesso GEN.

Reactions: Sonam

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
I have had two of the GEN's running constantly for the last month, and am nothing but pleased with them.
Generally I use SS coils or SS mesh, both of which I run in TC with the TCR set to 92, and am very happy with the result.
I have used the same devices in Pulse as well as VW, and am not able to fault the GEN.
Now that I have installed firmware V1.3 I find that STC now works pretty much the same as TC SS, where with V1.0 STC was no where near acceptable.
As always your experience and expectations may be different to mine, but personally I am very happy with the Vaporesso GEN.
how much wattage do you using?

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
@varcetty Everyone will experience TC differently, which is the beauty of TC, you can make it do what you want.
You will have to experiment with the temp and wattage to get what you personally like.
MTL settings will differ from DL settings for instance.
I would start with wattage at 20W and temp at 210C, and then adjust both up or down, until I get what I feel is the right combination of warmth and strength.
You will have to adjust to suit your own vaping style and preference.

ej2_sir

Mar 3, 2014
uk
As a balanced view, i personally find its the one of the worse mods ive ever owned. Granted i use mainly dna mods but i like a nice slim beater mod for out and about. Bought it to replace my aspire archon which gave me 2 odd years of great service. Temp control is laughably bad. As i reported earlier, after firmware update i now get a weak vape first hit then hits properly on subsequent ones. This is supposed to be an upgraded chip but my vaporesso armour works 100 times better... unfortunatley its not dual battery. I personally wont buy another vaporesso mod. Support is none existant and i feel like anyone who has bought this has been a guinea pig to test a product that should have had basic functionality sorted before releasing and cashing in!

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@ej2_sir mine worked great in DIY TC from the time I got it to a couple days after updating to 1.03 and started doing the same, weak first TC hit then normal after that. I even flashed it back to 1.01 to see if that made a difference, and it did not - now contemplating tracing the ground path to see if something is up there hardware wise.

ScratchnSniff

Jun 21, 2014
Thailand
I use DIY mode (M1) with a custom TC for SS316L and with TCR set at 88. I am finding the TC experience is a little bit better with the newest firmware but still not as good as the Luxe S and far from what a DNA chipset mod provides.

This latest Gen firmware still has the annoying and unnecessary spike of power at the very first moment of vape (an audible crackling) and then it reduces/sags momentarily before proceeding with a fairly consistent vape output. Also, this power spike still cannot be adjusted away and it remains there regardless of having set a minimum of 5 W together with TCR of 88....it has the same spike as I find with a setting of 40 W. In contrast, the Luxe S has a pretty nice and smooth vape right from the start with no spikes and no sags.

• Informative

ej2_sir

Mar 3, 2014
uk
@ej2_sir mine worked great in DIY TC from the time I got it to a couple days after updating to 1.03 and started doing the same, weak first TC hit then normal after that. I even flashed it back to 1.01 to see if that made a difference, and it did not - now contemplating tracing the ground path to see if something is up there hardware wise.
In a way I'm kind of glad someone else is having the same issues as to me it proves it's most likely a firmware issue. I have asked @Vaporesso_Chelsea to look into it and emailed vaporesso support but got no reply or just a request for a video which is impossible to show the issue. If you find any solution let me know.

Tattedmeebs

Nov 9, 2019
I feel like I'm the only one with an issue in pulse mode. No matter what tank I use, the resistance reads 0.15+ ohms higher than it should. I've taken those same tanks, put them on other devices and validate a correct resistance. I only got to use the mod for a month before I had to shelf it because I cannot accept this. I've waited to see if anyone else ran into this issue, but cannot wait any longer to ask how to get this fixed. I tried updating the firmware and that did nothing to solve the problem. Very disappointed that to date, I had an amazing device that has turned into an amazingly oversized paperweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread