hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome back. I know it hasn’t been long since my last review but you can’t say I didn’t warn you that I had more coming. Thanks for tuning in. Today I will be taking a look at the vaporesso GTX Go 40 and GTX Go 80 kits. I decided to combine them into one review because they are very similar but there are a few differences. I’ve always considered vaporesso to be an innovative company and once again they have come out with a new design in these simple kits that I am rather excited to talk about. I was sent two of each for the review by vaporesso to provide a fair and honest review so let’s see if I can accomplish that.

GTX GO 40

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-40-Kit-Colors.jpg

GTX GO 80

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Colors.jpg

IMG-5187.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE GTX GO 40 AND 80 BOXES?

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Content.jpg

GTX GO 40

FEATURES:

• 1. Top filling method
    • 2. Magnetic pod with precise airflow adjustment
    • 3. SSS leak resistant technology to lock your juice in
    • 4. Adopts all GTX coils, including an RBA finish
    • 5. 1500mAh built-in battery
    • 6. 40W max output with type-c quick charging
    • 7. One-click satisfaction, comfortable grip

GTX GO 80

• 1. Top filling method
    • 2. Magnetic pod with precise airflow adjustment
    • 3. SSS leak resistant technology to lock your juice in
    • 4. Adopts all GTX coils, including an RBA finish
    • 5. 3000mAh built-in battery
    • 6. 80W max output with type-c quick charging
    • 7. One-click satisfaction, comfortable grip

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Specification.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I really didn’t know much about the GTX Go 40 and 80 before I received them. I was surprised but grateful that Vaporesso sent two of each kit for the review. The packaging is pretty basic but that makes sense since they are basic devices in my opinion. I was a little surprised after examining the contents of each kit that each kit only included one coil. That is unusual for Vaporesso. In the past, every Vaporesso device that I can think of that I have reviewed has come with two coils or pods. I do think that I understand why. I believe these kits are designed for people that are either just switching to vaping or people that just want a no frills device that they can just pop a coil in and go without having to change any settings besides adjusting the airflow. It was a little nostalgic to use a tube style mod again. It had been ages since I’ve used one that wasn’t a box mod.

The GTX GO 40 obviously has a 40 watt output maximum. It contains a built in 1500mah battery and includes the new GTX22 pod which holds 3.5ml of liquid and came with a .6 ohm GTX coil. To me the pod somewhat resembles the pod that came with the PX80 kit that I reviewed in the past. The pod is slightly tinted but clear enough that I can clearly see how much liquid is in the pod. That I like very much. I’m so sick of pods where you have to shine a flashlight through them to see how much liquid remains in the pod. One thing that is different about this pod compared to the PX80 is that it is a top fill. Someone at Vaporesso was listening to us. I wouldn’t even call it a ¼ turn. The top cap just takes a very slight turn to take it off to refill. I liked the molded tip on the top cap well enough but do kind of wish that the tip was replaceable. There is a red seal on the bottom of the top cap and the fill port on the GTX22 pod has a gasket that you insert the tip of your fill bottle through that helps to keep liquid from spilling. There is also a vent hole to try to keep it from vapor locking. I might have been trying to fill the pod too fast but I had to squeeze and then release my bottle a few times while filling instead of being able to just squeeze and hold the bottle. It was kind of like a pressure lock.

upload_2021-5-28_20-30-48.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-31-7.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-31-29.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-31-56.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-32-18.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-32-40.png

upload_2021-5-28_20-33-6.png

The GTX GO 80 once again is obviously an 80 watt maximum output device. It contains a 3000mah internal battery. The pod included with the 80 is the GTX26 pod and has a liquid capacity of 5ml. The coil included with this kit just happens to be my favorite GTX coil the .2 ohm coil. I very much like this coil at 45 watts and the airflow mostly open in other devices and liked it in the GTX26 pod with the airflow about ¾ open. Just like the GTX22 pod, the GTX26 pod is top fill with the same design elements as the 22. I had the same experience when filling the 26 and had no mess with either one.

Both devices have a USB-C charging port and have the Vaporesso name on one side and the V logo on the other side. The fire button on both is a textured plastic and sticks out slightly. Both devices also utilize the SSS leak resistant technology. I have had no leaking whatsoever with either unit and almost no condensation. The GTX Go 40 came with only the .6 coil but I decided that I’d like to try a coil with more airflow so installed a .3 coil from my personal stock. I really liked it for DTL but the 1500mah didn’t last quite as long. Then with the GTX Go 80 I decided to go the opposite direction from the .2 included coil and put a .6 ohm coil from my stock. The airflow even fully open was restricted quite a bit due to the design of the coil. I was able to do a somewhat airy MTL vape with this set up and the 3000mah battery seemed to last forever. Both devices also have a ring of light around the fire button that is illuminated when pressed indicating the battery level. The highest is green followed by blue and then red. When it turns red it’s time to charge the device.

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Comfortable-Grip.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Dimensions.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Explodedview.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-GTX-Coil.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Highlight-Airflow-Adjustment.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Quick-Charging.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-SSS-Leak-Resistant.jpg

Vaporesso-GTX-GO-80-Kit-Top-filling.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

First of all, I think it was very smart for Vaporesso to design the new pods with top fill and continue to use the GTX series of coils. I did enjoy testing both the GTX Go 40 and 80. I can definitely see the advantage of such a simple design especially for those that are just switching to vaping. Just install any coil within the operating range of the 40 or any of the GTX coils with the 80 and take a puff. It is nice that you can turn the pod to adjust the airflow through the slots cut out in the top of the body. The top fill seal on the pods allows filling with virtually no mess and helps to prevent leaking if tipped over with the top cap off. The magnets hold the pod in securely with little or no chance of the pod coming off by accident.

I would have to say that my favorite coils that I used were the .2 coil in the GTX Go 80 and the .3 coil in the GTX Go 40. I would have liked the .6 coil in the 40 more if I could have changed the tip on the top cap. The .6 coil restricts the airflow enough that I would have preferred a smaller drip tip. I guess that would be my one con with both of these devices. I would have liked to have been able to change the drip tips out but they are molded as part of the top caps. The tip on the 80 isn’t bad with the .2 coil since it’s DTL. I don’t know for sure but wouldn’t think it would have been too hard to make the tips replaceable. However, I think that these kits are going to be rather inexpensive so they were probably made that way in order to keep costs down as well as keeping new users from losing the tips and not having replacements like a lot of us more experience vapers do.

Here we are again at the end. I apologize if I didn’t cover every detail but tried to focus more on my experience with these devices. Would I recommend the GTX Go 40 and 80 for you? If you’re looking for a simple device with no frills that vapes well and uses the tried and true GTX series of coils then yes I would. I’d like to thank Vanessa and Vaporesso for sending these devices for review. As always, thanks to everyone that takes the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Vaporesso site if you’d like to take a more in depth look at these devices.

Vaporesso » GTX Go 80/40

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice one again Hitt, I hope this is a sign that Vaporesso is indeed staying with GTX coils in future pods and or tanks.

Thanks! I’ve lost count but there are a lot of devices that use those coils.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Has a hint of that old hybrid mechs look to it. I like the simplicity, sometimes I think systems get overly complicated. Although subohm isn't my thing it's nice to have a wider range of coils. Great review Thank you!

Sometimes simple is better. A lot of times I’ll buy a mod or kit and not use half the functions. The gtx coils go up to 1.2 ohm and the higher the resistance the less airflow they allow so I think you could probably do a fairly tight mtl.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review, time for my stupid question. Will the pod work with the swag px80?

That’s actually a good question. I just tried it and it does fire and allow airflow but doesn’t perfectly match up with the airflow slot but it does work. It just covers the holes some. That’s with the gtx26 pod.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    That’s actually a good question. I just tried it and it does fire and allow airflow but doesn’t perfectly match up with the airflow slot but it does work. It just covers the holes some. That’s with the gtx26 pod.
    Thanks, I do like the Swag PX80, just not fond of the bottom fill.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks, I do like the Swag PX80, just not fond of the bottom fill.

A lot of pod mods are bottom fill. I just got another one for review yesterday. The bottom filling does get tiresome after a while if you are using the same one a lot. Just keep 10 in rotation and you won’t have to fill as often. However, lack of use sometimes leads to leaking depending on the pod and coils.

Reactions: dennism

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    A lot of pod mods are bottom fill. I just got another one for review yesterday. The bottom filling does get tiresome after a while if you are using the same one a lot. Just keep 10 in rotation and you won’t have to fill as often. However, lack of use sometimes leads to leaking depending on the pod and coils.
    To be honest, I don't feel that keeping 10 in rotation is the answer for me. Vaporesso should come up with a better fill system

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    To be honest, I don't feel that keeping 10 in rotation is the answer for me. Vaporesso should come up with a better fill system

I was just joking about having ten. Who knows, maybe they’ll come out with a top fill tank for the px80. This one is very close to fitting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread