hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning/ afternoon to you. Today I have yet another review for you. I’ll be discussing the vaporesso Luxe Q pod device that was sent to me by vaporesso for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. It’s a very simplistic device so this should be a fairly short review. I have tested many different pod devices. Some for vaporesso and some from other manufacturers. It seems to me that the pod market is over saturated right now which makes it difficult to choose one that fits your needs without having to purchase several of them. Hopefully my review will help you make that decision as to whether the Luxe Q would be a good fit for your needs. Let’s take a look at what is included in the kit and some pictures then I’ll give my opinion on it.

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* LUXE Q Battery
    1* LUXE Q 0.8ohm Mesh Pod
    1* LUXE Q 1.2ohm Mesh Pod
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Package.jpg

IMG-4674-1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Pod Capacity

2ml

Pod Type

0.8ohm mesh pod, 1.2ohm mesh pod

Battery Capacity

1000mAh

Charging

Type-c, 1A

Filling Type

Top filling

Color

Green, Black, Red, Brown, Blue, White, Pink

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Specifications.jpg

FEATURES:

· 1. 1000mAh built-in battery capacity

· 2. SSS leak-resistant technology: Seal comprehensively, Saturate properly, Store safely

· 3. Leather texture and stylish cover

· 4. 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm mesh pods

· 5. Adjustable airflow

· 6. Top filling system

· 7. Anti-sweat, anti-smudge grip

· 8. Draw-activated, three-color indicator

· 9. 2ml visible pod

· 10. Type-C USB charging port

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Dimensiond.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Over-View.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Give-you-longer-vaping-experience.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-1000m-AH.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Adjustable-Airflow.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Pioneering-texture-on-small-pods.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-SSS-Leak-Resistance-Technology.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Top-filling.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Kit-Two-Pods.jpg

Vaporesso-LUXE-Q-Pod-Kit-Easy-to-use.jpg

First Impressions:

The packaging on the Luxe Q is like many other Vaporesso products I’ve reviewed. It is simple yet well presented. After sliding the top off the box there is a pouch with the user manual and warranty card inside. Underneath that is the Luxe Q body, a 1.2 and .8 pod in foil packs and a USB-C charging cable. The color that I received is the green but it looks more like a blue green to me.

The texture of the body and the feel in the hand is very nice in my opinion. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a simple device. The device has a 1000mah battery which is good for this size of unit. There is no fire button on the Luxe Q. When the pod is installed on the unit the light will flash once. There are two slots on each side of the body and depending on which way you insert the pod you will get more or less airflow. It is auto draw activated only. There is however an indicator light on one side of the leather body that lights when the output is activated and tells the battery level. There are three colors that indicate battery level where green is 70-100%, blue is 30-70%, and red is 0-30%.

IMG-4692-1.jpg

IMG-4699-1.jpg

The pods that are included in the kit are .8 ohm and 1.2 ohm. The pods do not have replaceable coils so when it’s time to change then you have to replace the entire pod. The pod capacity is 2ml which I think is a decent size for such a small pod. I do like that the pods have the resistance rating printed on the bottom of the pod. Just like the Xros and Luxe PM40 the Luxe Q is a top fill pod which I very much like. You just pop of the black mouthpiece and fill through the hole with the white ring around it. The other hole is to let air vent out while filling. It’s really a great filling system in my opinion and I still use the Xros to this day since I first received it for review. The pod makes connection to the device through the two gold colored pins on the bottom that meet up with the pins in the body of the Luxe Q. The pods snap in securely and have not had a problem with them coming out accidentally. Unlike the pods on the Xros, the pods for the Luxe do not have magnets on the bottom. I do like that Vaporesso has once again gone with clear pods which makes visibility of the liquid very good but the way the pod sits in the body, I have to remove the pod to see how much is in it.

The Luxe Q does have protections built in that are indicated by different light sequences. They are as follows.

- Short circuit/ Red light flashes 5 times
    - No load/ Red light flashes 5 times
    - Low Voltage/ Red light flashes 3 times
    - Over charging/ Red light then green light
    - Over discharging/ Red light flashes 3 times
    - Low resistance/ Red light flashes 5 times
    - High resistance/ Current color light flashes 5 times
    - Overtime/ Current color light flashes 3 times

IMG-4713.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

From the design of the body of the device to the feel in the hand, I do in fact like the Luxe Q. I was honestly expecting a much tighter draw on the 1.2 ohm pod but it is honestly rather airy and if you rotate the pod to open the airflow more then it hits that gray area between MTL and RDTL in my opinion. There wasn’t a huge difference between the 1.2 and the .8 ohm pod. What I noticed the most was the vapor was warmer. With the pod inserted one way I got a very loose MTL and with it rotated to allow more airflow, I was actually able to get a pretty restricted DTL. Those that like a really tight MTL aren’t going to like this device. I tend to lean toward a more airy MTL so it was a decent fit for me.

I felt like both pods delivered pretty good flavor and especially liked the ry4 cream recipe I used in both pods, in the .8 ohm pod. Like I mentioned before, I simply love the top fill that Vaporesso uses on this pod as well as the Luxe PM40 and Xros. It is simple yet effective and I can easily fill using a 10 or 50ml plastic bottle with no mess.

I don’t really feel like I can give a good estimate on battery life. Personally I felt like the battery lasted a long time before it went from green to blue. I know I ran at least three mostly filled pods through it before it changed. I did however use the 1.2 and the .8 pod on the same charge which makes it a little difficult to estimate how long the battery will last before it must be recharged. I tend to recharge devices before they hit the red light or 30% mark. I’m not saying that’s the best way to do it but simply it’s what I do.

Here’s the part you’ve been waiting for. Would I recommend the Vaporesso Luxe Q for you the readers? If you like airy MTL on a pod device and don’t mind having to replace pods instead of changing coils then this seems to be a good one in my opinion with pretty good flavor for such a small pod that can be easily thrown in a shirt pocket for out and about errands. So if that’s what you like then yes I would recommend it. Thanks to you for reading my review and thank goes out to Jasmine and Vaporesso for sending the Luxe Q for this review. I have included a link to their website if you would like to see more on the Luxe Q.

Vaporesso » LUXE Q

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    If you like airy MTL on a pod device and don’t mind having to replace pods instead of changing coils then this seems to be a good one in my opinion with pretty good flavor for such a small pod that can be easily thrown in a shirt pocket for out and about errands. So if that’s what you like then yes I would recommend it.

I like airy MTL, but throwaway pods is a deal breaker for me.

Great review, as always. :thumb:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Another nice review, hitt. :) I do really like the mesh coils in the PM40. I'm still using the original coil. If the little pods lasted so long they wouldn't be bad to buy...LOL

Thanks Fran.

I like airy MTL, but throwaway pods is a deal breaker for me.

Great review, as always. :thumb:

Some like them and some don't. I have normally gotten fairly long life from Vaporesso pods but usually run a simple clear mint mix in them.

Informative review, as always. If it weren’t for PACT, I’d probably have gotten one or two. I do think replaceable coils would have been nice. Did I miss how long the pod/coil lasts?

I've had the Q for about a week and a half and have rotated between the two pods with each getting at least a few fills and show no signs of reduced flavor or vapor. The .8 pod actually increased in flavor the longer I used it. I used the ry4 cream recipe for testing but normally run small pods like this at work with a clear mint liquid. I'm getting very long life out of the ones I use in the Xros at work and they are very similar to these pods but are a little bigger.

Another good review, but like others have said, the throwaway pods are a turn off. Personally I'm not fond of draw activated devices.

I don't mind auto draw but would have liked a tighter draw on the 1.2 pods.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice one! I also was supposed to review this, but I am slowly stopping reviewing so I denied. For me it is very similar to the PM40.

Yes it looks like a smaller pm40 but much simpler and no screen. I definitely can understand your reason for cutting back on reviews. It' gets to be a bit much sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread