hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. This time I’m going to be reviewing the vaporesso Gen S kit with the new NRG-S tank. I already own two of the original vaporesso Gen mods which I am told is the same as the Gen S except that the new one offers some different colors. I purchased the Gen mods I have and never did a review on them so I will go ahead and cover the Gen S fully. I was sent the kit for the purpose of writing an honest and fair review. I will do my best to accomplish that.

What’s in the box?

1 x GEN S Mod

1 x NRG-S Tank (8ml)

1 x GT4 Meshed Coil

1 x GT Meshed Coil

1 x Extra Glass Tube (5ml)

4 x O-Rings

1 x Micro USB Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Warranty Card

upload_2020-7-29_11-29-37.png

Specifications:

1. 8ml NRG-S Tank with top filling design
      2. Dual 18650 batteries with 220W max output
      3. AXON chip for user-friendly operating system
      4. GT Mesh coils with the upgraded MESHED technology
      5. 4 modes: Pulse Mode, Power ECO, Smart TC and DIY
      6. 2.5A fast charging in 60 minutes
      7. 0.91-inch OLED screen for clear information

upload_2020-7-29_11-29-37.png

upload_2020-7-29_11-29-37.jpg

First impressions:

I know I’ve mentioned this before but I’m not usually one to like bright colored mods. Just like the Nano, this one was an exception. I received the lime green kit and immediately liked the color. The mod itself has a nice rubberized coating on it that is comfortable in the hand. It is a bit wide but that’s to be expected with a dual 18650 battery powered mod. As you can see in the picture above, the battery polarity is clearly marked inside the unit and it has the little strap to lay underneath the batteries to make them easier to remove. The battery cover also gives a recommendation on what type of batteries to use. The magnets on the battery cover and mod are very strong and I didn’t experience any kind of wiggle. It is a very good fit. It boasts a 2.5 amp charging rate and 60 minute charge time if you have to charge the batteries inside the unit even though it’s not normally recommended. One thing that I really like on the Gen S and the Gen Nano is the menu button. It greatly simplifies using the mod. Just press and hold the menu button to access the menu. From there you will see Pulse Mode, Power Eco, Smart TC, DIY Mode, System Set, and Exit. I used it mostly in Pulse mode and got very good performance in my opinion. However, if you’d like to use it like a normal mod then you can choose DIY mode where you’ll find VW, VT,VV, CCW,BP,SP, and exit. I’m not sure why it was done this way but you have to go into System Set to see the puff counter. I would have preferred that it be on the main screen like it is on the Nano.

The tank that came with the Gen S is the new NRG-S tank. It has an 8ml capacity with the installed bubble glass or 5ml capacity with the included spare glass. The kit comes with the GT Mesh coil and the GT4 Mesh coil. I started with the GT Mesh coil and had 580 puffs on the counter when I changed to the GT4 Mesh coil. The GT was still working but the flavor production had subsided a fair amount. In all fairness, I was using a fairly sweet lemon pound cake recipe in it so I thought that was pretty good coil life. I could have kept using it but the flavor had faded enough that I thought it was time to move on to the GT4 coil. Both coils start their wattage range at 50 watts but I like a cooler vapor and found both of them to run very well for me at 35-40 watts. I started at 30 watts and worked my way up until I liked the flavor and temperature. I have the GT4 running at 36 watts and airflow about 1/3 open. I have almost 300 puffs on the counter and am still getting good flavor production. The GT4 mesh is rated at .15 ohms and recommended wattage of 50-75 while the GT mesh is rated at .18 ohms and 50-85 watts. The mod comes with the smart VW turned on where it will give you a recommended wattage setting when it senses the coil but this can be shut off in the System Setup menu. The drip tip that came with the tank is a little large for me but not uncomfortable. With extended use I will probably switch it out. The top cap on the tank slides open to fill and exposes a good sized fill port. Most bottles should fit it well for filling. I don’t know that I’ve used a tank with this much capacity before but found the 8ml capacity to be a nice feature. I have had some people complain that the tank uses a 510 drip tip but for me it was not an issue as I was getting plenty of airflow and didn’t feel like it restricted it. Below is a picture of the GT coil after 580 puffs with a pretty sweet liquid.

Final Thoughts:

I very much liked the simplicity of use of the Gen S. Like I mentioned before, the only difference between it and the original is the different colors. The ease of using the menu is a big plus for me. I do wish the puff counter was on the main screen though. The display is .91 inches which is a good size in my opinion and is bright enough. The brightness is adjustable in the menu. The rubberized coating and feel in the hand is something else that I like about this mod. The battery cover is tight and stays in place well. The tank has an 8ml capacity which I think many will like. The top slide is stiff enough that it doesn’t open accidentally and the fill port is a good size for most bottles. One other plus on this tank is that it can use any of the coils in the GT series. I personally have stocked up on the GT Ccell coils and enjoy them.

I think that the Gen S with NRG-S tank is a good kit. Whether you’re looking for a high output device or a dual battery device for longer battery life then I think this one is a good fit. I would like to thank Vaporesso for sending the kit for review and thanks to those who take the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Vaporesso website if you’d like to take a closer look at the Gen S.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-s

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks hittman :) and I have 2 questions.
    I think/hope that 145.5mm measurement is the mod with tank attached. How tall is just the mod?
    Is the mod outer body metal?

I just happen to have the mod and a digital caliper here. I'm getting 94 on the mod and 146 on the whole thing. The mod body is metal but has multiple layers of a rubberized coating on it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Fantastic coverage of this kit from Vaporesso Hitt, I know you didn't mention it in the review but aren't you surprised of the weight of this duel 18650 mod?

I honestly didn't think of it but you are right. It is very light for a dual battery mod.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Oh those colors. The rose gold and the cherry pink are SO appealing. I have the blue and it's been a fantastic mod.

Thanks for the review, I don't think the tank is for me but the mod sure is :)

Anna

The colors are what drew me to the original Gen mods. I have the blue/black and the black/white ones.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have the blue black. They have completely fixed the center pin issue right? I wonder where I could get one FAST. You know, a farewell to Douglas type thing....

Anna

I wasn’t aware of an issue with the center pin. I haven’t had any problems with mine. I’ll look around to see who has them in the US.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have the blue black. They have completely fixed the center pin issue right? I wonder where I could get one FAST. You know, a farewell to Douglas type thing....

Anna

Element vape has them in stock. You can get the kit or just the mod.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Labor day is right around the corner.

I'm gonna wait until I move. But yeah, I am seeing them in the US surely there is some sort of holiday coming up? IDK I barely know what day of the week it is.

Know it is the 30th though. Awsum.

Anna

• Informative

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That's awesome man because my life has been so laborious lately I cannot WAIT to go back to work where I can sit around a lot and like, make sure I'm not doing too much.

I'm SO sick of packing. The house sucked, mostly, but at least I had the buy in of "Woah, like we could make some dough on this thing. I am sick of packing,. my neck hurts I have a feeling not so much will be accomplished today holy bananas.

I need teleporter and THEN the mod.

Anna

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread