hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to another review by yours truly. Today I will be discussing the vaporesso gen nano kit which was sent to me to provide a fair and honest review by vaporesso. I have had the kit for a little over a week now and having been familiar with the original Gen, I have a pretty good feel for the operation of the Nano. Let’s go now and take a look.

What’s in the box?

• 1 x GEN NANO MOD

• 1 x GTX TANK 22 (3.5ml)

• 1 x GTX 0.2Ω MESH Coil

• 1 x GTX 0.6Ω MESH Coil

• 1 x Glass Tube(2ml)

• 3 x O-ring

• 1 x USB Cable

• 1 x GTX Coil Reminder Card

• 1 x User Manual

• 1 x Warranty Card

upload_2020-7-24_13-9-28.png

Specifications:

Dimensions: 115.0 x 40.3 x 24.2mm
      Coils: GTX 0.2Ω MESH Coil
      GTX 0.6Ω MESH Coil
      Compatible with other GT coils
      Tank Capacity: 3.5ml
      Output Power: 5-80W
      Battery Capacity: Built-in 2000mAh
      Display: 0.91" OLED Screen
      Charging Current: DC 5V/2A, Micro USB

upload_2020-7-24_13-9-28.jpg

First Impressions:

I already owned two of the original Vaporesso Gen mods before receiving this unit for review so had a pretty good feeling that I knew what to expect. I normally buy mostly black or silver mods with the occasional blue but when I opened the box on this one, I immediately liked the color. It has the same rubber coating on it as the original which I very much like the feel of. The mod itself is small even for a 2000mah unit. It’s comfortable to hold and there are no sharp corners to speak of. It does have a built in battery which I don’t mind at all. I have several mods with built in batteries and they tend to last a very long time. One thing that I like the Vaporesso does is that they put a menu button on the mod so that you don’t have to figure out the right combination of buttons to get into the menu system. You just push and hold the menu button for three seconds and it takes you to the menu system where you find Pulse, Power Eco, Smart TC, DIY mode, System set, and Exit. In the DIY mode you can pick from all of the normal modes you would use on most mods. There’s VW, VT, VV, CCW, BP, and SP. The others are obvious as to what they are but BP is bypass and SP is Super Player which I’m not familiar with. Three clicks of the fire button will lock or unlock the unit. Five clicks for on and off. The buttons are a little clicky which I like. I also like the gold color of the fire button which really pops in my opinion.

The tank that comes with it is the GTX Tank 22. It has a 3.5ml capacity. When I first tried to open the tank to fill I thought it was going to be a lift and slide but it is not. The cap screws completely off to expose the tank glass and there is not a top cap with fill ports. I thought that was kind of odd. It is easy to fill but you need to make sure not to pour liquid down the center and keep an eye on the liquid as you’re filling the tank so as to not over fill and spill out. I wouldn’t call it flooding but did notice after refilling the tank that the coil was super saturated the first few puffs until it went back to normal. Here’s the good news. The tank uses the GTX coils which are used on the PM80, PM80se, and other Vaporesso devices so you don’t have to keep a bunch of different styles of coils. The kit came with the .6 and .2 ohm coils. I’m not going to comment a lot on the coils since I reviewed all of the GTX coils on my PM80se review as well as the RBA. I will just say that the .6 coil is my favorite and like it at 20 watts on this tank. I ran the airflow fully open and felt like I got a little better flavor with this same coil on the GTX tank than on the PM80se. Not a lot but a little. Also, if you want to use the RBA with it then get out your glasses. All of the coil style RBA’s are difficult for me to see as they take small coils and the screws are small. The GTX coils have different size openings depending on the resistance of the coil which helps to regulate the airflow. At first when running the .6 coil on this device, I felt like I wanted more air with the .6 coil but after it was broken in, it was just right for me. I felt like I got pretty good flavor and plenty of vapor for a small kit like this. If you move to the lower resistance coils like the .2 that is included then you will get more airflow and vapor production.

Final Thoughts:

I was a little surprised when I found out that the tank took the GTX coils. I think it’s a great idea to keep the coils the same across multiple devices. The mod has a great feel and appearance to it. I like that it has the puff counter on the main screen. I’ve been using the .6 coil set at 20 watts and have very much enjoyed the flavor and vapor I’ve been getting from the tank. With those settings, I had 540 puffs on the counter and 27% battery remaining before recharging. I personally like that it still has the micro usb port. Some will groan that it should have a usb-c instead but 90% + of my devices take a micro usb so it’s more convenient for me. Like I mentioned before, I like that it has the menu button which simplifies getting into the menu system to make changes. It’s a small enough device that it could be pocket carried. One thing that threw me off was how there isn’t a top cap with a fill port on the top of the tank. When you unscrew the top and remove it to fill, the glass is open for filling. Also I noticed the coil getting very saturated immediately after filling. Perhaps I was over filling but don’t think so. Over all it is a very good kit. I very much like the color fade on the mod and tank and felt like it performed well.

If you’re looking for a small but powerful mod that will fit in the palm of your hand with a tank that has coils that interchange with other Vaporesso devices then I would recommend giving this one a try. I did very much enjoy using it for this review. Once again, thanks go out to Vaporesso for supplying the kit for this review and thanks to the readers of my reviews. Below is a link to the Vaporesso website if you would like to learn more.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-nano

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread