Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Another pod-mod by vaporesso, the new Luxe PM40. A device that from looks straight away reminds me of the Nord X, it has the same shape and a screen on its side.

Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for providing me with this kit!

Specifications

In the Box:

1 x LUXE PM40 Battery
2 x LUXE PM40 Cartridge (4ml)
1 x GTX-2 0.6Ω MESH COIL
1 x GTX-2 0.8Ω MESH COIL
1 x Type-C USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 X Warranty Card

Review:

It looks fancy this device and the machining is done very well. The front and back panel flow well into the metal frame of the device of which I like the 'gunmetalish' color. It just feels very properly made. It is on the small side and very pocketable.

And to come straight into something I don't like much, it is the fire-button. It is the only button on the device so I would expect it to be well made, but it feels cheap compared to the rest of the device. It is made from thin plastic and it rattles quite a bit, such a pity as the device itself is so promising.

Good thing is that it his airflow adjustment with the lever on the back panel of the device. On mine it is not moving very smoothly, need to apply quite some force for it to move, but I guess that’s a good thing. Airflow is restricted DTL only, when fully open it still is restrictive. With the 0.8ohm coil and the airflow entirely closes you still get a loose MTL draw, that is because there is lots of airflow going through the top of the device. Even when I strongly seal the airflow inlets on the side there is still a loose type of MTL draw, so for me this device is restricted DTL only, but that's because I like tight MTL.

Screen is nice and bright, not sure why it is not centralized, it is displaying on the left of the screen panel. It contains the necessary info, puff counter, resistance, wattage level and battery indicator.

There is not much you can do with this device apart from firing and adjusting wattage, you for example not reset the puff counter which is kind of a pity. To adjust the wattage you simply click 3 times and then the wattage starts blinking, each click is 1W up and once reaching its max 40W it sets back to 5W. Holding down the fire button allows for fast scrolling and once the desired wattage is reached you simply wait for it to stop blinking.

A very impressive 1800mAh battery for the size of the device. It charges rapidly in about 60 minutes with its USB-C 2A charging. I get about 250-280 puffs at 30W, which is a really good number for this type of device. Good job on the battery there Vaporesso.

Pods have one of my favorite type of fill system for a pod-system, just pop off the mouthpiece without having to take out the pod from the device. A large fill hole uncovers and the venting on the other side makes this an easy mess-free fill. Love it.

The pods click into the device with a click system and sit very well into place. 3ml capacity for this device and coils is more than enough, no need to regularly fill. Coils press fir right into place and voila, ready to fill and vape. Nice that Vaporesso included two pods in the kit so you can have two coils/flavors ready to be vaped on simultaneously.

GTX coils, have written about those many times. They are all delivering great flavor, very crisp and dense. Obviously the 0.6ohm one delivers more vapor than the 0.8ohm one, but both are flavor wise the same, simply fantastic. From how far I could investigate, not all GTX coils are compatible with the Luxe PM40, only the ones included in the kit. That means that we have a device that fires up to 40W, but coils that only fire up to 30W. I hope Vaporesso will release additional coils that can reach that 40W mark.

Conclusion:

A nice little pocketable RDL vape you get from the LUXE PM40.

With a very comfortable fill-system and minimal operation it is the perfect device for those that like to keep it simple but still expects a very flavorful dense vape.

With its 1800mAh battery you can get quite some vaping time out of it and with its USB-C 2A charge you are ready to go just within an hour, very impressive.

Downsides for me are the fire-button feeling a bit cheap, no way to reset puff-counter and the airflow not being true MTL.

I personally prefer the Vaporesso Xiron which I also reviewed (check my profile), but the Luxe PM40 is doing its job very well.

Thank you for reading, take care!
SP013

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review SP and I have to agree with the puff counter not being able to reset manually is a big let down especially being a built in battery device, you must have that option if your using the device for a ADV device which a lot of people do. The device works very well even though the one that was sent to me was a first run sample that had battery issues that have been corrected as your device proves.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Good review SP and I have to agree with the puff counter not being able to reset manually is a big let down especially being a built in battery device, you must have that option if your using the device for a ADV device which a lot of people do. The device works very well even though the one that was sent to me was a first run sample that had battery issues that have been corrected as your device proves.
    Thank you. To me 250 puffs on one 60 minute charge is indeed a good performing battery :)

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread