Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone it's time for another review today and it's from Vaporesso again, only todays review will be on a full sized device and tank that comes in a very nice kit. The device being reviewed is the Gen S along with the NRG-S tank. The Gen S is the original Gen mod but with new colors and the new NRG-S tank that is included in the kit. You will notice in my review photos and also in the stock photos how nice Vaporesso made the tank color match the mod color in these kits ( 2 thumbs up Vaporesso :thumbs: ). As always lets get to know the Gen-S Kit a little bit before the review.

COLORS

Vaporesso-GEN-S-220W-TC-Kit-With-NRG-S-Tank_02_dce0f9.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

• 1 x GEN S mod
    • 1 × NRG-S tank (8ml)
    • 1 × GT4 Meshed coil
    • 1 × GT Meshed coil
    • 1 × Extra glass tube (5ml)

• 4 x O-rings
    • 1 × Micro USB cable
    • 1 × User manual
    • 1 x Warranty card

inthebox-normal.png

SPECIFICATIONS

gen-s-kit-specs.jpg

DIMENSIONS

spec-dimension.png

EXPLODED VIEW

gen-s-kit-components.jpg

ADVANCED AXON CHIP INSIDE

Vaporesso-Gen-S.jpg

FIRE RESISTANCE POLYCARBONATE | 4 TIMES METAL SPRAY | BREATHING RUBBER COATING

hl-design.png

2.5 AMP FAST CHARGING

hl-charging.png

PULSE MODE

Vaporesso_Gen_S_Kit_AXON_Chip.png

NRG-S TANK

authentic-vaporesso-gen-s-220w-tc-vw-box-mod-vape-starter-kit-w-nrg-s-tank-atomizer-rose-gold-5220w-2-x-18650-axon-chip.jpg

GT AND GT4 MESHED COILS

Vaporesso-Gen-S-US.jpg

ALL GT COILS

gens-coil.png

Opening up my Gen-S kit revealed a tray that the Gen-S and NRG-S tank sat in, underneath the tray was a box containing a spare 5ml glass, GT4 Meshed coil, 4 O-rings, braided metal charge cable, extra fill slot gasket, owners manual and warranty card. The NRG-S tank comes with the 8ml bubble glass already installed.

20200804_124139 (1).jpg

Picking the mod up the first thing I noticed was the rubber like coating of the mod itself, the hand feel of it just screamed comfort. The second thing that stood out was the weight before attaching the NRG-S tank, this is a full sized mod but it didn't feel like it. Even after installing the battery's which is done by removing a panel, the mod itself has a tiny groove at the bottom to assist you. There are 18 ventilation holes underneath the mod as shown.

20200804_130235.jpg

The battery tray utilizes a ribbon to make battery removal easier. The battery panel is held in place using 4 magnets and it fits solidly , I have 0 movement of the battery panel.

20200807_133731.jpg

The NRG-S tank has a screw off bottom cap that coil screws into. This tank is of a top fill type that uses a 510 diameter hole but because the drip tip is very wide bore it vapes like a 810 diameter. The top cap neither unscrews or slides instead the top cap swivels by locating small arrow and pushing in on the top cap where it swings out with a click to reveal the fill slot. I have had no trouble using Gorilla 100ml juice bottles because the top cap swings out far enough to access the fill slot 100%. I have had 0 mess filling the NRG-S tank. Closing the top cap also ends with a click. Both the top cap and bottom cap have knurling helping add some grip and I find it a attractive accent of the tank.

20200809_114104.jpg

Both coils provided give a very nice flavorful vape, using the preinstalled 0.18Ω coil I found it to be very airy even when closing down the duel air slot. ( air lovers dream ). Although it was airy I still had very good flavor at my sweet spot of 65w.

20200804_125147.jpg

My preferred coil is the GT 4, that for me seemed to refine and smoothen out the vape with even better flavor.

20200804_132958.jpg

THE GEN S MOD

As we move into the mod portion of the review I must again reiterate on just how good the coating of the mod feels in the hand, I wish every mod would use it. The Gen S is a duel 18650 that has a range of 5-220w and scrolls in .1 increments if taped but will scroll in 1w increments if held. Turning on as well as off is done by pressing the power button 5 times quickly. Turning the device on you are greeted with the Vaporesso logo, after the Gen S is on and a tank is installed the device will ask new / old load and after making your selection the Gen S will begin scanning the tanks resistance and determine a wattage starting point and start you at that wattage, this is just a starting point so you don't burn up a new coil, you can still adjust your wattage.

Unlike most mods that have 3 buttons (power, up, and down buttons ) the Gen S utilizes 4 buttons with the 4th being a dedicated menu button making it easier for the user without having to remember different button combinations. Locking the adjustment and menu buttons is done with 3 quick presses of the power button, the power button remains unlocked allowing the user to still be able to vape. The device will show a locked symbol on the display , if you try to adjust or use the menu a reminder of 3 presses to unlock will be on the display screen.

THE MENU

When first entering the menu by pressing and holding the menu Pulse mode will be displayed first and by pressing the down button will move you along to the next mode which is Power Eco mode, in power eco mode when activated the Gen S will conserve battery life when battery power is low, the next mode is Smart TC for temperature control users, next up is DIY mode and while in DIY mode pressing the menu button again will display another screen, first up is variable wattage next is variable temp, next is variable voltage, then bypass and finally super player mode in which once selected the user can use a coil as low as .03Ω.

Next in the menu is system set that once in allows the user to clear the puff counter, adjust brightness level, use smart variable wattage, flip the screen, turn on/off Auto Eco mode, default, version and finally exit.

The Gen S uses a 0.91' OLED screen that has all the information displayed in a nice layout that uses a battery % instead of a battery graph which I like better. There is one thing I'm torn on and that's the color of the power button being Gold, some days I wish it was the same color as the other button, today I'm glad it's Gold.

20200809_141521.jpg

Overall I really like the Gen S Kit for all of it's features and I would recommend it highly especially because it has functioned flawlessly, feels great in the hand, puts out above average flavor and it's so attractive.

20200809_113045.jpg

20200808_121342.jpg

20200804_132041.jpg

PROS
    * SUPER PLAYER MODE
    * BRIGHT DISPLAY
    * 220 watts
    * GREAT FLAVOR
    * SMART MODE
    * 8ML BUBBLE GLASS
    * 5ML SPARE GLASS
    * GREAT COILS
    * FANTASTIC HAND FEEL
    * LIGHTWEIGHT ( FOR A DUEL 18650 )
    * STABLE BATTERY PANEL ( NO MOVEMENT )
    * BATTERY % METER
    * NO MESS
    * CENTERED 510
    * EASY OPEN MESS FREE TOP FILL
    * MENU BUTTON

CONS
    * LOUD

FINAL THOUGHTS

Well as you can probably tell I really like the Gen S Kit from Vaporesso and highly recommend it to anyone from a new vaper to a veteran vaper, because the menu system is so easy to understand, a new vaper should have no problem understanding and using this kit. I would like to thank Jessica , Chelsea and Vaporesso for providing the Gen S for review and I hope this review helped anyone thinking of purchasing the Vaporesso Gen S Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Jebus, I'm loving the Lime Green color!

Have you tried a SKRR-S tank? Sadly the Gen S isn't available (yet) where I live so my best next option is that one so I'm trying to see what I should buy.

Thanks for the review!

I personally like the NRG tank best. I didn't really care for the SKRR-S tank.

• Love
    Reactions: bigbob2322

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Ooooh, good thing to know!

Any specific reason? To keep myself informed! And thanks for your comment! :D

I just didn't find the flavor as good, and mine had a slight leaking/oozing problem that just annoyed me. I am a fan of the NRG tanks and the GT coils.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread