Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again friends and welcome back for today's review of the luxe Q from vaporesso. The Luxe Q is the latest Luxe pod device and it differs quite a bit from it's big brother the Luxe PM40. There are some differences between the 2 siblings and I will cover them further down in the review but first lets look over some information on the Luxe Q.

COLOR CHOICES

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Specifications.jpg

DIMENTIONS

specs-dimension.png

1000 Mah INTERNAL BATTERY

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_1000mAH.jpg

TOP FILL

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Top_filling.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW ( 2 SETTINGS )

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Adjustable_Airflow.jpg

LEAK RESISTANT

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_SSS_Leak_Resistance_Technology.jpg

2 MESH POD CHOICES

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Kit_Two_Pods.jpg

FEATURES

Vaporesso_LUXE_Q_Pod_Kit_Easy_to_use.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging for the Q is nicely done as Vaporesso always does with all parts sitting in separate plastic cutouts and your paper material of the owners manual and warranty card in a cardboard sleeve.

20210508_120309.jpg

The Q is smaller and lighter than it's big brother the PM40 and fits the hand nicely. One side of the device has Vaporesso etched in the chrome at the top on one side with Luxe Q etched on the other side. The mouthpiece is a duckbill type and because it tappers down in size it's very comfortable to use.

The device has large boxes that kind of resemble lizard skin and have texture to it making it easy to hold on to. The type-c charge port in located at the bottom of the device.

20210508_134258.jpg

The Q is a draw activated only device, no buttons on this one. There are only 2 airflow adjustments that can be made and are done by installing the pod , in the picture below you can see the pod itself has 2 gold contacts and on the far left side is a little cutout, that cutout is where the airflow adjustment is, if you want a tighter draw keep that side away from the devices air inlet slot. There are slots on both sides of the device but only one side has a opening the other side is blocked off.

You can also see a small hole below each contact and that is where the draw activation tube on the device located bottom right in the picture fits in to. There is a difference between the 2 airflow choices but it's not a dramatic one, I would like it to be just a bit tighter for my preference. I would say if you like a loose MTL the Q will work great for you.

20210508_134104.jpg

Chrome surrounds the entire device giving it a very attractive accent and both sides have the slots for airflow but as I mentioned earlier only one side has a opening. Stamped on the bottom is 1000 mAH.

20210508_135426.jpg

20210508_135349.jpg

20210508_134948.jpg

Vaporesso has continued the top fill method that they have used in the past with the one way valve membrane that seals up after the bottle tip is pulled out after filling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, all pod styled devices should have this type of fill styled one way valve membrane because it makes filling a breeze with no mess, just don't overfill because it will come out of the air relief hole

The one way valve membrane is located far right with the air relief hole far left with the pods airflow tube centered.

To access the fill port simply press the top of the mouthpiece outward to unsnap it from the pod, after filling snap it back into place.

20210508_145142.jpg

The pod itself has 2 things about it I like, one is that it's clear and the other is that it sits into the device a good amount so as it sometimes happens you are not keeping a eye on your juice level and you look and think it's empty but you still have about a third left in the pod below the 2 stopping tabs on either side of the pod.

20210509_071301.jpg

Another nice thing that Vaporesso has kept is color coding the pods for the different ohms of each pod, 0.8Ω has a red inner base and the 1.2Ω pod has a black inner base.

20210509_070546.jpg

You should be able to get a full day or pretty close on a fully charged device depending on your vaping style. On the front of the device in the middle of it is a single led light that activates when a pod is installed, the device is vaped or when charging. There are 3 colors that show the status of the battery.

GREEN - 70-100%
    BLUE - 30-70%
    RED - Less than 30%

When charging the led light will breath on and off until fully charged at which point it will turn a solid green color and stay lit.

20210509_072032.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Lightweight

* Type-C

* Good Flavor

* Small

* 1000 mAH

* Comfortable Mouthpiece

* Easy No Mess Top Fill

CONS

* Some May Find It To Loose Of A Draw

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have been using the Q for a little over a week and haven't found any issues except wishing it was just a tad tighter in it's draw. The auto draw works well especially if you like a loose MTL, if you enjoy a tight MTL draw then I don't think this is the device for you.

Flavor is there with both pods but I like a warm vape and the 0.8Ω pod worked the best for me. The Q feels like it's solidly built and has no cheap feel to it.

Out and about is where the Q will be best used because of it's lightweight and size, it's perfect for tight fitting jeans or a shirt pocket and with no buttons to worry about either.

Your not going to fill up a room with vapor but the Q was not made for that purpose, vapor production is just fine and the Q gives a satisfying vape using either pod.

I'm glad there is some texture making it easily held without slippage in the hand happening. The battery is a good size and should last most users almost a day.

I can tell you that it can take some abuse also, I have been keeping it in my shirt pocket and while at work bending over to grab something it has fallen out a few times and never skipped a beat.

So in closing do I recommend the Luxe Q, I do recommend it if you like a loose MTL draw or even a very restricted DL vape which is how I've been using it.
    I would like to thank Vanessa and Vaporesso for providing the Luxe Q for the purpose of this review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread